Third gear gone,2018 RKS - Page 7 - Harley Davidson Forums

Notices
Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion

Third gear gone,2018 RKS

  #61  
Old 01-12-2019, 08:38 PM
psoff's Avatar
psoff
psoff is offline
One Of The Regulars
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 142
Thanked 28 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by redtwin View Post
yes i will you know how they turn out as soon as you let us know when you have a bike.ha ha wanna be mate lol
And if he dont show the sales paperwork for the bike then it's obviously not true.
 
  #62  
Old 01-12-2019, 08:45 PM
badcooky's Avatar
badcooky
badcooky is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Location location.
Posts: 3,108
Thanked 453 Times in 357 Posts
Default

I already have shown the paperwork , try and keep up .
Go back over my posts there's pictures and receipts seriously the Dunning Kruger effect in action.
You guys are too funny , liars are triers ha ha ha.
 
  #63  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:15 AM
redtwin's Avatar
redtwin
redtwin is offline
One Of The Regulars
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fort Myers,FL
Posts: 106
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

nope couldnt find it mate,but I did find a lot of BS though
 
  #64  
Old 01-13-2019, 07:15 AM
skid_pimp's Avatar
skid_pimp
skid_pimp is online now
Road Warrior
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 1,428
Thanked 196 Times in 160 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by badcooky View Post
This post was started by a guy who said there were now 5 bikes in for gearbox trouble at his local dealership, I called him out on it so he backtracked and lied his way out of it.
So to me it's a nothing thread it has no value it was another post belittling the bikes this particular forum is concerned about.From a guy who supposedly owns one hmm.
The OP is then helped out by a guy who lied about how his bike broke down and that he had warranty on a bike with an Aftermarket tuner,[email protected] quickee pushrods, cam and plate installed in it.
Funny how the techs wouldn't notice those parts and the tuner footprint right actually hilarious BS .The cam plate is a big shiny blue thing from [email protected],quikee pushrods aren't solids.
Details here https://www.hdforums.com/forum/searc...rchid=45544150 , It's all just BS .
So call me what you like I'm not one of the guys lying here , I'm the guy with the moral high ground for once please please let me have that ha ha ha.
So I reiterate a thread started with lies, supported by liars has no value to me.
I don't have a dog in this fight, nor do I care to get into a pissing contest.

But I would like to point out that uncommon problems such as this happen, and they are typically from a defect in one of a million possible manufacturing process. It could be from the parent company or one of their million subcontracting suppliers. Although when a bad batch of whatever is manufactured either from human error or process error, it is often manufactured in an entire batch or a % of a batch. That batch is typically used in sequence during the manufacturing process, so it is not at all unheard of for groups of the affected parts to end up at dealers, or possibly within regions, while other areas are not affected at all. It all depends on how large of a batch was affected, and if or when the problem was realized, if it was a process error (read usually higher percentage of parts involved if not all), or if it was human error (read which could be a one off failure, an occasional failure, all the way to a consistent failure). It also depends on what kind of quality control is being utilized, because certain errors, such as this would not be visually detectable, and often quality control checks, such as this would or could render the part unusable following the check, so it of course can only be conducted on a % of parts produced.

Just my $0.02.
 
The Following User Says Thank You to skid_pimp For This Useful Post:
redtwin (01-13-2019)
  #65  
Old 01-13-2019, 10:07 AM
psoff's Avatar
psoff
psoff is offline
One Of The Regulars
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 142
Thanked 28 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by skid_pimp View Post
I don't have a dog in this fight, nor do I care to get into a pissing contest.

But I would like to point out that uncommon problems such as this happen, and they are typically from a defect in one of a million possible manufacturing process. It could be from the parent company or one of their million subcontracting suppliers. Although when a bad batch of whatever is manufactured either from human error or process error, it is often manufactured in an entire batch or a % of a batch. That batch is typically used in sequence during the manufacturing process, so it is not at all unheard of for groups of the affected parts to end up at dealers, or possibly within regions, while other areas are not affected at all. It all depends on how large of a batch was affected, and if or when the problem was realized, if it was a process error (read usually higher percentage of parts involved if not all), or if it was human error (read which could be a one off failure, an occasional failure, all the way to a consistent failure). It also depends on what kind of quality control is being utilized, because certain errors, such as this would not be visually detectable, and often quality control checks, such as this would or could render the part unusable following the check, so it of course can only be conducted on a % of parts produced.

Just my $0.02.
spot on....You sir sound like a a man with a long Manufacturing background. :-) May I ask where your history is from? I come with 24 years of Design Engineering experience...all with Tier 1 Automotive suppliers. (ITT Industries, Cooper Standard, & Delphi)
 
  #66  
Old 01-13-2019, 10:48 AM
skid_pimp's Avatar
skid_pimp
skid_pimp is online now
Road Warrior
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 1,428
Thanked 196 Times in 160 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by psoff View Post
spot on....You sir sound like a a man with a long Manufacturing background. :-) May I ask where your history is from? I come with 24 years of Design Engineering experience...all with Tier 1 Automotive suppliers. (ITT Industries, Cooper Standard, & Delphi)
I grew up in the modification, customization and fabrication world. I was raised around race cars, and race teams, and have gears running through my veins. Then life changed and I've spent the last 24 Years in the military, in Army Aviation. I no longer manufacture things on a regular basis other than for myself or my friends. But I do work in a field that requires very strict Quality Control in both maintenance as well as manufacturing processes. That is one of the main reasons that Aviation parts cost so much, as the require a far higher percentage of parts to be tested for quality control, from each and every batch produced.
 
  #67  
Old 01-13-2019, 11:01 AM
NORTY FLATZ's Avatar
NORTY FLATZ
NORTY FLATZ is online now
Ultimate HDF Member
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: CARLSBAD CA
Posts: 8,976
Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,031 Posts
Default

Maybe the OP optioned the "Gear Shredder" and not the tire shredder?

FWIW, I've hammered 5th gear (sheared the dogs on the mainshaft gear.) On my 1974 250 CZ, and
On my 1981 YZ465H I lost 2nd gear (both main & countershaft.)
Both as a result of clutchless shifting WFO. (Both during AMA sanctioned races.)
I use the clutch on my Harley's, and don't try to "race" them.
 
  #68  
Old 01-13-2019, 05:12 PM
oleboy
oleboy is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 760
Thanked 109 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by badcooky View Post
I already have shown the paperwork , try and keep up .
Go back over my posts there's pictures and receipts seriously the Dunning Kruger effect in action.
You guys are too funny , liars are triers ha ha ha.
Post that snazzy credit turn down frown picture. That was priceless.
 
The Following User Says Thank You to oleboy For This Useful Post:
redtwin (01-13-2019)
  #69  
Old 01-13-2019, 05:14 PM
oleboy
oleboy is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 760
Thanked 109 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by badcooky View Post
A mate has an 06 FXDWG and has just done 5th gear again he is taking it apart this weekend.
Liar.
 
The Following User Says Thank You to oleboy For This Useful Post:
redtwin (01-13-2019)
  #70  
Old 01-13-2019, 05:28 PM
oleboy
oleboy is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 760
Thanked 109 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by badcooky View Post
Let us know how those 4 other bikes go mate ha ha !
Get 'em babblecookie......
 
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oleboy For This Useful Post:
psoff (01-14-2019), VDeuce (Today)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: