Sponsored by:

6" Yaffe Monkey Sport Bars for Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 03:36 PM
XXTHESANDMANXX
Cruiser
Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by VRADMAN
The new style connectors slide through the bars without having to remove the wire from the connector.
awesome, good to know I have been getting mixed opinions but being you have them on your bike I will take your advice , thanks ride safe

Old 03-24-2019, 08:47 PM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 482 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by XXTHESANDMANXX
anyone installed these themselves I am planning on installing them next weekend ,and would like to know if you have to remove the connectors to slide them throught the bar , I have the 2018 low rider , so I dont need to remove any fairings or have extra wiring to go through the bars ,also I will be relocating the signals to the forks so that another wire that I dont have to run through the bars ,
I did too, and no they fit through the bars

Old 03-26-2019, 10:25 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain
Received 183 Likes on 134 Posts

I installed the bars myself, the connectors fit through the bars no problem. Actually a very easy install; I installed Factory47 10" bars, FXR Division 12" bars and now Monkey drag bars. The Monkey drag bars are keepers as they feel great and handle great, no more shoulder pain since they are not very wide. Hands are completely protected from wind, which is great when riding in the cold.

Last edited by coopmonte; 03-26-2019 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:07 AM
abadley
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

[QUOTE=coopmonte;18136583]I installed the bars myself, the connectors fit through the bars no problem. Actually a very easy install; I installed Factory47 10" bars, FXR Division 12" bars and now Monkey drag bars. The Monkey drag bars are keepers as they feel great and handle great, no more shoulder pain since they are not very wide. Hands are completely protected from wind, which is great when riding in the cold.

[/QUOT

Bars look great! I think I'm pretty much sold on those. Thanks for posting pics!

E]

Old 03-27-2019, 05:03 PM
XXTHESANDMANXX
Cruiser
Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by coopmonte
I installed the bars myself, the connectors fit through the bars no problem. Actually a very easy install; I installed Factory47 10" bars, FXR Division 12" bars and now Monkey drag bars. The Monkey drag bars are keepers as they feel great and handle great, no more shoulder pain since they are not very wide. Hands are completely protected from wind, which is great when riding in the cold.

that CVO is sweet,a buddie of mine has the same one ,pictures dont to it justice , gonna take Friday off , cough cough , getting a cold so im calling in sick to work on my bike so I can ride sat ,its gonna be 70 here in ny , looking forward to tackling these handlebars now that I dont have to remove the connectors

Old 04-18-2019, 06:48 AM
89Speedy
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Beyoootiful bike! What seat are you running in the second pic?

Old 04-19-2019, 07:22 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain
Received 183 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by 89Speedy
Beyoootiful bike! What seat are you running in the second pic?
If the question was referring to me, it is the same stock seat in both pictures. 2019 stock CVO RG seat with red stitching.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:10 AM
VRADMAN
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Corbin, assuming you mean this seat.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:52 AM
NCmtnsrider
Advanced
Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Finished getting the bars installed and adjusted this morning before the monsoon rains showed up. Had to clear the codes for disconnecting the gage cluster but all is good. Cables are all tucked in and just have to refit my crg bar end mirror on the left grip internally. I didn't care for the mirrors with stock bars and I'm using the CRG flip out lane splitter which shows both behind and the left hand side of the road. Of course I may have gained 2 mph for that mod....hahahaha. Thanks to Mikes300 and VRADMAN for helping with my questions. I'll get some pics posted tomorrow when it's dry but its definitely something I should have installed when they first came out.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:57 AM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 482 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by NCmtnsrider
Finished getting the bars installed and adjusted this morning before the monsoon rains showed up. Had to clear the codes for disconnecting the gage cluster but all is good. Cables are all tucked in and just have to refit my crg bar end mirror on the left grip internally. I didn't care for the mirrors with stock bars and I'm using the CRG flip out lane splitter which shows both behind and the left hand side of the road. Of course I may have gained 2 mph for that mod....hahahaha. Thanks to Mikes300 and VRADMAN for helping with my questions. I'll get some pics posted tomorrow when it's dry but its definitely something I should have installed when they first came out.
wait until you ride it, it feels like a completely different bike, so much nicer

Quick Reply: 6" Yaffe Monkey Sport Bars for Road Glide