Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did a few things this weekend...

Old 01-07-2019, 08:56 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,507 Likes on 2,132 Posts
Default Did a few things this weekend...

To my 2019 Road King Special.

Never liked the two puny run/brake/turn sigs - insufficient light in my opinion, even with the extra bright custom dynamics LED inserts. I looked at a few solutions, and decided on a pair of Ciro Filler Panel lights (#40023). They were incredibly easy to install, simple 3M VHB tape, some wire ties to tidy cables, and a plug and play controller. They look great and add a lot more visibility to the rears. Act as red run/brake lights, and signal in amber. Pretty cool. I also did my stage one, using rinehart slip one, and a HD heavy breather AC and installed a set of KST outlaw 12" bars on which I put an old power vision I had from a previous bike (you can use them on any bike even if married to another ECM - can't tune with it, which I don't need since I have my warranty friendly SEPST), set up as gauges - which is great having speed, tach, engine temp and battery voltage all without having to look down at the tank. Excellent addition.

Damn midnight blue doesn't photo too well unfortunately! Haven't gotten to ride the Stage 1 mods yet, due to uncooperative weather, but I will this week for sure. The slip one sound great, not too loud due to the cat in the head pipe, but a nice rumble and volume increase. Pretty happy.

The following users liked this post:
Ciro3d (01-14-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 02:44 AM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

Looks good. Any extra lighting is always good. You can get a license for your Power Vision and tune your bike for only $199. You increased your air intake and freed your exhaust up, unless you get in tuned your **** will run more lean than it should. Warranty is another issue but I’m not sure they’ll warranty that under those conditions either.

Old 01-08-2019, 03:09 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by CSMHOG
Looks good. Any extra lighting is always good. You can get a license for your Power Vision and tune your bike for only $199. You increased your air intake and freed your exhaust up, unless you get in tuned your **** will run more lean than it should. Warranty is another issue but I’m not sure they’ll warranty that under those conditions either.
Thanks. Yes, I know about the licensing, and that will definitely happen once my warranty is expired. Until then, I have the SE tuner which I used for the factory stage 1 tune. I know it’s leaner then I’d like but I don’t want to jeopardize my warranty.

Old 01-08-2019, 03:44 AM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Thanks. Yes, I know about the licensing, and that will definitely happen once my warranty is expired. Until then, I have the SE tuner which I used for the factory stage 1 tune. I know it’s leaner then I’d like but I don’t want to jeopardize my warranty.
Awesome. I noticed the asterisks in my earlier post ... what the heck was that about? All I typed was bike. Weird.

Old 01-08-2019, 04:48 AM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,717 Likes on 890 Posts

Never seen someone with a garage so big they needed parking stripes!?

Bike looks good.

Old 01-08-2019, 06:05 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by CSMHOG

Awesome. I noticed the asterisks in my earlier post ... what the heck was that about? All I typed was bike. Weird.
Somehow the site thought that was a profanity I guess. Excellent forum software internet brands has there...

Originally Posted by Dan D.
Never seen someone with a garage so big they needed parking stripes!?

Bike looks good.
Yes, I have 55 cars in that garage, and another 70 parked outside. Goes along with the 12 floors and 110 apartments...

The following users liked this post:
lp (01-09-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 08:11 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

That thing is beast Chad.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:44 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by badcooky
That thing is beast Chad.
Thanks mate. I'm putting on the aux light kit and flush mount gauge/fuel cap tomorrow, as its been about 20deg here the past couple of days and they've sprayed that brine **** on all the roads, so everything has a lovely coating of white salt dust. No riding for me now until the next rain unfortunately.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:52 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Custom dynamics magic strobe for the rear lights is awesome! Very much an attention getter with 10 different flash patterns, greatly increases visibility on the rear. Bike looks sharp by the way!

Old 01-11-2019, 08:57 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by Quik
Custom dynamics magic strobe for the rear lights is awesome! Very much an attention getter with 10 different flash patterns, greatly increases visibility on the rear. Bike looks sharp by the way!
Thanks. I was never a big fan of the brake flashers, so I'll stick with just increasing the brightness. But the flashers definitely do call attention!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Did a few things this weekend...