Sponsored by:

SE Street Cannons a decent choice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 07:24 PM
BluesStringer
Road Master

Received 690 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by teedoff65
that bike does sound great. The problem is, that's not an M8. Completely different animal and sound than the tc's.
That's true. I want to say it's a 2011, but I'm going off of memory when Steve was comparing that bike to the brand, spankin' new 2019 model when I was down there a couple of weeks ago. It also has Boneshakers and internal mods galore, but we were obviously talking about the new bike and the year of the "old" one was only mentioned in passing.

Steve was at Thunder Beach this year and this vid is of a guy that drove from taking delivery from PCB Harley of his new M8 bike and riding it straight over to Steve's booth in the main park area. No high revs or 60 mph samples, but I think it has an even more classic Harley sound than a Twinkie anyway. Check it out.....

Old 12-07-2018, 09:44 PM
sickstring04
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This post should be re-labeled as “SE Cannons AKA I’m old and cranky”. If you want your M8 to sound quiet and like a broken kazoo, just leave it stock. Save yourself $1000. You guys are neat!! 🚶🏼*♂️💨

Old 12-09-2018, 10:15 AM
kevinjbitter1
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vance & Hines Twin Slash 3" Slip-Ons Chrome

Old 12-09-2018, 10:34 AM
BigDawgQC
Road Warrior

Received 313 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by NoSecCatfish
Thanks for the comments, I picked up a set of the Street Cannons today, but I'm going to hold off installing them until I get the cat-less head pipe and swap everything out at the same time.

I also have an '18 SGS with a SE Stage 3 build using the prior generation Street Cannons. I've been very happy with that combo, so I think I'll dig the sound of the next generation SE mufflers.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the SE Street Cannons are designed or "tuned" with the cat in mind or in place.

Old 12-09-2018, 10:45 AM
Simba1959
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got a two complete 2017 M8 exhausts for sale, both with Street Cannon mufflers. Chrome set with cat head pipe/ no cat mufflers came off wife's SGS when she wanted it louder. Excellent condition 5,000 miles.
Black set with decatted head pipe came off my RGS when I built the motor and used a 2-1. Minor scratches from 18,9000 miles of use.
Each set has a headpipe, 2 mufflers, crossover, and all related heat shields, clamps, etc.
These mufflers/headpipes keep your warranty intact.
I'm in the Willamette Valley of Oregon.
Make me an offer.

Old 12-09-2018, 11:20 AM
Kralj
Intermediate
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

You are correct. I'm looking into a Stage 4 and the dealer said I'd have to go with the SE exhaust, header and street cannons because it moves the cats from the head pipe to the street cannons. There is a guy on eBay selling de-catted stock head pipes for $130. I'll do that and keep my street cannons.

Old 12-09-2018, 11:22 AM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,254 Likes on 11,139 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
I had the Street Canons on my ‘17 Road King. They were a sound and lookmimprivemrnt over stock. I went with them for the warranty crap. After time the sound improved. I have a set to put on my EG Limited. But, after the warranty expires I’ll go with something with a bit more thump.

I installed the SCs on my EG Ultra Limited yesterday. 1st...they look a whole lot better than the OEMs.

Recordings don’t do slip ons Justice. As such, I’m not going to record them. But, IMHO the sound is significantly improved over the OEMs. At idle the muffled sound (like you have your hand over the outlet) is gone, and they have a more pronounced rumble. When cracking the throttle they have quite a bit of bark. When cruising at speed, they are comfortable. I’m glad I put them on, and probably won’t replace them.

Next, I’ll install the K&N air filter that I have, and use the street tuner to do the HD Stage 1 download.

Edit: Oh yeah, the metal bade is gone, and they now have a subtle black print on them. Also, they sound better than the SCs I had put on my M8 RoadKing. I’m not sure if they redesigned them, or it’s due to the additional .5 compression the twin cooled have over the oil cooled.

Last edited by TriGeezer; 12-09-2018 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-09-2018, 01:21 PM
Bigtrucks01
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set i took off of a 2017 road king.I bought fishtails and slash cut end caps.I sold bike.I probably have 1000 miles on them.i would like to get $250.00 for the bunch.I live in north carolina

Old 12-09-2018, 02:50 PM
Fullbore55
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,632 Likes on 1,226 Posts

Originally Posted by Kralj
I've been running a Stage 1 with Street Cannons and I just love them. The sound is great. I'm doing a cam and cat delete over the winter.
You’ll like SCs more with the new cam; I did, but haven’t de-catted the headpipe. The new cam gave it a little lope.

Old 12-09-2018, 04:17 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Simba1959
I've got a two complete 2017 M8 exhausts for sale, both with Street Cannon mufflers. Chrome set with cat head pipe/ no cat mufflers came off wife's SGS when she wanted it louder. Excellent condition 5,000 miles.
Black set with decatted head pipe came off my RGS when I built the motor and used a 2-1. Minor scratches from 18,9000 miles of use.
Each set has a headpipe, 2 mufflers, crossover, and all related heat shields, clamps, etc.
These mufflers/headpipes keep your warranty intact.
I'm in the Willamette Valley of Oregon.
Make me an offer.
Still have black Steeet Cannons?

Quick Reply: SE Street Cannons a decent choice?