Sponsored by:

New bike now time for new exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 08:38 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by 51Moe

my understanding is that the ECM has a log of sorts that will be able to show that another tuner was used at some point and time.
Where is this coming from? People have “heard” of these things - “tamper fuses” etc. I suspect if there was any REAL proof it would be documented rather then just heresay... From what I have seen with my own two eyes, the digital technician used simply reads the calibration ID from the ECM. Plain and simple. Of course if you leave an aftermarket tune in place when the dealer plugs in, then of course your cooked. However you’d have to be pretty stupid to do that.

Now, who knows if HD can do a forensic analysis of your ECM if it was sent to corporate, but for the number of warrantiy claims they process on a daily basis, how often do you think that will happen. Guaranteed that will cost more time and effort then just approving the claim.

But as is all this speculation, other then what I observed personally, this is another case of one man’s opinion.

The following users liked this post:
TexasMotorcycleRider (01-07-2019)
Old 01-05-2019, 09:29 AM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 993 Likes on 590 Posts

I went with the Street Cannons. I’m totally satisfied with the look and the sound. I didn’t want anything really loud and the SCs aren’t.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:25 AM
Johnyboy05
Cruiser
Received 67 Likes on 27 Posts

Well, talk about a quick change of pace lol. Spoke to an out of town dealer in person and an going for stage 2 lolol. Being able to retain my warranty and have stage 2 is very appealing. Granted,using Harley torque cams versus woods or anyone else and their tuners, I won't get nearly the power id like but it'll do for now.

Waiting on a response from Jamie but hopefully I can return the street outlaw slip ons I ordered and get the bassani road rage 2 into 1. Had the same pipe on my low rider s and since I'm aiming for sound AND performance now , I know that pipe is killer

Old 01-07-2019, 12:19 PM
timbits588
Cruiser
Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

I thought Bassani was out of the question? Looking at some upgraded myself so just figured I'd double check!

Old 01-07-2019, 12:51 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,474 Likes on 1,061 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnyboy05
Well, talk about a quick change of pace lol. Spoke to an out of town dealer in person and an going for stage 2 lolol. Being able to retain my warranty and have stage 2 is very appealing. Granted,using Harley torque cams versus woods or anyone else and their tuners, I won't get nearly the power id like but it'll do for now.

Waiting on a response from Jamie but hopefully I can return the street outlaw slip ons I ordered and get the bassani road rage 2 into 1. Had the same pipe on my low rider s and since I'm aiming for sound AND performance now , I know that pipe is killer
Sorry but again......removing the catalytic converter WILL void your warranty. Your dealer may "stand behind" your warranty, but another dealer probably wont.

So, if you're voiding your warranty with the head pipes, I would personally not waste my time and money on the SE stage upgrades.

Old 01-07-2019, 05:17 PM
Johnyboy05
Cruiser

Originally Posted by timbits588
I thought Bassani was out of the question? Looking at some upgraded myself so just figured I'd double check!
I know I know , seriously the worst customer service I've ever dealt with in my life. I know their pipe is a good performing and sounding pipe, it's all black and I can get a ghost pipe for it

Old 01-07-2019, 05:27 PM
timbits588
Cruiser
Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Ah gotcha. Thanks for the honesty. Hopefully this one will be trouble free!

Old 01-07-2019, 05:32 PM
Johnyboy05
Cruiser

Of course and lol I hope so!

Old 01-07-2019, 05:34 PM
Johnyboy05
Cruiser

Originally Posted by teedoff65
Sorry but again......removing the catalytic converter WILL void your warranty. Your dealer may "stand behind" your warranty, but another dealer probably wont.

So, if you're voiding your warranty with the head pipes, I would personally not waste my time and money on the SE stage upgrades.
I've heard that a few times now which is beginning to make me nervous but honestly If I'm doing cams , I won't run anything other than 2 into 1.

I think this may turn into a dealer backed warranty which I was hoping to avoid but I'll find out soon enough. Been emailing them so hopefully I'll have an answer in writing

Old 01-07-2019, 06:19 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,474 Likes on 1,061 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnyboy05
I've heard that a few times now which is beginning to make me nervous but honestly If I'm doing cams , I won't run anything other than 2 into 1.

I think this may turn into a dealer backed warranty which I was hoping to avoid but I'll find out soon enough. Been emailing them so hopefully I'll have an answer in writing
be sure to get any dealer back warranty in writing before authorizing the work. Sorry to say, but some dealers dont always tell the truth.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: New bike now time for new exhaust