Sponsored by:

AIM Light Force Review & Tips

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 10:20 AM
RinTin
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by dlwilson72
Have you heard from AIM about the one you sent in?
Read about 10 post up.. he received the new replacement, installed it and hasn't had any issues as of yet...but he hasn't put many miles on it from what I could read. I am very interesting to see his results. Also interest to see or hear what AIM found.

Old 05-19-2019, 08:25 PM
rscott
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by RinTin
Read about 10 post up.. he received the new replacement, installed it and hasn't had any issues as of yet...but he hasn't put many miles on it from what I could read. I am very interesting to see his results. Also interest to see or hear what AIM found.
Haven't heard anything as of yet. 500 miles all working as advertised happy camper here Thankyou AIM Corp.

Old 05-22-2019, 10:13 AM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 414 Likes on 297 Posts

Failed at just over 2 k.....

Mine failed 2000 miles.......see what they say. Thats dot 4 brake fluid .Not gear oil. Too think I swapped this in so I DIDNT have problems with factory one.. like the SS pump. Aftermarket is as bad as the MOCO...

Last edited by Bumpandrun; 05-22-2019 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:52 AM
RinTin
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Bumpandrun
failed 2000 miles
Can I ask what your symptom was? Full loss of clutch? or you took it apart to see how it looked? Very interesting find.

Last edited by RinTin; 05-22-2019 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:22 AM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by RinTin
Can I ask what your symptom was? Full loss of clutch? or you took it apart to see how it looked? Very interesting find.
Full loss of clutch..... I work on these junks a lot and have 3 others out there . I felt the clutch get different on the way home last night. Natural was NOT as good as it had been. Glad I clearance the clutch cover when I did these. Simply to fix when cover can come off with touching nothing else....
As far as interesting ? It failed not really all that interesting...More like disappointing...we all spent 250-280 bucks on something that’s as bad as we had. But if they get it rite ...it’s does work much better when it works

Last edited by Bumpandrun; 05-22-2019 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:29 PM
dlwilson72
Cruiser
Received 69 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't remember seeing anything about a warranty on the AIM Light Force.

Old 05-22-2019, 01:45 PM
bigcraig
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Failed at just over 2 k.....

Mine failed 2000 miles.......see what they say. Thats dot 4 brake fluid .Not gear oil. Too think I swapped this in so I DIDNT have problems with factory one.. like the SS pump. Aftermarket is as bad as the MOCO...
Well, that sucks. It looks like the inner seal failed, not good.

I assume you will be contacting AIM, I as well as many others would love to know the outcome.

I just put mine in last weekend and it seems to be working as it should. That said, you are not the first person to have an issue with the AIM unit. I can only hope AIM will stand behind their product and offer replacement, as will as maybe improve their product.

Old 05-22-2019, 02:25 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bigcraig
Well, that sucks. It looks like the inner seal failed, not good.

I assume you will be contacting AIM, I as well as many others would love to know the outcome.

I just put mine in last weekend and it seems to be working as it should. That said, you are not the first person to have an issue with the AIM unit. I can only hope AIM will stand behind their product and offer replacement, as will as maybe improve their product.
So far returned phone call personally in a timely manner...unlike that garbage ship hole S&S. They want to take a look before sending a new one. Tell you what..after using the aim one than tossing the stOCKER back in this morning.lmao hope they fixed the problem as the AIM one is 99% better than the stock POS......WELL WHEN IT WORKS. LOL

Old 05-22-2019, 04:09 PM
beammeup
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default modified the clutch cover for easy take off ?

Full loss of clutch..... I work on these junks a lot and have 3 others out there . I felt the clutch get different on the way home last night. Natural was NOT as good as it had been. Glad I clearance the clutch cover when I did these. Simply to fix when cover can come off with touching nothing else....
As far as interesting ? It failed not really all that interesting...More like disappointing...we all spent 250-280 bucks on something that’s as bad as we had. But if they get it rite ...it’s does work much better when it works
Can you explain what you did to the clutch cover so it can be removed without messing with other parts? Who knows how many times people including me might be removing, installing and then removing again this part. TY.

The following users liked this post:
Steel Wheels (05-22-2019)
Old 05-22-2019, 06:55 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by beammeup
Can you explain what you did to the clutch cover so it can be removed without messing with other parts? Who knows how many times people including me might be removing, installing and then removing again this part. TY.
Look at bottom edge....it probably a 1/4 to 1/2 inch off very bottom . Cut like a smile. Absolutely doesn’t matter. Can’t see it. Gets just as dirty as it did inside before I cut them. Wonder why MOCO Doesn’t do it. I go out to shop I’ll get a close up of it for you.Didn’t bother putting it back on...bike not a garage queen. It’s transportation and parts chaser 10-11 months out of year in New England

Quick Reply: AIM Light Force Review & Tips