Sponsored by:

best price on 2019 in Indianapolis Indiana area

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 05:41 AM
wizardfitz
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Crabchuck
Have you been to HD of Indianapolis in Fishers? The new dealer up by Reynolds? It's much bigger than Indy West. I've bought some accessories there, but never had to deal with the "game".
no I haven’t , isn’t that the one that moved from 96 street between keystone and grey rd.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:40 AM
Crabchuck
Road Master
Received 622 Likes on 317 Posts

If it was just a move, I wasn't aware of it. I do know what there's a "dealer group" that has multiple dealerships all rolling up to the same owners. This is one of those. I just think it's a nice place. If you're going to have some work done and wait, there's a nice patio (and bar) on the back side.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:45 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 2,209 Likes on 1,396 Posts

Of the three vehicles I’ve purchased new, I’ve never paid MSRP. I asked to know how much they were marking up over inventory - any dealer willing to show me me those figures got my business out of sheer honesty, though they also had the lowest sale price as well. Why dealers want to keep secrets (that are easily found online anymore) is beyond me - we know they’ve got to make money. Those are also the difficult ones when it comes to haggling. Show me the figures and show me you’re actually bending some, and I’ll give you my money.

Paid $20k TOTAL (tax, title, license, etc.) for my SG ($23k MSRP)
$32k TOTAL for a Ram ($45k MSRP)
$20k TOTAL for a Honda ($22k MSRP)

Old 03-19-2019, 05:29 PM
ridingout
Road Captain
Received 255 Likes on 173 Posts

HD of Indianapolis in fishers is the one that moved from 96th st

Old 03-19-2019, 09:04 PM
spartan03
Tourer
Received 289 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by tbob
See Rich at Mann's or Jason at Bensons Muncie. I like the small town dealers ,you know the ones where one guy is sales finance all in one . I hate the good cop bad cop routine.
Agree - I talk to the guy about the bike and the price. If they start pulling that crap I am in the wrong place.

Old 03-20-2019, 03:51 PM
wizardfitznq
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by tbob
See Rich at Mann's or Jason at Bensons Muncie. I like the small town dealers ,you know the ones where one guy is sales finance all in one . I hate the good cop bad cop routine.
I've bought 3 bikes off Rich since moving to indy. on the last one , the appraiser,shop guy, knocked off 2500 of little things. So this time I feel no real loyalty so instead of blindly buying there I'm shopping around. Now if it's a matter a couple hundred rich will still get my business

Old 03-20-2019, 04:29 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by wizardfitznq
I've bought 3 bikes off Rich since moving to indy. on the last one , the appraiser,shop guy, knocked off 2500 of little things. So this time I feel no real loyalty so instead of blindly buying there I'm shopping around. Now if it's a matter a couple hundred rich will still get my business
I'm the same way, I buy where I get the best deal. I give a few a chance and let them know I'm shopping. They get it ,It's all just business.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:36 PM
rlgood
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Benson's in Muncie is a great place to buy, they don't play games and take great care of their customers. My wife and I have bought all of our bikes there.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:16 PM
Mighty_Mickey
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Southside is a pretty good place, I got my 17' FLHRXS there, did really well on my trade in.. which was a used Heritage I bought at Benson's and shortly down the road lot the front brake did not work at all... I called and they told me it was used so nothing they would do. The front brake didn't work?! are you kidding me?! I won't set foot in Benson's. I wouldn't **** on em if they were on fire.

Old 03-21-2019, 11:23 PM
otto.maddox
Cruiser
Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

If you want the price you have to be willing to sit down and talk.

I've never found a sales guy willing to give you the price out in the parking lot.

That's for cars or bikes.

Your job is to know what your out the door offer is.. then sit down with the sales guy and make your offer.

They either accept or decline.

Definitely better incentives in winter.. which ended yesterday. July is prime riding season so you might do better to wait until next winter.

Quick Reply: best price on 2019 in Indianapolis Indiana area