Sponsored by:

H-D app on Apple CarPlay Boom GTS

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 07:40 PM
Uberjason
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Default H-D app on Apple CarPlay Boom GTS

Does the H-D app work on the Boom GTS with CarPlay? When I try to load my H-D via the Boom/CarPlay option it just takes me back to the main "3 option" window. The H-D app shows an icon but won't load. All other CarPlay available apps work fine. If someone could confirm please. Thanks!

Old 03-26-2019, 05:58 AM
painey
Road Warrior
Received 205 Likes on 103 Posts

HD app works great on Boom GTS, easiest way to set a route but never tried it with CarPlay, sorry

Old 03-26-2019, 11:21 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Uberjason
Does the H-D app work on the Boom GTS with CarPlay? When I try to load my H-D via the Boom/CarPlay option it just takes me back to the main "3 option" window. The H-D app shows an icon but won't load. All other CarPlay available apps work fine. If someone could confirm please. Thanks!
That is the purpose of that icon on CarPlay. It takes you out of CarPlay and back to the factory radio for lack of a better description. The way you load routes and what not from the HD app is through the navigation page. In the Navigation page you joystick to the spy glass in the top left corner of the screen. Once you in that page you'll see the HD app logo and you can then go into it and load routes that you built.

Old 03-27-2019, 07:09 PM
UltraWalt
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by craigffb
That is the purpose of that icon on CarPlay. It takes you out of CarPlay and back to the factory radio for lack of a better description. The way you load routes and what not from the HD app is through the navigation page. In the Navigation page you joystick to the spy glass in the top left corner of the screen. Once you in that page you'll see the HD app logo and you can then go into it and load routes that you built.
Now that makes sense... I ran a route via HD app from Carplay and yes it took me to the navigation screen, picked my route and went on but what was odd, I had two different voices giving me turn by turn directions. One was in kilometers and other in miles. Not sure what I did wrong but will try what your way.

Old 03-27-2019, 07:42 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by UltraWalt
Now that makes sense... I ran a route via HD app from Carplay and yes it took me to the navigation screen, picked my route and went on but what was odd, I had two different voices giving me turn by turn directions. One was in kilometers and other in miles. Not sure what I did wrong but will try what your way.
Not sure how you did that. As of right now only 3 nav apps work with CarPlay: Waze, Google Maps, and Apple maps. If I have to run a route or change my destination using CarPlay it shuts down the headunit Nav.....on mine anyway.

Old 03-27-2019, 10:25 PM
greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 48 Posts

Check your saved rides... It's likely saved already.

Old 03-27-2019, 10:42 PM
K Melancon
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

You need the new H-D app for it to work. My understanding is that’s why they came out with a new one because the old did pretty much nothing.

Old 04-11-2019, 12:45 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by UltraWalt
This happened to me last weekend. I think I started the route I made on Route Planer on my phone and then pulled it into the GPS. Two voices...it was super annoying so I stopped and shut the app off. Anyway, I've been talking to the app customer feed back by e-mail on another issue and mentioned it. They said they were aware of the two voice thing and were working a fix.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:38 PM
dupton2000
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Map directions through speakers without headset

Bit off topic but I have been trying to figure out how to get turn by turn directions to come thru the speakers as I usually don’t ride with a headset. Today I was out for about six hours and while listening to Pandora from phone plugged into bike and coming from speakers I mirrored the bikes navigate route to the H-D app route. I activated the route on my mobile and had both the Boom showing me directions and the audio coming from phone thru the speakers giving me turn by turn. It was great.

I then stopped by the dealer and had my unit flashed so that it thinks I have a WHIM (which I don’t) so that I can use car play without having headset plugged in. Need to test the same scenario again. Something tells me I will be back to square one. But at least I have Waze now!!!

Old 05-14-2019, 09:28 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,450 Posts

Originally Posted by craigffb
Not sure how you did that. As of right now only 3 nav apps work with CarPlay: Waze, Google Maps, and Apple maps. If I have to run a route or change my destination using CarPlay it shuts down the headunit Nav.....on mine anyway.
i don't use it, but i did notice that hudway go works on CarPlay as well.

Quick Reply: H-D app on Apple CarPlay Boom GTS