Sponsored by:

V&H Dresser Duals w/114??

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 07:57 PM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts
Default V&H Dresser Duals w/114??

Anyone run these on a 114 yet? If so, please give opinion.

Old 12-09-2018, 07:09 AM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, I may be the first then … I know it doesn't do anything for the low end torque but I think the M8 in a 114 would make up the difference and I love the clean lines of the dresser duals.

Old 12-09-2018, 09:13 AM
Livewire77
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CSMHOG
Well, I may be the first then … I know it doesn't do anything for the low end torque but I think the M8 in a 114 would make up the difference and I love the clean lines of the dresser duals.
I have dresser duals with 450 raiders on my 107. Love the look. Yes kills torque but I added the thunder torque inserts and gained some low end grunt back. I have not had on a Dyno but plan to run it on one over the winter.... From going by my fp3 I gained 14ft/lbs back. Not sure how accurate that is but that is the live data on the app. The but Dyno definitely felt the difference.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:57 PM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Livewire77
I have dresser duals with 450 raiders on my 107. Love the look. Yes kills torque but I added the thunder torque inserts and gained some low end grunt back. I have not had on a Dyno but plan to run it on one over the winter.... From going by my fp3 I gained 14ft/lbs back. Not sure how accurate that is but that is the live data on the app. The but Dyno definitely felt the difference.
Please do report back after you’ve had it dyno’d, I’ve always wondered how accurate that info is from th FP3.

Old 12-09-2018, 07:29 PM
Indyhawgrider
Cruiser
Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

My 107 goes in next month to be tuned and cam'd...have the dresser duals and s&s mufflers...putting in the cr460 cam...I'll post up my results also....I'm going to have them do a run with and without the DB killers....

Old 12-09-2018, 07:59 PM
talkingrock
Road Warrior
Received 421 Likes on 284 Posts

Even on the twin cam torque loss happens just like the M8 all you can do is use a smaller baffle , I put Reinhart mufflers on our 2017 trike that fit on the T/cam model and didn’t loose any low end maybe a set of power duals will be next after the warranty expires

Old 12-10-2018, 11:04 AM
Livewire77
Advanced

Originally Posted by Indyhawgrider
My 107 goes in next month to be tuned and cam'd...have the dresser duals and s&s mufflers...putting in the cr460 cam...I'll post up my results also....I'm going to have them do a run with and without the DB killers....
I will be very curious to see your results. I am doing the Andrews M462. Thinking of doing a power vision tune and leave the fp3 behind. Not that I am disappointed with it. Just not sure how well it will adjust for the cam. I have more confidence in a proper tune. What tuner are you using?

Old 12-10-2018, 01:50 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 143 Posts

I will be very curious to see your results. I am doing the Andrews M462. Thinking of doing a power vision tune and leave the fp3 behind. Not that I am disappointed with it. Just not sure how well it will adjust for the cam. I have more confidence in a proper tune. What tuner are you using?
Hopefully you have it tuned & dynoed I'd like to see the #s with that cam. I like the timing events on that cam, on paper I think it could be one of the best cams for an otherwise stock 107, the one test I've seen it had really good TQ right at 2K & pulled well up top also. I'm not sure you'll find a good tuner to use the FP3, they have less capabilities & are harder to to use on the dyno, find a good tuner & use the device he likes to use. If you find someone using DJ PV you can just buy a tune license from him for $200 & you don't have to buy the tuner itself, I think you could still use your FP3 to monitor conditions.

Old 12-10-2018, 02:00 PM
Livewire77
Advanced

Originally Posted by DTTJGlide
Hopefully you have it tuned & dynoed I'd like to see the #s with that cam. I like the timing events on that cam, on paper I think it could be one of the best cams for an otherwise stock 107, the one test I've seen it had really good TQ right at 2K & pulled well up top also. I'm not sure you'll find a good tuner to use the FP3, they have less capabilities & are harder to to use on the dyno, find a good tuner & use the device he likes to use. If you find someone using DJ PV you can just buy a tune license from him for $200 & you don't have to buy the tuner itself, I think you could still use your FP3 to monitor conditions.
Yes I will be using the power vision as that is what my tuner prefers. I will be buying just the license. I have seen 3 Dyno graphs on that cam and they seem good, very flat torque line. Comes on early and holds. So we shall see. I was wondering about plugging the fp3 after the tune to do just monitoring. Curious if anyone has done that. I just don't want to plug it in and screw up a good tune.

Old 12-10-2018, 02:06 PM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member

Yes I will be using the power vision as that is what my tuner prefers. I will be buying just the license. I have seen 3 Dyno graphs on that cam and they seem good, very flat torque line. Comes on early and holds. So we shall see. I was wondering about plugging the fp3 after the tune to do just monitoring. Curious if anyone has done that. I just don't want to plug it in and screw up a good tune.
Why not do the monitoring with your power vision? You can see more than with a FP3, it’s just not wireless.

Quick Reply: V&H Dresser Duals w/114??