Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1 Warranty Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 10:46 PM
PadreFreddie
Cruiser

Received 129 Likes on 56 Posts

On both of my bikes, I changed the full exhaust and air cleaners from the get go myself. I installed an FP-3 VH tuner on both with less than 500 miles on them, needless to say, I don't ride like an a55hole and I don't push the bikes to the extreme or do burnouts or stupid **** like that. I have really enjoyed the bikes and they're both still running with no issues. I guess I just took the chance and decided to enjoy my bikes the way I like them, fast and loud. Sometimes you just have to say, ***** it!

The following 2 users liked this post by PadreFreddie:
royston (11-24-2018), STRADALE (11-21-2018)
Old 11-21-2018, 11:04 PM
Warrant
Road Warrior
Received 342 Likes on 288 Posts

No person, including Harley-Davidson dealers, may modify, extend or waive any part of this warranty.[/QUOTE]

When in doubt read the document provided at purchase. You betcha!
Ride safe

The following users liked this post:
One Vision (11-24-2018)
Old 11-21-2018, 11:14 PM
STRADALE
Cruiser
Received 71 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by FatBob2018
As was said above, the dealer is not part of the Harley factory warranty. No dealer can void the warranty, and no dealer can get around the terms of the warranty (unless the dealer is willing to lie to and cheat Harley on your behalf... Don't count on that.)

But there are two other scenarios too. There are extended warranties, which neither the dealer nor Harley are party to. Those are contracts between the rider and the warranty company. These warranties are supposed to be good at any dealer.

And there's the possibility of the dealership warranty contract. There are some dealers who offer a lifetime warranty on the bike, as long as you own it. In some cases that may be a contract between the dealership and the buyer; this warranty would only be good at that particular dealership.
Some dealerships wont ever cheat or lie to customers or even the Moco as long as the customer abides by the epa garbage that’s installed? I’m sure there’s never been unnecessary work done or a padded invoice for warranty work sent onto the MoCo from a dealer... If the dealer is willing to install the full exhaust, do the tune & willing to stand behind their work & stand behind the customer that’s the dealership I want to do business with, the MoCo doesn’t give a sh.t about me & I couldn’t care less how the dealer conducts their business w/ the MoCo as long as the dealership takes care of me......

”Lie & cheat Harley” on my behalf/for my benefit? — Now that’s the dealer I’d be dead nuts loyal to, LoL! Nah but if the MoCo had its choice they would LoVE to sell any & all aftermarket exhausts & tuners available as would every dealership without epa /warranty concerns,,, it’s not their voluntary decision to follow this BIG GOVT epa BS, they’ve been forced to & if given a choice would absolutely love to ignore all these bs regulations.......If someone has some kind of weird allegiance to the epa & their regulations that screw us all over, it’s an interesting thing to be loyal too but it’s definitely not about dealerships screwing over the MoCo, technically,,, in most cases,,,,where able,,,,unless the after market part was the obvious cause of a failure,,,, I’m sure they prefer the don’t ask don’t tell approach.

Last edited by STRADALE; 11-21-2018 at 11:56 PM.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:17 PM
STRADALE
Cruiser
Received 71 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by PadreFreddie
On both of my bikes, I changed the full exhaust and air cleaners from the get go myself. I installed an FP-3 VH tuner on both with less than 500 miles on them, needless to say, I don't ride like an a55hole and I don't push the bikes to the extreme or do burnouts or stupid **** like that. I have really enjoyed the bikes and they're both still running with no issues. I guess I just took the chance and decided to enjoy my bikes the way I like them, fast and loud. Sometimes you just have to say, ***** it!

Amen!

Old 11-21-2018, 11:18 PM
Warrant
Road Warrior

Your dealer is your partner in the bike you purchase.
The dealer pays for all warranty work, if they can recover that money from the MoCo they are good. The black and white is blurry.
If you are a good customer, and have a valid claim, life is good.

The following users liked this post:
STRADALE (11-21-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 01:08 AM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Warrant
Your dealer is your partner in the bike you purchase.
The dealer pays for all warranty work, if they can recover that money from the MoCo they are good. The black and white is blurry.
If you are a good customer, and have a valid claim, life is good.
Your post reads like you think warranty work on a new bike is paid for by the dealer where it was purchased?

Old 11-22-2018, 11:16 AM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

This is one of the reasons i'm trading my '18 Breakout for a '16 Low Rider S this weekend. I don't want to void my warranty, and i don't want to wait another 18 months before i can mod the bike how i would like.

Old 11-22-2018, 11:39 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Faulkner
This is one of the reasons i'm trading my '18 Breakout for a '16 Low Rider S this weekend. I don't want to void my warranty, and i don't want to wait another 18 months before i can mod the bike how i would like.
Hmm...Will the '16 Low Rider come with a Warranty?

Old 11-22-2018, 11:49 AM
Warrant
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Cbyway
Your post reads like you think warranty work on a new bike is paid for by the dealer where it was purchased?
Any dealer performing warranty repairs is the one providing all the parts and labor required to do the repair. The dealer will then submit a claim to Harley for reimbursement, that is how it works.
This is especially true with any ESP, the original selling dealer collected that money and holds it in a fund to cover possible future warranty repairs.
Standard warranty is funded by Harley.
Either way the repairing dealer will absorb the warranty repair until reimbursement is completed with Harley.

What is warranty: a defect in materials or workmanship on the manufactures behalf.

Last edited by Warrant; 11-22-2018 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:24 PM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by aviscomi
Hmm...Will the '16 Low Rider come with a Warranty?
12 months

Quick Reply: Stage 1 Warranty Question