Sponsored by:

New Boom! Audio GTS software available.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 01:39 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by RinTin
Oh, so now the radio will work as it's suppose to? Guess I should apologize. After 4 years of countless updates, I have 100% confidence this update will do it.

Take out the radio you obviously are not happy with, replace with the radio of your choice, end your crying and whining. Seems like an easy fix.

The following users liked this post:
bradsULtd (01-21-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 01:41 PM
RinTin
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by bradsULtd
If you'd take the time to look at HD site, instead of complaining/ criticizing HD, you would see updates came out at the same time for ALL the Boom systems...
Let me ask you this. If you bought a 50k Audi A6, which currently comes with a similar radio if not better, how many updates do you think you'd have to do to it over the next 4 years? Let's twist that around, after purchase, how quickly would you have to bring it to a dealer for the next update? The answer to both is none and never. Because they don't put **** out before it's ready just to get it to market. The M8 engine, clutch, tranny are no different. They all were pushed to Market because HD counts on everyone's loyalty to forgive them for their poor quality. Sorry, after 2 CVO M8 back to back both having poor quality, they don't get my forgiveness.

Old 01-21-2019, 01:44 PM
RinTin
Tourer

Originally Posted by craigffb
Take out the radio you obviously are not happy with, replace with the radio of your choice, end your crying and whining. Seems like an easy fix.
This would be easy to do, if I hadn't already dumped 2 grand to upgrade my CVO Limited to boom Stage II which it should have come with originally. Which by the way was a complete waste of money. I'd gladly pull the radio, speakers and amps then hand it to them if they gave me my 2 grand back.

Old 01-21-2019, 01:50 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Let me ask you this. If you bought a 50k Audi A6, which currently comes with a similar radio if not better, how many updates do you think you'd have to do to it over the next 4 years? Let's twist that around, after purchase, how quickly would you have to bring it to a dealer for the next update? The answer to both is none and never. Because they don't put **** out before it's ready just to get it to market. The M8 engine, clutch, tranny are no different. They all were pushed to Market because HD counts on everyone's loyalty to forgive them for their poor quality. Sorry, after 2 CVO M8 back to back both having poor quality, they don't get my forgiveness.
If you weren't happy with the first one, why did you get the second? None of your arguments are holding much weight. If your not happy with the product don't spend your money on it. That will show them you're serious.

Last edited by craigffb; 01-21-2019 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:50 PM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 484 Likes on 347 Posts

Suit yourself...agree to disagree....I have the 6.5 inch Boom in my 15 LTD and it works fine even after all the updates....

Old 01-21-2019, 01:59 PM
RinTin
Tourer

Originally Posted by bradsULtd
Suit yourself...agree to disagree....I have the 6.5 inch Boom in my 15 LTD and it works fine even after all the updates....
I don't have to agree to disagree with you. You are totally entitled to you opinion. When it comes to Harley's and radio's, some people don't even turn them on. Some just like the weather. Some want to rock out some tunes. Some folks loud, some not so loud.

For a 44K bike that you have to put 2 grand more into to make it perform at it's peak, the radio is a piece of crap. How did I get fooled. Listen to the radio with the bike running and not. They cut the bass once you start the bike. Sounds great in the show room, not so great when you ride it.

Again, if you don't care, that's up to you. I do care. Just like I care about all the other crap that has gone wrong with my two CVO M8s.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:35 PM
RinTin
Tourer

If you weren't happy with the first one, why did you get the second? None of your arguments are holding much weight. If your not happy with the product don't spend your money on it. That will show them you're serious.
Maybe my argument doesn't hold much weight to the ignorant, but if you read the forums and know how many 2017 are prone to sump, you might see why many, not just me, took a leap of faith that HD would get it right in the second year production. Backing up, I bought the 2017 thinking this was the next generation of motors for HD. Know engines as I do, it all made sense. What I didn't know is that in my first 3000 miles my bike would be in the shop for 2 weeks waiting to get service for the tranny transfer problem. They finally got time to put it on the lift,but guess what, HD tech services told them to empty all the fluids and refill and comes back every 1000 miles. Ok, fine. Then before I could even get to the 1000 mile mark, my bike sumped. Bike sat again for 2 weeks waiting it's turn to get check out. Dealer couldn't find anything so I got the bike back and was told to ride. So less than 2 weeks later it sumped again. This time I bought it to the dealer HOT. They found well over a quart when they pulled the CPS. But guess what, it had to sit again two weeks to get lift time as HD tech support wasn't satisfied. They had a whole grand list of things to check out. Well after wasting another 2 weeks, they tore down the motor only to find it was all tore up so they ordered a motor. One would think this would all happen fast but it doesn't. Total down time for 2017 was just about 2 months of the bike being in the shop. Would you like me to continue why I tried to get out from underneath this POS? Why I might try a 2018 thinking maybe they fixed the issue?

Old 01-21-2019, 02:44 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Maybe my argument doesn't hold much weight to the ignorant, but if you read the forums and know how many 2017 are prone to sump, you might see why many, not just me, took a leap of faith that HD would get it right in the second year production. Backing up, I bought the 2017 thinking this was the next generation of motors for HD. Know engines as I do, it all made sense. What I didn't know is that in my first 3000 miles my bike would be in the shop for 2 weeks waiting to get service for the tranny transfer problem. They finally got time to put it on the lift,but guess what, HD tech services told them to empty all the fluids and refill and comes back every 1000 miles. Ok, fine. Then before I could even get to the 1000 mile mark, my bike sumped. Bike sat again for 2 weeks waiting it's turn to get check out. Dealer couldn't find anything so I got the bike back and was told to ride. So less than 2 weeks later it sumped again. This time I bought it to the dealer HOT. They found well over a quart when they pulled the CPS. But guess what, it had to sit again two weeks to get lift time as HD tech support wasn't satisfied. They had a whole grand list of things to check out. Well after wasting another 2 weeks, they tore down the motor only to find it was all tore up so they ordered a motor. One would think this would all happen fast but it doesn't. Total down time for 2017 was just about 2 months of the bike being in the shop. Would you like me to continue why I tried to get out from underneath this POS? Why I might try a 2018 thinking maybe they fixed the issue?

Old 01-21-2019, 02:59 PM
RinTin
Tourer

There are many on here that know my story is far from false. I do like the picture though, thanks.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:34 PM
rmc115
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry but sadly mistaken, I am a master Audi tech and do software updates all the time to fix quirky stuff that you never know exists till it gets in the field. Sometimes they get updates while they are on the lot (new) and sometimes updates happen quietly while in for service. Mike

Last edited by rmc115; 01-21-2019 at 07:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by rmc115:
bradsULtd (01-22-2019), CSMHOG (01-21-2019)

Quick Reply: New Boom! Audio GTS software available.