Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do i go with the cvo or special?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 04:13 PM
Iwannagofast
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Do i go with the cvo or special?

Started looking around a new bike and was leaning toward used 19 street glide special and came across a couple 17 cvos for around the same price. What do you guys think about giving up the new radio fir all the extras on the cvo?

Last edited by Iwannagofast; 02-19-2019 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:26 PM
jlombard
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

How fat is your wallet.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:29 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,505 Likes on 4,415 Posts

depends.."for around the same price" if the 19 has 1000 miles on it and the CVOs have 30,000 miles, for instance..tell us more, both have 114s I believe, what is your intended use, long distance racking up miles, mostly day trips???...is the 19 still warranty compliant, etc, etc

Old 02-19-2019, 04:36 PM
RinTin
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Iwannagofast
Started looking around a new bike and was leaning toward used 19 street glide special and came across a couple 17 cvos for around the same price. What do you guys think about giving up the new radio fir all the extras on the cvo?
Well I am not allowed to use the word I am thinking without this thread being closed, so I'll just say I would go with the 19 SGS and hope for the best.

Old 02-19-2019, 05:55 PM
Iwannagofast
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Milage on the cvo 7k and the special has 4k. Warranty is a non issue because i want to do a 128 kit so they will not honor it either way. I do lots of long day trips and and a couple long trips a year. The price is within 1500 dollars of one another. The stereo system and the sirius radio and the other things that the cvo has would be better upgrades then the gts infotainment. Plus it doesnt hurt the resale as bad if its a cvo. Or would the gts be a wash because its the newest tech?

Old 02-19-2019, 06:07 PM
Oz Dan
Tourer
Received 220 Likes on 155 Posts

I find with bikes that one will speak to me, and that’s the one I buy. Both sound nice and both sound like they will suit, so stand back, take a good look at each, take a good test ride on each, and hopefully you will have your answer. If undecided still, maybe neither........

The following users liked this post:
Srodden (02-22-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 06:10 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Iwannagofast
Milage on the cvo 7k and the special has 4k. Warranty is a non issue because i want to do a 128 kit so they will not honor it either way. I do lots of long day trips and and a couple long trips a year. The price is within 1500 dollars of one another. The stereo system and the sirius radio and the other things that the cvo has would be better upgrades then the gts infotainment. Plus it doesnt hurt the resale as bad if its a cvo. Or would the gts be a wash because its the newest tech?
interesting, maybe comes down to the paint color, CVO probably better for the longer trips...flip a coin? LOL...not a bad problem to have and will get a great one either way, have fun with this and enjoy!

Srodden (02-22-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 06:35 PM
MTBIG G
Road Warrior

Received 969 Likes on 556 Posts

Decisions, decisions...
Since you're looking at some serious engine mods and warranty isn't a concern, I would go with the CVO. I'd pick a color and take it home.

Old 02-19-2019, 06:46 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Oz Dan
I find with bikes that one will speak to me, and that’s the one I buy. Both sound nice and both sound like they will suit, so stand back, take a good look at each, take a good test ride on each, and hopefully you will have your answer. If undecided still, maybe neither........
great point, sometimes they 'choose you'

Srodden (02-22-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 07:16 PM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 330 Likes on 251 Posts

As a '17 CVO owner, I love my bike but...... the BOOM ll sucked and I tore it out. The Stylish seat, I added a gel pad to make it comfy. The Water Cooled M8, Just another maintenance item and I wonder why there not using it more so then not. Other then that, its all bling my friend. They will ride the same, but feel diff in the *** due to the seat, look different due to the paint, but they are in the end the same bike, and certainly if your swapping out motors. You can now install the '19 radio on a pre '19 with the SOUNDZ SC-GTSi, look them up on Facebook.
Just Sayin!!! tough decision I know. Like I said I love mine.

Quick Reply: Do i go with the cvo or special?