Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fullsac OEM Muffler/Baffle - Anyone cut their stock mufflers up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 06:54 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts
Default Fullsac OEM Muffler/Baffle - Anyone cut their stock mufflers up?

Wondering if anyone here has done this? I know someone posted about the CVO mufflers, but I wanted to see if anyone has done this baffle kit to their stock non-CVO mufflers.
Also wondering what the stock baffles look like.

Old 01-13-2019, 07:12 PM
abadley
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Star
Wondering if anyone here has done this? I know someone posted about the CVO mufflers, but I wanted to see if anyone has done this baffle kit to their stock non-CVO mufflers.
Also wondering what the stock baffles look like.
Yes... my dealer did my stock OEM non CVO mufflers with 2.0" fullsac baffles. Sounded good but not deep enough for me so I swapped them out with Magnaflow Hitmans. I may sell them if your interested.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:26 PM
pittz5
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Stonecold did this to his stock mufflers. Look him up.

Old 01-14-2019, 07:19 AM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,736 Likes on 930 Posts

Originally Posted by pittz5
Stonecold did this to his stock mufflers. Look him up.
I did do that, works fine and gives you an exhaust that performs well. If I had known Fullsac will take your stock mufflers and remove the stock baffles, replacing them with their baffles of your choice (2” or 2.25”) for the same price I would have gone that route. Had I done that those mufflers would probably still be on my bike. When you do the cutting and installation you have to remove the packing in the mufflers that mellow the sound where when Fullsac does it for you the packing remains. Yes there’s shipping involved, but if you order the baffles you pay shipping also, so it’s not that much more.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:32 AM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

You can order the Perf Sleeve kit which is a round screen that slides over the baffle and holds the packing to the outside of the muffler.The only downside is the cost of $99.00 for this kit.You could make your own if you could find the correct size mesh screen to hold the packing and use some of the original packing also.

Old 01-14-2019, 09:01 AM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Ok. Thanks everyone.

Old 01-14-2019, 11:57 AM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,736 Likes on 930 Posts

Originally Posted by GTK
You can order the Perf Sleeve kit which is a round screen that slides over the baffle and holds the packing to the outside of the muffler.The only downside is the cost of $99.00 for this kit.You could make your own if you could find the correct size mesh screen to hold the packing and use some of the original packing also.
If you are talking about the TechMat sleeve that Fullsac offers, that is only for the CVO mufflers. I think it is because of the way the baffles are made for the stock non-CVO mufflers. I asked Steve about this when he was doing the dyno work on my 2015 and said the TechMats wouldn't work in the stock mufflers. That is also when he suggested just sending the mufflers to him and letting him install the baffles retaining the stock look and the stock packing. If you don't like the look of the stock mufflers then I don't know what to tell you. I have considered seeing if he will replace the baffles in my DNT's. That would be sweet!

Old 01-14-2019, 12:01 PM
fishtale
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I've used Fullsac baffles on my last 3 bikes and I loved the sound and performance I got out of them. The stock baffle in the OEM mufflers is just the little cone at the end and the Fullsac baffle is the full length of the muffler. I think they look good and easy to do

Old 01-14-2019, 12:08 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Does the Fullsac baffle make it sound deeper? Or just a little bit louder?

Old 01-15-2019, 03:46 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by $tonecold
When you do the cutting and installation you have to remove the packing in the mufflers that mellow the sound where when Fullsac does it for you the packing remains.
Are you saying they leave the packing in the muffler when they install the new baffle? But when you do it yourself, you remove the packing?

Quick Reply: Fullsac OEM Muffler/Baffle - Anyone cut their stock mufflers up?