Sponsored by:

Need help with MCC clutch pushrod

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 06:04 PM
kllrvet
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Need help with MCC clutch pushrod

Couple of weeks ago I got a new pushrod from Macomb County Choppers. I went to install it today and as you can see from the pictures the MCC pushrod has a flat surface the entire length of a whereas the stock pushrod is round. I can't imagine that this pushrod will seal against anything. I'm unsure if I got something wrong or if this is just the way that it is. I'm hoping someone else has installed one of these and can offer some input. I tried to call MCC and message them but it's too late.

Thanks for the help

Tony

Old 02-21-2019, 06:09 PM
kllrvet
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

MCC has messaged me, and assured me this flat edge is by design. He said it was for ventilation.

Tony

Old 02-21-2019, 07:25 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,430 Likes on 1,577 Posts

Might want to have a look at the pictures in the following thread

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwa...l#post18050079

Old 02-21-2019, 07:47 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,458 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
Might want to have a look at the pictures in the following thread

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwa...l#post18050079
The pictures speak for themselves. Im on my 2nd fat rod, the first was really screwing up my clutch action, the 2nd one although much better was still making the clutch notchy feeling at times. I contribute this to the poorly finished ends. put the stocker back in yesterday. looking at my options.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:55 PM
Agoober
Banned
Received 1,004 Likes on 713 Posts

I would say there is a QC issue for the people making these . They've obviously become snowed under with orders ,probably had to put on a few new staffers and the new guys like most kids today just don't care about cause and effect.Just my take on this and I'm quite prepared to be wrong about it.Most every post about this item has a successful story a happy ending to speak so it works when it's engineered correctly,so if you get a dud deal with it ,send it back ,tell them the issue and then go again, or make your own and do it right.I try to not complain about a service that I can not do myself even when there's an issue,there's always a root cause that can be fixed and the supplier may not be aware of until you tell them or give them good feed back and as I've learned over the years it's about building partnerships with your suppliers to grow both your businesses.
As for calling names here I believe it's just bad form myself and should be aired privately between those individuals involved..
Peace

Last edited by Agoober; 02-21-2019 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:08 PM
Malazan
Tourer
Received 122 Likes on 76 Posts

I see a lot of people say these rods fix their issue, It also seems like when there is an issue with the Rods, that MCC is more than willing to make it right

Old 02-21-2019, 08:08 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,741 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by PRMAN
You are bringing up something that happened with a production part back in October . With over a 1000 of these push rods out there You could expect 1 or 2 issues. If it's even an issue. You going by someone else is pure speculation at the moment. You Steve Cole are a **** starter you always have been from the beginning of this solution. You got all butt hurt because this is a cheaper solution then your partner stone cold's., And working in a shop you should know those pictures are exactly what those parts look like when they're taken apart on a brand new bike. Get a life.
First off, nobody is butt hurt over your cheaper solution. Steve and I are not partners, friends yes, but we have no business together. If customers feel there are issues with your pushrod you either need to rectify it or prove that it is not an issue. You have been banned from this forum once and nobody said anything about you coming back under a different name, so let's try to be a little more civil please.

Originally Posted by sixguns
The pictures speak for themselves. Im on my 2nd fat rod, the first was really screwing up my clutch action, the 2nd one although much better was still making the clutch notchy feeling at times. I contribute this to the poorly finished ends. put the stocker back in yesterday. looking at my options.
My offer of a modified inner side cover still stands if you want it. Let me know.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:15 PM
Malazan
Tourer
Received 122 Likes on 76 Posts

What does the modified side cover do? LOL I don’t really understand what is going on in there, bear with me that’s why I ask

The following users liked this post:
LoneRiderFLH (02-24-2019)
Old 02-21-2019, 08:37 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,741 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by Malazan
What does the modified side cover do? LOL I don’t really understand what is going on in there, bear with me that’s why I ask
It opens up the actuator cavity so that transmission fluid doesn't get trapped and forced through the mainshaft and it opens a much larger passage for the oil to drain back into the transmission. The reason the cable models don't transfer is the side cover doesn't trap transmission fluid and lets it drain back to the tranny.

Here is the modified inner side cover.

Here is the stock inner side cover. The mainshaft fits really close to small hole in the barrier and traps oil in the actuator cavity.

The following users liked this post:
Malazan (02-21-2019)
Old 02-21-2019, 08:53 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,430 Likes on 1,577 Posts

Originally Posted by PRMAN
You are bringing up something that happened with a production part back in October . With over a 1000 of these push rods out there You could expect 1 or 2 issues. If it's even an issue. You going by someone else is pure speculation at the moment. You Steve Cole are a **** starter you always have been from the beginning of this solution. You got all butt hurt because this is a cheaper solution then your partner stone cold's., And working in a shop you should know those pictures are exactly what those parts look like when they're taken apart on a brand new bike. Get a life.
I guess your really afraid of something! The link goes to a post from 2/20/19 not from October, of a bike that has had less than 1000 miles put on it since your rod was installed, They speak for themselves. I've not been butt hurt at all as I have never offered a solution, only pointed out the problem long before you were around. $tonecold is a friend that I helped with what he did and now there is another member ( sixguns) posting with issues with his second rod from you. If you choose to fix the failing rods is up to you, but there is an issue with what your doing. It's up to you to figure it out, as I do not care one way or the other. For the record that is NOT what the stock parts look like in a brand new bike and not what they look like after several thousand miles either.

Quick Reply: Need help with MCC clutch pushrod