Sponsored by:

Question will Boom GTS pair to a Neotec II SRL sena

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 01:47 PM
gbarber
Advanced
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Question will Boom GTS pair to a Neotec II SRL sena

I recently traded up to a 19 Ultra Limited with the Boom GTS. I already own a Shoei Neotec II with an intergrated Sena SRL Bluetooth system and also a Sena Cavalier half shell helmet with Sena Bluetooth intergrated. My question to anyone that may have experimented with these devices in pairing with the Whim and the GTS? What I really want to accomplish is to be able to route phone calls from my iPhone to the Boombox and out to the Sena. I currently have the Sena paired to the phone. I know with a non Harley headset will be in mono and not stereo which is ok. I like my music to my motorcycle speaker rather to headset speakers. I just don’t want to buy a whim if it won’t pair with the Sena SRL or the cavalier helmet.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:10 PM
ghostrunner
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 148 Posts

Yes it will pair but as you stated mono sound. I had originally paired my headset to the phone but found out works a whole lot better if pair phone to Boom. Problems went away after doing this

Old 02-16-2019, 10:55 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,935 Likes on 2,343 Posts

I had e-mailed Sena about this very thing three weeks ago, as I am looking at that helmet. The recommend using Harley branded Sena products for best results. Yes it will pair, it will work. It will be mono, not stereo.

Old 02-16-2019, 02:40 PM
gbarber
Advanced

Originally Posted by FLSTFI Dave
I had e-mailed Sena about this very thing three weeks ago, as I am looking at that helmet. The recommend using Harley branded Sena products for best results. Yes it will pair, it will work. It will be mono, not stereo.
That is what I wanted to know. I mostly want it for phone calls. As far as music, you can’t beat the four speakers on the Ultra’s. I will continue using the external boom speakers.
I guess another question is, if you are using the external speakers when a phone call comes in will the headset mic work or do you have to have the Boom setting on headset not boom speakers. Being ill most likely be in external speakers mode. Thanks for the input.

Old 02-16-2019, 07:59 PM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,935 Likes on 2,343 Posts

Originally Posted by gbarber

That is what I wanted to know. I mostly want it for phone calls. As far as music, you can’t beat the four speakers on the Ultra’s. I will continue using the external boom speakers.
I guess another question is, if you are using the external speakers when a phone call comes in will the headset mic work or do you have to have the Boom setting on headset not boom speakers. Being ill most likely be in external speakers mode. Thanks for the input.
On Boom head unit choose which speaks head set or bike for music, then coms, then prompts. I often run with music to bike speakers and then coms and prompts to helmet speakers. So the helmet mic works fine when I get a call.

The following users liked this post:
gbarber (02-17-2019)
Old 02-17-2019, 12:15 AM
gbarber
Advanced

I knew that, but just didn’t think about it. Thanks

The following users liked this post:
FLSTFI Dave (02-17-2019)
Old 03-17-2019, 10:03 AM
torchmaster
Road Warrior
Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts

Has anyone looked at the Sena Freewire?

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ter-for-harley

Law Abiding Biker did a video about the calvary helmet and states it will pair with the boom through the Freewire.

I am considering this as I would like bike to bike com. I'm sure I would be giving up sound quality for music though.

Old 03-17-2019, 06:54 PM
drod
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

On a 2019 SGS with the GTS Boom will the Sena Headset set connect or does it still need a WHIM added first to connect?

Old 03-17-2019, 07:38 PM
NoSecCatfish
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by drod
On a 2019 SGS with the GTS Boom will the Sena Headset set connect or does it still need a WHIM added first to connect?
You still need a WHIM. I believe only the CVO bikes come with the WHIM factory installed.