Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a powervision , do I NEED a TTS??

Old 01-10-2019, 11:01 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnyboy05
I won't get a dealer backed warranty if I don't use the TTS unfortunately.
Your dealer will warranty one aftermarket tuner but not another?

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-10-2019, 11:02 AM
Johnyboy05
Cruiser
Received 67 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Your dealer will warranty one aftermarket tuner but not another?
Apparently, I know , it's weird. Manager wasn't available to explain why.

Old 01-10-2019, 11:08 AM
Johnyboy05
Cruiser

Just got off the phone , they will not warranty any tuner besides TTS . Almost sounds like simply because it's their preference and what they know works best but that's speculation . Definitely sucks

Old 01-10-2019, 07:07 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,375 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Just got off the phone , they will not warranty any tuner besides TTS . Almost sounds like simply because it's their preference and what they know works best but that's speculation . Definitely sucks

That would be a huge red flag to me.......!

Any competent tuner/shop should be able to use both a TTS or PV, to tune a bike. There is no practical reason to require a PV over a TTS, or vice versa, unless you have a limited tuning skill set. Certainly, a tuner will have their preference... but to attach a warranty to the use of a specific tuner, sure sounds like a marketing ploy or an inexperienced tuner...

FWIW..... I'd take my business elsewhere......

Old 01-10-2019, 07:28 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain
Received 183 Likes on 134 Posts

Well I won't get the dealer backed warranty without a TTS. They won't warranty with a powervision why- I have no idea .

so what that being said , I have a powervision for sale now if anyone is interested lol
My suspicion is they know with the TTS you can revert the bikes ECM and date stamp to stock and not leave a trace of tuning; while the PV will leave a trace. Maybe their way to fool the mothership and cover your bike under warrantee. Could be wrong but that is what it sounds like to me.

Old 01-11-2019, 12:04 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,731 Likes on 927 Posts

You can get one on Ebay for $321. Doesn't come with the cable though, but your dealer may have that. You could also call directcycleparts.com. If you call them they will usually give you a discounted price.

Old 01-11-2019, 03:15 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,470 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
That would be a huge red flag to me.......!

Any competent tuner/shop should be able to use both a TTS or PV, to tune a bike. There is no practical reason to require a PV over a TTS, or vice versa, unless you have a limited tuning skill set. Certainly, a tuner will have their preference... but to attach a warranty to the use of a specific tuner, sure sounds like a marketing ploy or an inexperienced tuner...

FWIW..... I'd take my business elsewhere......
For what its worth, a local dealer....very nice guys......never paid for their tuner and technicians to get certified on using the PV tuner. They could tune with a TTS and SE of course.

Originally Posted by coopmonte
My suspicion is they know with the TTS you can revert the bikes ECM and date stamp to stock and not leave a trace of tuning; while the PV will leave a trace. Maybe their way to fool the mothership and cover your bike under warrantee. Could be wrong but that is what it sounds like to me.
There have been MANY threads discussing whether ANY tuner leaves a trace. Do you know for certain the TTS doesnt leave a counter or trace at all?

Last edited by teedoff65; 01-11-2019 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:27 PM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

Putting my order in for woods 777 cams , SE oushrods , getting my bassani 2 into 1 and fuel moto intake today. Was going to order a TTS but forgot to ask if running my powervision is acceptable.

from my understanding, TTS is the best and considering I've flip flipped and finally went with the parts i really want to put in , will there be a significant power/difference running the TTS over my powervision ? I mean, it'll save me something like 300-350 if I just buy another license for my powervision rather than buy a TTS.

Thanks !
Have you already married the Powevision to your bike’s ECM? If so, use it!!! It is a flash tuner just like the TTS. Both have virtually the same functionality with their respective softwares. The dealer is trying to sell you something you don’t need, and they apparently don’t know how to use it. That’s the two reasons why they won’t warranty it. Why would you pay more for something else that you already have.

Old 01-12-2019, 11:48 AM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,731 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by RK14SGS

Have you already married the Powevision to your bike’s ECM? If so, use it!!! It is a flash tuner just like the TTS. Both have virtually the same functionality with their respective softwares. The dealer is trying to sell you something you don’t need, and they apparently don’t know how to use it. That’s the two reasons why they won’t warranty it. Why would you pay more for something else that you already have.
He has stated that he has to get it wiped to use it on the new bike which I think costs $200. He isn’t that far from the cost of the TTS above that. I have talked to tuners that said there’s some things that they like better about the TTS over the PV.

Old 01-12-2019, 06:02 PM
Johnyboy05
Cruiser

^^exactly and regardless, I'm dropping it off Wednesday lolol. It is what It is , I want some form of a warranty and have to obide by what they want. I'd prefer a TTS , was just trying to save money in all reality

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I have a powervision , do I NEED a TTS??