Sponsored by:

6" Yaffe Monkey Sport Bars for Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 09:07 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain
Received 183 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by VRADMAN
They measure 33 1/2". End of grip to end of grip.
Thank you, at 33.5" they would work out great. May have to give these a shot once I sell my 10" Factory 47 bars.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:17 AM
abadley
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Sat on a bike at my dealer with 12" Yaffe's and they were very comfortable and fit me well... still not sure that's the direction I want to go. Wish I could find a bike with the Yaffe sport bars to sit on.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:52 AM
FIT4DUTY
Intermediate
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

So the question is. Slightly leaned forward at 6" or slightly leaned back at 12". Maybe a 9" bar would be just right and put most riding straight up.

Even on my Touring bike, I don't like riding slightly leaned back. I prefer a slightly leaned forward ride position. The Monkey Sport Bars really only put you in a slightly leaned forward position. They are not drag bars or clip-ons, so you won't be laying over the tank.

The following users liked this post:
p.dargen (03-24-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 11:16 AM
bigcraig
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

The HD Chizled lo are perfect for me. I don't like being leaned back. I don't like the styling of "peaked" apes not matter who makes them.

Last edited by bigcraig; 01-12-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:57 PM
abadley
Road Captain

Originally Posted by gfunk67
So the question is. Slightly leaned forward at 6" or slightly leaned back at 12". Maybe a 9" bar would be just right and put most riding straight up.

Even on my Touring bike, I don't like riding slightly leaned back. I prefer a slightly leaned forward ride position. The Monkey Sport Bars really only put you in a slightly leaned forward position. They are not drag bars or clip-ons, so you won't be laying over the tank.
Yeah I've been comparing both of these pictures trying to decide! I'd like to try a 10" bar and see where that puts me.

Old 01-12-2019, 12:57 PM
abadley
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bigcraig

The HD Chizled lo are perfect for me. I don't like being leaned back. I don't like the styling of "peaked" apes not matter who makes them.

Sweet bike! Yeah the chizeled lo's are on my list as well. Do you have a side picture of you on the bike holding the bars for reference?

Old 01-12-2019, 10:53 PM
bigcraig
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by abadley
Sweet bike! Yeah the chizeled lo's are on my list as well. Do you have a side picture of you on the bike holding the bars for reference?
Sorry, I do not.

Every time someone tries to take a picture of me, their device breaks.

Old 01-12-2019, 11:03 PM
Bking2017
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great looking bike----you all should check out Klock Werks ( klip hanger bars) I put 12" kilp hanger bars on my 2017 Road King! Love them!!! Most comfortable bars I had in 25 years. Completely adjustable! Check them out -Brian Klock makes great stuff

Old 01-13-2019, 08:25 AM
abadley
Road Captain

Sorry, I do not.

Every time someone tries to take a picture of me, their device breaks.
hahaha... thanks!

Old 01-13-2019, 08:29 AM
abadley
Road Captain

Originally Posted by gfunk67

The more I look at these two pictures and the more I think of my riding position I think I would be happier with the 6" sport bars. I'd feel like I have more control of the bike versus leaning backwards. Thanks again for putting these two pictures together for an easy comparison between the two bars!

Quick Reply: 6" Yaffe Monkey Sport Bars for Road Glide