Sponsored by:

New FLTRU!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 08:58 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,519 Likes on 4,422 Posts

Originally Posted by azgrumbles
Found a deal on CL for a set of SE slip ons with Defiance tips. $200. They look nice but what a disappointment in the sound and performance. I think I actually lost some low end torque. Not sure how long they’ll stay on. I was pretty happy with the power from the stock pipes. Glad I didn’t pay full price!

I also added the H-D rear filler lights which I love. I decided I didn’t want to add lights to the bags and I wanted to fill in the ugly holes on the back. Win win. They have a nice halo in run mode and the center lights up with brakes and signals.

congrats! throw the SE HI Flow AC and SEPST on as intended all together. The mufflers will be a little louder and perform better. So $500 for the ac and tuner along with the $200 you spent and another $50 for them to do the calibration update, that's $750 for a full warranty compliant Stage 1 and I think you will find your perceived loss of low end torque to no longer be a concern. I'd go that route before spending money on swapping around mufflers which will be expensive, no guarantee you will like them and they won't suffer from torque loss either..just a thought anyway..enjoy and ride safe!

Old 03-16-2019, 09:21 AM
IRBT
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree, I just installed the SE slip ons, air cleaner and flashed the stage 1 tune and this is the 1rst bike the stage 1 actually made a difference I could feel.

The following users liked this post:
mjwebb (03-16-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 09:28 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,519 Likes on 4,422 Posts

Originally Posted by IRBT
I agree, I just installed the SE slip ons, air cleaner and flashed the stage 1 tune and this is the 1rst bike the stage 1 actually made a difference I could feel.
and can run some auto tunes as well at that point to clean things up further if so desired, just buy the $30 VCI cable..or can always have it dyno tuned which i did for good results...just a few options to consider and sure others will have some as well

IRBT (03-16-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 11:44 AM
Apollo
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Went on my first out of town ride today. About 200 miles. Started out a little rainy but warmed up and dried out after lunch. The ride and comfort are top notch. I’m not afraid of cattle guards anymore lol. Last night I installed my KW shield to try it out and it’s perfect for me. Looks sharp too. I also replaced the windshield trim with the chrome ones I had. The black ones will be going on my buddy’s 19 RGS. I’m surprised it didn’t come with them. I’ll be out again tomorrow trying to get it broke in (500 miles) so I can open her up. Here’s a few pics from today.

Downtown Wickenburg for lunch

Painted Rock Petroglyph site

Great photos and thanks for sharing.

Old 04-26-2019, 11:24 AM
azgrumbles
Road Captain

Received 281 Likes on 140 Posts

So after trying out the SE pipes (too quiet) and Cobra Neighbor Haters (too loud) I got the fishtails I wanted. Choices were limited so I got Mutazu 3 inch slip-ons. I really like them and the sound is just right.

I also tried my 14 in Klock Werks Sport shield (9 inch high) but it’s a little too short since the bike sits higher than the special. I can see over the stock shield (11 inch high) but it’s just high enough to annoy me. So I got the Klock Werks 12 inch Pro Tour shield (10 inch high) and it seems just right. I’m 5’ 11” with 32 inseam. Here’s how it looks now. BTW my wife named it Marlin. See the resemblance?

FIT4DUTY (04-26-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 11:58 AM
KrustyKush
Road Master
Received 431 Likes on 287 Posts

I also deleted the heel shifter. I just can’t get used to it. I like to move my feet around. I used the same spacer I had that bumps the shifter arm out so I don’t have to turn my toe in so far. It’s nice to see they changed the shifter arms from steel to aluminum. Much lighter.
I never used the heel shifter either, until I broke my left big toe last month stumbling in the dark on the way to the bathroom. Major pain! If it wasn't for the heel shifter, I'd be off the bike until the toe got better, which would be a long, long time this time of year. Now, I'm a real pro with the heel, and am thinking I might actually prefer it going forward. We will see.