Sponsored by:

oil pressure gauge

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 06:26 AM
jonuphi
Tourer
Received 154 Likes on 86 Posts
Default oil pressure gauge

Does any body make a complete oil pressure gauge kit for the M8?I have not been able to find one that is ready to install.Harley had a digital but I don't see it listed any more,maybe they don't want people to see what their bikes are actually running for oil pressure with the sumping issues?I would rather have a mechanical gauge anyways,thanks for your time

Old 11-17-2018, 06:02 PM
AFSOC_Commando
Tourer
Received 134 Likes on 88 Posts

Not at this time....

There is one in development but not yet marketed. You can learn more from a guy who did install one he designed with instructions at the below thread....

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwa...ure-gauge.html

Old 11-17-2018, 09:05 PM
jonuphi
Tourer
Received 154 Likes on 86 Posts

I saw that ,nice looking work.i guess i'll have to wait.I was hoping there was one out there already as my bike is still in the shop and I would like to know what pressure its putting out after eating 2 oil pumps,thanks for the reply

Old 11-18-2018, 07:28 AM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Simple fact. Moco doesn't want M8 owners to know what their oil pressure reading is. JMHO

Old 11-18-2018, 08:40 AM
jlombard
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

I think MoCo knew there was a oil psi problem this was a quick fix. Sell the bikes deal with the problem later.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:00 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by jlombard
I think MoCo knew there was a oil psi problem this was a quick fix. Sell the bikes deal with the problem later.
Somehow I don't think that's why an Oil Pressure gauge is not on Harley's, especially since I'v never owned one that had an OEM oil pressure gauge.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:24 AM
Msquad
Road Captain
Received 172 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by aviscomi
Somehow I don't think that's why an Oil Pressure gauge is not on Harley's, especially since I'v never owned one that had an OEM oil pressure gauge.
Not sure if you are joking etc. but all the touring bikes used to have oil pressure gauges. They went from an analog gauge to a display on the boom. It does seem like HD got rid of them (since they were already part of the system) because they knew the M8 had issues. Sad how they treat their customers.

Old 11-18-2018, 10:04 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Msquad
Not sure if you are joking etc. but all the touring bikes used to have oil pressure gauges. They went from an analog gauge to a display on the boom. It does seem like HD got rid of them (since they were already part of the system) because they knew the M8 had issues. Sad how they treat their customers.
hmm... I’ve had Harley Touring bikes since 2005 and never had an OEM oil pressure gauge. They did have outside air temp gauges.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:18 AM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by aviscomi

hmm... I’ve had Harley Touring bikes since 2005 and never had an OEM oil pressure gauge. They did have outside air temp gauges.
Tells us you never had a Rushmore touring bike because they all had oil pressure readout on the Boom box. Then along cones the M8 engine and the readout disappears,and I think Moco knew there was a oil pressure problem and figured this was a band-aid fix.

Last edited by GTK; 11-18-2018 at 11:23 AM.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:26 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by GTK
Tells us you never had a Rushmore touring bike because they all had oil pressure readout on the Boom box.
Yes, I had 2014 Ultra Limited and I still don't remember an Oil Pressure gauge on the boom, but you're correct there is one there. So now I'm "on board" with everyone else...WTF why did they do away with it Though I guess I never did look at it.

Quick Reply: oil pressure gauge