Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Milwaukee Eight (M8) (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8-198/)
-   -   New Boom! Audio GTS software available. (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8/1268161-new-boom-audio-gts-software-available.html)

Uberjason 01-20-2019 10:26 AM

New Boom! Audio GTS software available.

Released on Jan. 17, 2019
BOOM!™ BOX GTS
Version: MY19.19.02.01 | JAN 17, 2019

• Enable new P&A headset compatibility
• Wireless Headset menu not showing up in Setup menu intermittently.
• Wireless Headset not detected after manually cancelling headset pairing pop-up.
• Delay in Wireless Headset volume control.
• Wireless Headset Icon not showing up intermittently.
• Various bugs and fixes
Get it here.

RinTin 01-20-2019 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Uberjason (Post 17973271)
Released on Jan. 17, 2019
BOOM!™ BOX GTS
Version: MY19.19.02.01 | JAN 17, 2019

• Wireless Headset not detected after manually cancelling headset pairing pop-up.
• Wireless Headset Icon not showing up intermittently.
• Various bugs and fixes
Get it here.

Isn't this radio like brand new? Just release in September? Did they release it with bugs and a bunch of shit not working??? My god.

Erilflynn 01-20-2019 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by RinTin (Post 17973301)
Isn't this radio like brand new? Just release in September? Did they release it with bugs and a bunch of shit not working??? My god.

Believe this is the SECOND update

Keithhu 01-20-2019 12:13 PM

I believe in addition to enabling new features, it fixes bugs.

All software of any significance has bugs. If you wait to release software until (you think) it has no bugs, you will never release it.

RinTin 01-20-2019 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Keithhu (Post 17973521)
I believe in addition to enabling new features, it fixes bugs.

All software of any significance has bugs. If you wait to release software until (you think) it has no bugs, you will never release it.

Or you can just keep kicking the can down the road for 4 years then change radios.Sorry, HD isn't getting a free pass for how poorly the radio I have performs. Seems people just want to keep making up excuses for HD and their super poor quality and worse yet, how they handle it.

craigffb 01-20-2019 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Erilflynn (Post 17973329)

Believe this is the SECOND update

Yep. First one was released the end of Oct.

Originally Posted by RinTin (Post 17973587)
Or you can just keep kicking the can down the road for 4 years then change radios.Sorry, HD isn't getting a free pass for how poorly the radio I have performs. Seems people just want to keep making up excuses for HD and their super poor quality and worse yet, how they handle it.

Mine is awesome. Matter of fact its the best radio in ANY of the vehicles I own.

Uberjason 01-20-2019 02:40 PM

This is the 3rd update. I'm not making up excuses about how they handle it, poor handling would be no software update and you have a barely functioning stereo. The software updates do add features and attempt to make things better/smoother. As far as the Boom! Audio 6.5 GT of yore, in it's day (2013 for MY2014) was state of the art, however with audio technology it grows by leaps and bounds as compared to motorcycle technology. The Boom 6.5GT couldn't handle more features based on it's circa 2013 "Processor". Think of it like you want to play the latest video game on your 5 year old home PC. Probably isn't going to happen, or at a minimum you'd have to limit the available features of the game to make it playable, same issue with the 6.5GT. The GTS was two-fold a required update for new features such as Apple CarPlay, as well to compete with the Indian Motorcycle Infotainment system that was created in 2016 as it was at the time light years ahead of the Boom 6.5GT. The GTS on my 2019 is nothing less than impressive, just my 2c.

jpalm 01-20-2019 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Uberjason (Post 17973271)
• Wireless Headset Icon not showing up intermittently

Any chance all of the above “wireless” updates means you no longer need the WHIM for Bluetooth compatibitity? I’m guessing not, but one can hope.

Uberjason 01-20-2019 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by jpalm (Post 17973903)

Any chance all of the above “wireless” updates means you no longer need the WHIM for Bluetooth compatibitity? I’m guessing not, but one can hope.

I highly doubt it as there was also a WHIM update released on the same day.

CSMHOG 01-20-2019 05:06 PM

Jeehz, my radio works perfectly and better than any system I’ve had in ANY vehicle. My TV, computer, iPhone, iPad, Power Vision, Twin Tech and system in my Ram Rebel ALL receive updates. Good manufacturers update their products as other products and firmwares change. I know HD has had their share of issues but trust me, ALL brands do! I’m really tired of all the bashing, some is warranted, most is not.