Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Milwaukee Eight (M8) (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8-198/)
-   -   6" Yaffe Monkey Sport Bars for Road Glide (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8/1266100-6-yaffe-monkey-sport-bars-for-road-glide.html)

mikes300 01-07-2019 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Road Star (Post 17941342)
These only come in one rise, right? Is the wrist angle better than stock?

anything would be better than the stock angle IMO

Road Star 01-07-2019 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by yobtaf103 (Post 17941547)
Flatter wrist angle, Yaffe Monkey bars also in 10" 12" 14" 16"
Check out the Vendor section on here, guy claims to have best prices on monkey bars

Any idea which vendor?

yobtaf103 01-08-2019 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Road Star (Post 17942153)
Any idea which vendor?

WanaRyd wheels

FLSTF 01-08-2019 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by yobtaf103 (Post 17932038)
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...1260b8a9f3.jpg
Love mine, make it feel more direct & nimble plus good aero as hands tucked behind shark nose, will still need to sort ideal screen /seat combo to work with your body stature

Position of bars here is about as far forward as they go, on full lock left turn they just touch on right inner just below screen

Never been into the Apes thang

Love the look of those bars. Wish I had seen them before I got what I have now. I've never been an ape guy either but listened to friends' advice and tried them. Ended up with 14" KST Renegades, while they are ok I don't like them near as much as the Ballistic Relaxers I had on my 2012 FLTRX. They have similar specs to what you have.
http://ballisticcycles.com/shop/bc-r...14-and-current

yobtaf103 01-08-2019 01:23 PM

Yeah looked at those similar trask & dirty bird hot rod bars, in the end cost & ease of purchase was a factor, as i'm in the UK

abadley 01-08-2019 05:31 PM

Anyone have the HD Chizeled Lo Handlebar? I like that they are narrow... 31.6" tip to tip and only a 9" rise so not tall and 6.42" pull back. Curios on the wrist angle compared to the Yaffe's.

Road Star 01-08-2019 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by abadley (Post 17945606)
Anyone have the HD Chizeled Lo Handlebar? I like that they are narrow... 31.6" tip to tip and only a 9" rise so not tall and 6.42" pull back. Curios on the wrist angle compared to the Yaffe's.

I purchased the Chiseled Lo handlebars- did not like them at all. They are like clip-ons, cafe style. Puts you into a tucked position, reaching forward. Not the position I want to be in when riding a touring bike. I took them back to the dealer and exchanged them for Factory 47, 14". I initially didn't want to go that high, but I was able to test them out on a salesmans bike at the dealership. Pretty happy with the F47 bars, but they are a bit wide. Going to run them for another six months or so, then maybe try the Yaffe OEM Monkey Bars.

abadley 01-08-2019 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Road Star (Post 17945660)
I purchased the Chiseled Lo handlebars- did not like them at all. They are like clip-ons, cafe style. Puts you into a tucked position, reaching forward. Not the position I want to be in when riding a touring bike. I took them back to the dealer and exchanged them for Factory 47, 14". I initially didn't want to go that high, but I was able to test them out on a salesmans bike at the dealership. Pretty happy with the F47 bars, but they are a bit wide. Going to run them for another six months or so, then maybe try the Yaffe OEM Monkey Bars.

Okay... thanks. I wonder how they compare in reach with the Yaffe 6" sport bar? It's to decide when you can't try them out. I know 10" is the max height on want to go.

Road Star 01-08-2019 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by abadley (Post 17945694)
Okay... thanks. I wonder how they compare in reach with the Yaffe 6" sport bar? It's to decide when you can't try them out. I know 10" is the max height on want to go.

I initially thought 10"would be the max for me too. After riding with the 14s I'm sure I would be ok with 12". My only gripe with the F47 14" is the width, just about two inches too wide for an ideal riding position. The wrist angle feels pretty good.

coopmonte 01-08-2019 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by abadley (Post 17945694)

Originally Posted by Road Star (Post 17945737)
I initially thought 10"would be the max for me too. After riding with the 14s I'm sure I would be ok with 12". My only gripe with the F47 14" is the width, just about two inches too wide for an ideal riding position. The wrist angle feels pretty good.

I initially thought 10' would be my max as well. Had the 10" Factory 47 bars, they were beautiful bars but just to wide for me and I rode with them for about ten months. Could not get over the width every time I made a turn it would annoy me. Went to 10 FXR bars and thought they were great until I sat on a friends bike with 12" bars. Got the 12" bars as they did not bother my shoulders, they are comfortable and I love the width but they are taller than I originally wanted to go. Saw this thread and wonder how the 6" would work out but then again I would start going wider again. I would definitely have to sit on a bike with these as I do not want to test another set of bars (on my third now, fourth if you include stock). The KST Outlaw is another I would like to try as well.

How wide are these tip to tip once all put together? I'm trying to stay at 34".