Notices
Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion

Wanted to buy a 2019 but......

Old 01-30-2019, 05:50 AM
Tn.Heritage
Elite HDF Member
Received 143 Likes on 115 Posts
Angry Wanted to buy a 2019 but......

I've been trying to purchase a Silver Flux / Black Fuse but the Mothership and sorry mark it up dealers have other plans. Personally are you so arrogant that you can sit on your high throne at the HD empire and watch the sales crumble right out from under you and not wonder why. I can't even order this bike and when I do find it the dealers have the price jacked up to almost 4 to 5000 over MSRP.
I even called customer service at the motor company and well you know, pretty much got the runaround as to why this paint was so hard to do, yeah right. So this again keeps pushing me away from HD in the direction I sure wasn't hoping for. I keep looking for an out on what to get but none of the other colors appeal to me.
I guess I also don't know where to even go with this thread except to rant a bit !!!

Old 01-30-2019, 06:08 AM
sandrooney
One Of The Regulars
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

I guess I never cared that much about color.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:48 AM
mjwebb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,933 Likes on 1,329 Posts

priced ridiculously high, especially the CVOs which I'll never spend that kind of money on due to very poor value imo..heck, a couple months ago I considered trading in my 2016 Toyota Avalon for a base model 2019 Lexus ES350 which is $40,000..they had them for $5000 off MSRP so could have gotten one for $35000 but still passed and I think that car is a way better 'value' for what you are getting, especially at $10,000 cheaper than a CVO !!!!

Last edited by mjwebb; 01-30-2019 at 06:50 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Nomadmax (02-01-2019)
Old 01-30-2019, 06:51 AM
Wmitz
Senior Rider
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Did you try Smoky Mtn HD, that’s where I got my sf/bf. Never had markup issues.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:59 AM
Dillbilly Bone
Road Captain
Received 253 Likes on 157 Posts

Count me as a sympathizer. In regards to FLHTK units, I know where there are several scorched orange/black denim models can be found and their hang tags show msrp. I know where a couple silver flux/black fuse models are located but none are under 2 hours and most are 3+ hours drive. I have only seen the color on a Tri-Glide and that's it. I've heard everything from "not available" to "can't order it" to "no more in that color" from dealers. I've had dealers tell me they can order it but can't promise I'd actually get one in sf/bf paint. Not exactly a system which elicits trust and confidence from potential customers.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:01 AM
jpalm
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage View Post
I've been trying to purchase a Silver Flux / Black Fuse but the Mothership and sorry mark it up dealers have other plans. Personally are you so arrogant that you can sit on your high throne at the HD empire and watch the sales crumble right out from under you and not wonder why. I can't even order this bike and when I do find it the dealers have the price jacked up to almost 4 to 5000 over MSRP.
I even called customer service at the motor company and well you know, pretty much got the runaround as to why this paint was so hard to do, yeah right. So this again keeps pushing me away from HD in the direction I sure wasn't hoping for. I keep looking for an out on what to get but none of the other colors appeal to me.
I guess I also don't know where to even go with this thread except to rant a bit !!!
FYI, I didn't intend to buy my 2019, but I stopped into Tifton HD (GA) to buy some gloves and rode out on a new bike. They suckered me in by offering $25.00 gift cards for test rides. I told them I had zero intention of buying a motorcycle and they would have to give me a price that I'd be stupid to walk away from. Guess what they did. They beat my local dealer by $4,000. And that was on a '19 compared to the '18 I was looking at at my local dealer. How TF does one dealer beat another by $4,000 on a $28,000 and one year newer bike? Point of this post - call Tifton HD and see what they can do for you. Just make sure I get my $100 referral fee :-)

Old 01-30-2019, 07:11 AM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage View Post
I tried to buy a trike in that color and that wasen't going to happen. When I seen the blue in the sun I thought a good plan B.. So that's the route I went. Now I'm hearing they are cutting production numbers for trikes and getting them may be a little tough.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:16 AM
DRBUICK
Road Master
Received 291 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by jpalm View Post
FYI, I didn't intend to buy my 2019, but I stopped into Tifton HD (GA) to buy some gloves and rode out on a new bike. They suckered me in by offering $25.00 gift cards for test rides. I told them I had zero intention of buying a motorcycle and they would have to give me a price that I'd be stupid to walk away from. Guess what they did. They beat my local dealer by $4,000. And that was on a '19 compared to the '18 I was looking at at my local dealer. How TF does one dealer beat another by $4,000 on a $28,000 and one year newer bike? Point of this post - call Tifton HD and see what they can do for you. Just make sure I get my $100 referral fee :-)
Some dealers want to make money off of volume some want to make it on one bike. I would rather want to sell 10 bikes at 2000 off than 5 bikes at msrp. the more people threw the door buying from you the more you name is on the street, than make the money up in add ons at the pars and service depts

The following 2 users liked this post by DRBUICK:
Nomadmax (02-01-2019), rodh (01-31-2019)
Old 01-30-2019, 07:24 AM
dceggert
Senior Rider
Received 169 Likes on 98 Posts

Is it not possible to place an order for one like the "old days?"

Old 01-30-2019, 07:28 AM
riknbeth
Road Master
Received 184 Likes on 162 Posts

Dealers can charge whatever they want for bikes. I bought three bikes from a dealer in Minnesota (live in Texas now). They have all bikes clearly shown with tags showing price and markups, with a total. Base price always matches what you see on the HD website, markups are setup and shipping. Have never seen another markup even on a CVO, always matches the HD website. From there you can negotiate, never paid the setup or shipping and got some other discounts on upgrades. I always felt for a new year model paying MSRP was fair, at least to me. Dealers who do not post prices on bikes will never get my business. You can have a bike shipped cross country for $500 bucks, dealer may even ship it for you. No reason to buy local.... Understand you are pissed, but you should look around. You can search inventory on the web looking for the color you want.

The following users liked this post:
Dillbilly Bone (01-30-2019)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: