SE Street Cannons a decent choice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 05:10 PM
Simba1959
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Star
Still have black Steeet Cannons?
Yes I have black street Cannons. They are the model with the cat, but I've been told that easy to fix if you want. This gave me a good sound and kept the warranty intact.
I have the "no cat" headpipe with black heat shields too. Some scratches on the lower heat shield from the spur I wear on my boot. Easily covered with flat black stove paint, I just haven't gotten around to it.
I can send photos if you want.
I'm in Albany, Oregon. 97321. Mufflers are heavy, so shipping won't be cheap.
Make me an offer.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:36 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Simba1959
Yes I have black street Cannons. They are the model with the cat, but I've been told that easy to fix if you want. This gave me a good sound and kept the warranty intact.
I have the "no cat" headpipe with black heat shields too. Some scratches on the lower heat shield from the spur I wear on my boot. Easily covered with flat black stove paint, I just haven't gotten around to it.
I can send photos if you want.
I'm in Albany, Oregon. 97321. Mufflers are heavy, so shipping won't be cheap.
Make me an offer.
Will the mufflers fit the stock headpipe?

Old 12-09-2018, 07:16 PM
Simba1959
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a direct replacement for the stock exhaust. I believe the mufflers fit the stock headpipe, but I bought the entire exhaust from the dealer before I took delivery of the bike. I wanted to get rid of the stock mufflers, move the cats into the mufflers, and set myself up to just replace the mufflers when I did performance upgrades. I changed my mind and I went to a 2-1 exhaust, so I pulled the whole thing off. It's a complete system from HD. I'm sure you can look up a factory part number for the system.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:01 PM
Reaper 9
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't Do it!!! They Suck !! That's why Harley gets you to buy them and gives you the BS that it will void your warranty. And that's there sales pitch to sell you there product!! The cats are in the mufflers and NOT in the header pipe. They are way to ZZZZZZZZZZZ I can hear my air breather over the pipes They suck!!!

Old 12-14-2018, 08:30 PM
Long time rider
Banned
Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Just as a side note here, as long as we are talking about Street Cannons. The style of end caps you put on your Street Cannons will change the sound drastically. You would not think so, but they will. If I was going to buy new slip on's I think I would make a trip to my friendly HD dealer and spend some time out in the parking lot watching riders come and go. That way you can see what they look like and hear them too. If your dealers serves free beer that is always a draw because I hear some rider like the taste of beer, especially free beer.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:21 AM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Long time rider
Just as a side note here, as long as we are talking about Street Cannons. The style of end caps you put on your Street Cannons will change the sound drastically. You would not think so, but they will. If I was going to buy new slip on's I think I would make a trip to my friendly HD dealer and spend some time out in the parking lot watching riders come and go. That way you can see what they look like and hear them too. If your dealers serves free beer that is always a draw because I hear some rider like the taste of beer, especially free beer.
I know on the Rushmore SC’s it was said by many that the smaller tips were the quietest. I have the slash up and they are definitely not quiet lol.