Sponsored by:

Stage 1 Warranty Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 01:02 PM
royston
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
not sure why people offer their interpretations instead of just reading their manuals
  1. Authorized Harley-Davidson dealers are independently owned and operated and may sell non-Harley-Davidson products. Because of this, HARLEY-DAVIDSON IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SAFETY, QUALITY, OR SUITABILITY OF ANY NON-HARLEY-DAVIDSON PART, ACCESSORY OR DESIGN MODIFICATION INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LABOR WHICH MAY BE SOLD AND/OR INSTALLED BY AUTHORIZED HARLEY-DAVIDSON DEALERS.
  2. This limited warranty is a contract between you and Harley-Davidson. It is separate and apart from any warranty you may receive or purchase from an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer. An authorized Harley-Davidson dealer is not authorized to alter, modify, expand, or in any way change the terms and conditions of this limited warranty.
Harley-Davidson authorized dealerships are independently owned and operated and may sell and install parts and accessories that are not manufactured or approved by Harley-Davidson for use on your motorcycle. Therefore, you should understand that Harley-Davidson is not and cannot be responsible for the quality, suitability, or safety of any non-Harley-Davidson part, accessory or design modification, including labor, which may be sold and/or installed by authorized Harley-Davidson dealerships.

No person, including Harley-Davidson dealers, may modify, extend or waive any part of this warranty.
....or put simply - HD will not warrant or guarantee any part not manufactured and /or installed by them - sounds fair enough.

Old 11-24-2018, 01:09 PM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior
Received 311 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by PadreFreddie
If Harleys were cheap and easy to fix, without having to fight with the dealer and still get phucked, nobody would want them. That's what I call, "Brand Loyalty." I have friends in Spain that have paid an arm and a leg for a stock Dyna and their dealer don't guarantee ****, yet, they still ride the ***** out of them and if they break, they just fix it on their own and keep on keeping on. If you worry about the warranty all the time and that takes over the fun you could be having riding your Harley, then maybe you cannot afford it and you need to sell it and buy a Kawasaki Cruiser or some other kind of cheaper bike....just saying.....
I still have fun with my bike and like having a warranty. Not having to worry about repairs gives me more funds for gas and travel. Each to their own I guess.

Old 11-24-2018, 01:30 PM
PadreFreddie
Cruiser

Received 129 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by jd05flhtci
I still have fun with my bike and like having a warranty. Not having to worry about repairs gives me more funds for gas and travel. Each to their own I guess.
Of course, some people though, they cannot find a happy medium.

Old 11-24-2018, 02:37 PM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by royston

Where is that written, specifically?
Read the owners manual. Anything that makes the bike non-EPA compliant can void your warranty.

Old 11-24-2018, 05:14 PM
One Vision
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the excellent information and ensuing related discussion.

Always go back to your manual when in doubt is the best advice here right?

All the best and enjoy the winter!!

OV