Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a powervision , do I NEED a TTS??

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 05:50 AM
Johnyboy05
Cruiser
Received 67 Likes on 27 Posts
Default I have a powervision , do I NEED a TTS??

Putting my order in for woods 777 cams , SE oushrods , getting my bassani 2 into 1 and fuel moto intake today. Was going to order a TTS but forgot to ask if running my powervision is acceptable.

from my understanding, TTS is the best and considering I've flip flipped and finally went with the parts i really want to put in , will there be a significant power/difference running the TTS over my powervision ? I mean, it'll save me something like 300-350 if I just buy another license for my powervision rather than buy a TTS.

Thanks !

Old 01-10-2019, 05:55 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

If you can use the same license you have then no, the TTS will be no great benefit. TTS is a good tuner as is the Power Vision but no need to spend money if not needed. PV will tune it just fine. However, if you had the TTS tuner I'd tell you the same thing if you asked about the PV.

Old 01-10-2019, 05:56 AM
Johnyboy05
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
If you can use the same license you have then no, the TTS will be no great benefit. TTS is a good tuner as is the Power Vision but no need to spend money if not needed. PV will tune it just fine. However, if you had the TTS tuner I'd tell you the same thing if you asked about the PV.
was hoping for an answer like this lol. I had no idea the TTS was a license tuner , thought it was one and done

Old 01-10-2019, 06:51 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,594 Likes on 5,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnyboy05
Putting my order in for woods 777 cams , SE oushrods , getting my bassani 2 into 1 and fuel moto intake today. Was going to order a TTS but forgot to ask if running my powervision is acceptable.

from my understanding, TTS is the best and considering I've flip flipped and finally went with the parts i really want to put in , will there be a significant power/difference running the TTS over my powervision ? I mean, it'll save me something like 300-350 if I just buy another license for my powervision rather than buy a TTS.

Thanks !
Getting your parts from Fuel Moto . Email them with your order numer and the Information on your bike what has been done what you are going to do. They will supply you with a great map based on that . And they will do it free. Keep a copy of that map. Then load it. Run auto tune a few time on it . Enjoy. Fuel Moto has outstanding support for Power vision. Save your cash.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:57 AM
Firebolter
Tourer
Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty901
Getting your parts from Fuel Moto . Email them with your order numer and the Information on your bike what has been done what you are going to do. They will supply you with a great map based on that . And they will do it free.
And keep that order number because map support, when you buy your parts/tuner from FM is for LIFE. So down the road, you change this or that, you can still get map support.

The following users liked this post:
smitty901 (01-10-2019)
Old 01-10-2019, 08:04 AM
Johnyboy05
Cruiser

If I was only doing stage 1 , I'd definitely run a basic map tune. That was another factor in not running Harley tuners/auto tune, for something like cams I wouldn't feel comfortable not doing a dyno tune thanks for the info tho!

Old 01-10-2019, 08:17 AM
Johnyboy05
Cruiser

Well I won't get the dealer backed warranty without a TTS. They won't warranty with a powervision why- I have no idea .

so what that being said , I have a powervision for sale now if anyone is interested lol

Old 01-10-2019, 10:15 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,594 Likes on 5,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnyboy05
Well I won't get the dealer backed warranty without a TTS. They won't warranty with a powervision why- I have no idea .

so what that being said , I have a powervision for sale now if anyone is interested lol
Find a new dealer you are about to get hosed.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:57 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Zero reason to buy a different tuner. Use the Power Vision you already have, we will supply a base tune for your combination to get you started.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-10-2019, 10:59 AM
Johnyboy05
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Zero reason to buy a different tuner. Use the Power Vision you already have, we will supply a base tune for your combination to get you started.
I won't get a dealer backed warranty if I don't use the TTS unfortunately.

Quick Reply: I have a powervision , do I NEED a TTS??