Sponsored by:

New bike now time for new exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 11:23 AM
Johnyboy05
Cruiser
Received 67 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by teedoff65
be sure to get any dealer back warranty in writing before authorizing the work. Sorry to say, but some dealers dont always tell the truth.

Good luck.
spoke to him last night (9pm on his cell phone which I'd NEVER get half that type of customer service from my local dealer). He said the exhaust is a grey area for the warranty but regardless I will get something in writing from him so now just waiting on all the parts to arrive and then drop it all and the bike off

Old 01-09-2019, 01:27 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,227 Likes on 1,267 Posts

Well, here's the deal: the reason to go with the Harley Stage II kit is because it gives a big performance boost, for not much money, and retains the warranty.

If you put an aftermarket pipe on, you will almost certainly have your warranty voided if you need service at any dealer who is not your home dealer.

Even at your home dealer, if Harley asks for a pic of the bike and exhaust, you're screwed.

But that isn't the real issue. The real issue is that the Screaming Eagle tuner is not set up for a pipe like that, and may not be able to accommodate that pipe. You may not be able to tune the bike properly, so it may not run right and it very likely won't deliver the full measure of performance the pipe is capable of.

The only way to take full advantage of the pipe would be to use an aftermarket tuner. And using an aftermarket tuner is absolutely going to void your warranty, guaranteed, by the factory and voided at every dealership and there's nothing you or your dealer can say about it.

Which is all to say: if you're trying to maintain your warranty, the Bassani pipe is a terrible idea. And if you're determined to get the Bassani, then why bother with the Harley Stage II, why not go for something like the TTS100 since the warranty is gone anyway?

If warranty is a concern, I would say get the Harley Stage II and forget the Bassani for now. It's a good upgrade that you can really feel. Keep it that way until the warranty expires; once the warranty is up you can add the Bassani and aftermarket tuner and enjoy another increase in performance.

Old 01-10-2019, 05:47 AM
Johnyboy05
Cruiser

Originally Posted by FatBob2018
Well, here's the deal: the reason to go with the Harley Stage II kit is because it gives a big performance boost, for not much money, and retains the warranty.

If you put an aftermarket pipe on, you will almost certainly have your warranty voided if you need service at any dealer who is not your home dealer.

Even at your home dealer, if Harley asks for a pic of the bike and exhaust, you're screwed.

But that isn't the real issue. The real issue is that the Screaming Eagle tuner is not set up for a pipe like that, and may not be able to accommodate that pipe. You may not be able to tune the bike properly, so it may not run right and it very likely won't deliver the full measure of performance the pipe is capable of.

The only way to take full advantage of the pipe would be to use an aftermarket tuner. And using an aftermarket tuner is absolutely going to void your warranty, guaranteed, by the factory and voided at every dealership and there's nothing you or your dealer can say about it.

Which is all to say: if you're trying to maintain your warranty, the Bassani pipe is a terrible idea. And if you're determined to get the Bassani, then why bother with the Harley Stage II, why not go for something like the TTS100 since the warranty is gone anyway?

If warranty is a concern, I would say get the Harley Stage II and forget the Bassani for now. It's a good upgrade that you can really feel. Keep it that way until the warranty expires; once the warranty is up you can add the Bassani and aftermarket tuner and enjoy another increase in performance.

LOL this was the straw that broke the camel's back and got me thinking. Because of the bassani I was basically doing a dealer backed warranty. Long story short , made a list with a dealer last night that they are putting through today and it will be a dealer backed (on paper ) warranty

woods 777 cams
TTS (I already own a powervision so I have to call and ask about that,totally forgot )
SE oushrods
FUEL moto intake
bassani 2 into 1

now I'm VERY excited. Have to make sure they have the new oil pump cover in case that has to be changed.

Old 01-10-2019, 05:52 AM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnyboy05
LOL this was the straw that broke the camel's back and got me thinking. Because of the bassani I was basically doing a dealer backed warranty. Long story short , made a list with a dealer last night that they are putting through today and it will be a dealer backed (on paper ) warranty

woods 777 cams
TTS (I already own a powervision so I have to call and ask about that,totally forgot )
SE oushrods
FUEL moto intake
bassani 2 into 1

now I'm VERY excited. Have to make sure they have the new oil pump cover in case that has to be changed.
If you get your ECM flashed with a TTS, you’ll never be able to put a different tuner to it. It marries to the ECM and locks out all others.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:19 AM
Johnyboy05
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CSMHOG

If you get your ECM flashed with a TTS, you’ll never be able to put a different tuner to it. It marries to the ECM and locks out all others.
wow another thing I didn't know. Don't quite like that but just found out the TTS is the only way I get the dealer backed warranty . I have a powervision and they said they won't warranty the work even though they would be the one tuning with it. .why- i have no idea

if anyone is looking for a powervision , I have one for sale now lol

Old 01-10-2019, 10:04 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,474 Likes on 1,061 Posts

Originally Posted by FatBob2018

Fully agree with one exception. The Big performance boots for not much money. lol

I would argue that you get a BIGGER performance boost with aftermarket...and I found it was cheaper than going SE upgrades. And I believe the parts are better quality.

But yes...the warranty is the deciding factor, which is why I hope the OP is as informed as he can be before deciding.

Old 01-11-2019, 10:19 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnyboy05
wow another thing I didn't know. Don't quite like that but just found out the TTS is the only way I get the dealer backed warranty . I have a powervision and they said they won't warranty the work even though they would be the one tuning with it. .why- i have no idea

if anyone is looking for a powervision , I have one for sale now lol
Why/how would/could they warranty the TTS and the other parts ?

Last edited by badcooky; 01-11-2019 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:10 AM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by badcooky
It’s all about maintaining the EPA standards. If H-D installs it, they ensure the tune is within EPA standards. Pure BS and everyone’s afraid to violate their warranty.

Old 01-12-2019, 12:22 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by CSMHOG

It’s all about maintaining the EPA standards. If H-D installs it, they ensure the tune is within EPA standards. Pure BS and everyone’s afraid to violate their warranty.
Cool got it.
Cheers man.

Old 01-12-2019, 06:06 PM
Johnyboy05
Cruiser

Originally Posted by badcooky
it's a dealer backed warranty , therefore if something happens and corporate won't pay because of the motor work, the dealer will cover it. The only downfall is I have to get the bike to that specific dealer if I have any issues that corporate cant/won't cover.

if I ran ALL Harley motor parts , it's to my understanding id retain my factory warranty. Like stated above , it comes down to the EPA b.s. And running ALL Harley parts then makes it pointless. I was fine with it if I could run a non Harley exhaust which wasn't the case so f it. Did the parts i want and drop it off Wednesday 😁😁