New bike now time for new exhaust - Page 3 - Harley Davidson Forums

Go Back  Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Milwaukee Eight (M8)
Reload this Page >

New bike now time for new exhaust

Notices
Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion

New bike now time for new exhaust

Old 12-31-2018, 08:40 PM
SMR65

Ok thanks SWMB, Is that the cam your indy recommend for your bike over 465 or is that the cam u decided on? What were looking for in performance? I have a 18 SG 107 and was looking at the 465 and andrews 462. Any info would be appreciated.

Old 12-31-2018, 10:25 PM
SWMB
Road Captain

Well to start with I'd been watching Stonecolds cam testing on this forum then read all that FuelMotto had been testing. So when I went to my Indy I was kinda looking at the Zippers 468 or the S&S 475. The day after first talking to my Indy I went back in and discussed my cam choices with him and he'd been doing some reading and figured the S&S 475 was the better option. Also read quite a few posts on this forum by teedoff65 and he seemed very happy with this combination. So now its a wait of 90 to a 100 days to see how it all works out. I'm feeling like a 15 year old waiting to turn 16 for the drivers licence LOL.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SWMB For This Useful Post:
SMR65 (01-01-2019), teedoff65 (01-03-2019)
Old 12-31-2018, 10:32 PM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member

S&S MK45s with Fuelmotos 2-1-2 headpipe and Wood 22X cams. Fun stuff right there!

The Following User Says Thank You to CSMHOG For This Useful Post:
SMR65 (01-01-2019)
Old 12-31-2018, 11:59 PM
FLSTF
Road Captain

I have an S&S headpipe and CFR mufflers with the S&S 475. The sound is amazing but the exhaust is killing my low-end. Have a D&D Billetcat sitting in the garage now. LOL FuelMoto had the best price on the D&D I could find. I'll be putting it on with the S&S drop on 124 cyl/piston kit and SE 64mm throttle body.

The Following User Says Thank You to FLSTF For This Useful Post:
SMR65 (01-01-2019)
Old 01-01-2019, 01:15 AM
yobtaf103
One Of The Regulars

Depends what takes priority to you, sound/looks/performance
Go to pipe 2-1 seems to be Billet cat, performance well documented, but high end on price & if you want the ghost
I had a budget for pipes, so i could get motor parts later ( + i'm overseas, shipping/ taxes bah !)
Ended up with... (for my 18 RGS)
FM Jackpot header 2-1-2 ( purchased from member here S/H)
FM Street outlaw mufflers (in their closeout sale Used)
I already have a Powervision (E-bay for $35 shipped!! guess the guy thought it was a one shot device)so licence purchase
K&N 1717/ breather mod into catch bottle stock airbox/cover

Where theres a will, theres a way, lol

Just to add back pressure needed on M8 after de-cat , so be careful chasing loud slip-ons
I wanted dual bung header for PV autotune, but folk had good results with de-cat stock header

Last edited by yobtaf103; 01-01-2019 at 01:30 AM.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:43 AM
Rocket67
Outstanding HDF Member

I just ordered the MagnaFlow Hitman mufflers. I got an email from the MF tech that stated "on a stock 2017- up M8 Motor you should see 5-6 HP gains and 5-7 TQ gains" and "The biggest noticeable difference is the throttle response and of course the sound. With the Hitmans, the throttle will feel more responsive at all speeds as well as off the line. You'll get a deep low rumble/growl that never becomes annoying or too loud". I am pushing for more information and hopefully some charts. Someone throwing out this in an email when it's not in any marketing material is highly suspect but based on what I see here on the HD forum, at least the sound part should be accurate. I am looking for a better tone, not necessarily a LOUD exhaust so this should play nicely into my build. Also, I don't want to screw up my A/F ratio on this new bike. I don't think this should affect it that much due to leaving the CAT on but I know that there can be a slight difference and not sure how much of that the ECU can manage alone.

Last edited by Rocket67; 01-03-2019 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:05 AM
OldMike
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SWMB View Post
Well to start with I'd been watching Stonecolds cam testing on this forum then read all that FuelMotto had been testing. So when I went to my Indy I was kinda looking at the Zippers 468 or the S&S 475. The day after first talking to my Indy I went back in and discussed my cam choices with him and he'd been doing some reading and figured the S&S 475 was the better option. Also read quite a few posts on this forum by teedoff65 and he seemed very happy with this combination. So now its a wait of 90 to a 100 days to see how it all works out. I'm feeling like a 15 year old waiting to turn 16 for the drivers licence LOL.
Can you talk about why your indy thought the 475 was a better fit for you over the 468?

Thanks,
Mike

Old 01-03-2019, 10:27 AM
teedoff65
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SWMB View Post
You will be very happy with this cam and set up.

Everyone should remember though. SO far, there is no part or combo that will get you that old harley sound....or even the evo sound on these M8's. They will never sound like older harley engines.
But the new harley sound sounds good in its own right.

Old 01-03-2019, 10:35 AM
Moose2011FLHX
Senior Rider

I'm extremely happy with the D&D Billet Cat I put on my 2018 SGS. Nice sound and great performance. I didn't go with a ghost pipe, to much money for a non functional part for me.

Old 01-03-2019, 12:15 PM
Johnyboy05
One Of The Regulars

Thank you for all the input. I'm giving Fuel moto a shop with their jackpot street outlaws. Seem like a great company and figure they are worth a shot for half the price of most slip ons on the market.

Considered doing a 2 into 1 and doing a ghost pipe later. However , then the trickle effect occurs. Intake and then tune . Not trying to void my warranty (tuning it is alot more serious than most things) considering I bought it 5 days ago. It's in the plans but hearing that Harley really tightened down on warranty claims and are actually looking into what been done to the bikes more than ever , I'm holding off for the moment for a full stage 1.

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: