Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Milwaukee Eight (M8) (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8-198/)
-   -   Clutch recall....now includes brake fluid flush? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8/1266349-clutch-recall-now-includes-brake-fluid-flush.html)

canuck_flhtk 01-04-2019 03:41 PM

Clutch recall....now includes brake fluid flush?

Just left the dealer. Bike is in for clutch recall and I planned to have other things done. Told service adviser I wanted a 2 year brake fluid flush as well. She tells me that it is part of the recall. I attempt to correct her saying I know the dot4 flush is part of the clutch recall, I am referring to the brake fluid. She understands what I am saying and says that the recall now includes flushing ALL dot4 fluids. Not dumb enough to debate a free brake fluid flush but I follow the forum fairly closely and don't recall this amendment to the recall ever coming up. Has anyone heard of this?

aviscomi 01-04-2019 04:01 PM

Make sure you're not billed for that

barneyboy 01-04-2019 04:32 PM

What dealer? I want to get in line.

mjwebb 01-04-2019 04:48 PM

They did my blinker fluid as well

canuck_flhtk 01-04-2019 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by barneyboy (Post 17936140)
What dealer? I want to get in line.

it's a bit of a ride for you barneyboy. I'll share the name because I have nothing but good things to say about them. Policaro HD in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. Was skeptical because they are a new dealership and part of a much larger, high-end automotive dealership conglomerate. Their mechanics are actually mechanics having satisfied provincial (read state) requirements for 6,000 hours apprenticeship training, 5.500 hours on the job training, and 480 hours in class training with a final exam required before they earn their journeyman certificates. Then they also have this strange thing called "customer service" that I haven't experienced at other dealerships. Can't figure that last part out but it keeps pulling me back to the dealership to buy things.

barneyboy 01-04-2019 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by canuck_flhtk (Post 17936223)
it's a bit of a ride for you barneyboy. I'll share the name because I have nothing but good things to say about them. Policaro HD in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. Was skeptical because they are a new dealership and part of a much larger, high-end automotive dealership conglomerate. Their mechanics are actually mechanics having satisfied provincial (read state) requirements for 6,000 hours apprenticeship training, 5.500 hours on the job training, and 480 hours in class training with a final exam required before they earn their journeyman certificates. Then they also have this strange thing called "customer service" that I haven't experienced at other dealerships. Can't figure that last part out but it keeps pulling me back to the dealership to buy things.

Looks to be about 750 miles, might be worth the trip. At the current rate, my dealer is looking to get me in around July/August (about 300 ahead of me).

Cazador 01-04-2019 05:51 PM

I would be sure to check the service invoice to make sure that the "Brake" flush was done. You want to make sure that the brake fluid is changed. Sure don't want them locked up at an inopportune time.

sixguns 01-04-2019 06:17 PM

Thank goodness My dealer did not do a brake flush when my recall was done, its one less thing they can screw up.

SWThomas 01-05-2019 09:34 AM

Your service rep is wrong. But good for you. I had my brakes flushed with the recall and paid for it.

smitty901 01-05-2019 03:12 PM

You are getting some bad information on the brake flush being part of the recall . Please read it. I have had the clutch recall done for some time now. I was having no issues before nor any after. The brakes had just been done in Oct anyway when the sidecar was mounted anyway.
They do replace the fluid in the clutch with the new Platinum fluid.
Half a life time with the same dealer they never screwed anything up , nor screwed me or said tel all do it Not once.