Sponsored by:

6" Yaffe Monkey Sport Bars for Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 09:30 AM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 482 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Star
These only come in one rise, right? Is the wrist angle better than stock?
anything would be better than the stock angle IMO

Old 01-07-2019, 10:05 AM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by yobtaf103
Flatter wrist angle, Yaffe Monkey bars also in 10" 12" 14" 16"
Check out the Vendor section on here, guy claims to have best prices on monkey bars
Any idea which vendor?

Old 01-08-2019, 12:35 AM
yobtaf103
Road Master
Received 274 Likes on 176 Posts

Any idea which vendor?
WanaRyd wheels

Old 01-08-2019, 05:42 AM
FLSTF
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by yobtaf103

Love mine, make it feel more direct & nimble plus good aero as hands tucked behind shark nose, will still need to sort ideal screen /seat combo to work with your body stature

Position of bars here is about as far forward as they go, on full lock left turn they just touch on right inner just below screen

Never been into the Apes thang
Love the look of those bars. Wish I had seen them before I got what I have now. I've never been an ape guy either but listened to friends' advice and tried them. Ended up with 14" KST Renegades, while they are ok I don't like them near as much as the Ballistic Relaxers I had on my 2012 FLTRX. They have similar specs to what you have.
http://ballisticcycles.com/shop/bc-r...14-and-current

Old 01-08-2019, 01:23 PM
yobtaf103
Road Master
Received 274 Likes on 176 Posts

Yeah looked at those similar trask & dirty bird hot rod bars, in the end cost & ease of purchase was a factor, as i'm in the UK

Old 01-08-2019, 05:31 PM
abadley
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Anyone have the HD Chizeled Lo Handlebar? I like that they are narrow... 31.6" tip to tip and only a 9" rise so not tall and 6.42" pull back. Curios on the wrist angle compared to the Yaffe's.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:47 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by abadley
Anyone have the HD Chizeled Lo Handlebar? I like that they are narrow... 31.6" tip to tip and only a 9" rise so not tall and 6.42" pull back. Curios on the wrist angle compared to the Yaffe's.
I purchased the Chiseled Lo handlebars- did not like them at all. They are like clip-ons, cafe style. Puts you into a tucked position, reaching forward. Not the position I want to be in when riding a touring bike. I took them back to the dealer and exchanged them for Factory 47, 14". I initially didn't want to go that high, but I was able to test them out on a salesmans bike at the dealership. Pretty happy with the F47 bars, but they are a bit wide. Going to run them for another six months or so, then maybe try the Yaffe OEM Monkey Bars.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:59 PM
abadley
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

I purchased the Chiseled Lo handlebars- did not like them at all. They are like clip-ons, cafe style. Puts you into a tucked position, reaching forward. Not the position I want to be in when riding a touring bike. I took them back to the dealer and exchanged them for Factory 47, 14". I initially didn't want to go that high, but I was able to test them out on a salesmans bike at the dealership. Pretty happy with the F47 bars, but they are a bit wide. Going to run them for another six months or so, then maybe try the Yaffe OEM Monkey Bars.
Okay... thanks. I wonder how they compare in reach with the Yaffe 6" sport bar? It's to decide when you can't try them out. I know 10" is the max height on want to go.

Old 01-08-2019, 06:13 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Okay... thanks. I wonder how they compare in reach with the Yaffe 6" sport bar? It's to decide when you can't try them out. I know 10" is the max height on want to go.
I initially thought 10"would be the max for me too. After riding with the 14s I'm sure I would be ok with 12". My only gripe with the F47 14" is the width, just about two inches too wide for an ideal riding position. The wrist angle feels pretty good.

The following users liked this post:
abadley (01-09-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 06:48 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain
Received 183 Likes on 134 Posts

I initially thought 10"would be the max for me too. After riding with the 14s I'm sure I would be ok with 12". My only gripe with the F47 14" is the width, just about two inches too wide for an ideal riding position. The wrist angle feels pretty good.
I initially thought 10' would be my max as well. Had the 10" Factory 47 bars, they were beautiful bars but just to wide for me and I rode with them for about ten months. Could not get over the width every time I made a turn it would annoy me. Went to 10 FXR bars and thought they were great until I sat on a friends bike with 12" bars. Got the 12" bars as they did not bother my shoulders, they are comfortable and I love the width but they are taller than I originally wanted to go. Saw this thread and wonder how the 6" would work out but then again I would start going wider again. I would definitely have to sit on a bike with these as I do not want to test another set of bars (on my third now, fourth if you include stock). The KST Outlaw is another I would like to try as well.

How wide are these tip to tip once all put together? I'm trying to stay at 34".

Quick Reply: 6" Yaffe Monkey Sport Bars for Road Glide