Sponsored by:

New bike now time for new exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 01:39 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,470 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnyboy05
Thank you for all the input. I'm giving Fuel moto a shop with their jackpot street outlaws. Seem like a great company and figure they are worth a shot for half the price of most slip ons on the market.

Considered doing a 2 into 1 and doing a ghost pipe later. However , then the trickle effect occurs. Intake and then tune . Not trying to void my warranty (tuning it is alot more serious than most things) considering I bought it 5 days ago. It's in the plans but hearing that Harley really tightened down on warranty claims and are actually looking into what been done to the bikes more than ever , I'm holding off for the moment for a full stage 1.
Well keep in mind....technically, changing those headers will void your warranty. So might as well go all in. lol

Old 01-03-2019, 04:09 PM
Johnyboy05
Cruiser
Received 67 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by teedoff65
Well keep in mind....technically, changing those headers will void your warranty. So might as well go all in. lol
Supposedly so will the slip ons. That all I'm doing for now though When I do head pipes/2 into 1 , I'm doing it all. Full exhaust requires a tune hence why I'm sticking with slip ons for the moment

Old 01-03-2019, 04:17 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,508 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Supposedly so will the slip ons. That all I'm doing for now though When I do head pipes/2 into 1 , I'm doing it all. Full exhaust requires a tune hence why I'm sticking with slip ons for the moment
According to my dealer, changing touring slip ons will not impact warranty, as the catalyst is in the head pipe so you aren’t disabling any pollution control by changing mufflers. With SE high flow exhaust/mufflers however, the cat is moved to the mufflers so emoving them would be tampering with pollution control.

Old 01-03-2019, 07:36 PM
Tango434
Stage I
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got a 19 SGS and did Rinehart slimline duals with an FP3 tuner and stage 1. Deep, beefy sound that I was looking for. Also good power gain.

The following users liked this post:
Johnyboy05 (01-03-2019)
Old 01-03-2019, 09:27 PM
Johnyboy05
Cruiser
Received 67 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad

According to my dealer, changing touring slip ons will not impact warranty, as the catalyst is in the head pipe so you aren’t disabling any pollution control by changing mufflers. With SE high flow exhaust/mufflers however, the cat is moved to the mufflers so emoving them would be tampering with pollution control.
makes sense. Wish there was a way to get a straight answer for everyone across the board rather than dealer to dealer

The following users liked this post:
Mchad (01-04-2019)
Old 01-03-2019, 10:37 PM
Davii
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

makes sense. Wish there was a way to get a straight answer for everyone across the board rather than dealer to dealer
The bottom line is EPA approved mods should not void warranty.

Old 01-04-2019, 05:17 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,508 Likes on 2,133 Posts

So true. As it stands it’s really little more then “he said she said”

Old 01-04-2019, 07:51 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 666 Likes on 443 Posts

I imagine if one had slip-on's and an FP3....the bike could be taken to bone stock for dealership visits. It's not that much trouble really. They can't tell if someone has changed the tune on it can they? Of course I mean if they have changed it back to stock before taking in.

Last edited by TexasMotorcycleRider; 01-04-2019 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:16 AM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,458 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket67
I imagine if one had slip-on's and an FP3....the bike could be taken to bone stock for dealership visits. It's not that much trouble really. They can't tell if someone has changed the tune on it can they? Of course I mean if they have changed it back to stock before taking in.
Not going to work well for folks that ride out of town, and you can be sure the ECM has a tattletale.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:22 AM
51Moe
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket67
my understanding is that the ECM has a log of sorts that will be able to show that another tuner was used at some point and time.

Quick Reply: New bike now time for new exhaust