Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M8 Breather Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 07:42 AM
Gary1
Road Master
Received 160 Likes on 131 Posts

I found oil drip on my cam cover due to the oil in the air cleaner and this is why I decided to do this mod.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:44 AM
Gead
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE = SWThomas; 18151709] Eu fiz um bypass na minha última moto e realmente não vi nenhum benefício em fazê-lo. Até que alguém possa apontar para uma erupção de problemas no motor, ou quaisquer outros problemas atribuídos ao sistema de respiração, eu vou deixar do jeito que está. Eu corro meu óleo no ponto intermediário da vareta e não tenho nenhum gotejamento de óleo. [/ QUOTE]
Do you make the intermediate rod of hot or cold oil?

Old 04-02-2019, 08:46 AM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 2,225 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Originally Posted by Gead
Re-translating: "When you say you keep your oil level 'at full or slightly below', are you measuring the oil level when hot or cold?"

The following users liked this post:
Gead (04-02-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 09:26 AM
Gary1
Road Master
Received 160 Likes on 131 Posts

I think that oil level stuff is a bunch of hokey. Harleys have always puked oil out the breather bolts.

The following users liked this post:
Gead (04-02-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 09:51 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by Gead
[QUOTE = SWThomas; 18151709] Eu fiz um bypass na minha última moto e realmente não vi nenhum benefício em fazê-lo. Até que alguém possa apontar para uma erupção de problemas no motor, ou quaisquer outros problemas atribuídos ao sistema de respiração, eu vou deixar do jeito que está. Eu corro meu óleo no ponto intermediário da vareta e não tenho nenhum gotejamento de óleo. [/ QUOTE]
Unbelievable. So the 5 page thread https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwa...l-level-5.html where you posted on the on the EXACT same topic as your question, with 42 responses wasn't enough? The same thread where you asked the same question over and over again? I was thinking you maybe were just having language difficulties, but now I think you are just ****ing with us.

Old 04-02-2019, 11:22 AM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 995 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonSmith
Re-translating: "When you say you keep your oil level 'at full or slightly below', are you measuring the oil level when hot or cold?"
I only measure it hot, like the owners manual says to.

Thanks for the translation. It was desperately needed.

Old 04-02-2019, 11:23 AM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 995 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary1
I think that oil level stuff is a bunch of hokey. Harleys have always puked oil out the breather bolts.
Mine doesn’t. I got a little oil on the filter when I ran the oil at full but since dropping it to half way up the stick it doesn’t do it anymore.

Old 04-02-2019, 11:26 AM
Bowhunter8607
Road Warrior
Received 417 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Unbelievable. So the 5 page thread https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwa...l-level-5.html where you posted on the on the EXACT same topic as your question, with 42 responses wasn't enough? The same thread where you asked the same question over and over again? I was thinking you maybe were just having language difficulties, but now I think you are just ****ing with us.
Now that's funny. He needs to get the same answers over and over again to be sure. Maybe he's just checking in again to make sure nothing has changed since a few days ago?

To get back on topic, I have a new air cleaner and external breather kit from DK customs waiting on the support bracket from H-D to come off of backorder. Been pushed back twice now over the last month.

Anyway I chose to go this route because I was unable to get the hoses to stay on the breather bolts when I mocked it up. Also didn't want to drill into my stock back plate to route the hoses externally in case I need to swap back to the stock air cleaner for any reason. As soon as I can install it and ride a while with it, I'll post an update.

Last edited by Bowhunter8607; 04-02-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:09 PM
lrcormier
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

On my twin cam I did what Harry Larry did and just run open hose down just in front of engine. This is what HD did in seventies on shovels. Most of what comes out of the hose is in a mist and mostly dissipates, I've not noticed any residue underneath my bike and sometimes notice just a drop of oil on end of hose. Also remember that the vented gases coming from your crankcase are hot and not very high in O2, this kind of defeats the purpose of a cold air intake. Combustion engines like cold O2 rich air. Some will argue differently, but running the crankcase gases into the intake is a EPA requirement and has nothing to do with making your bike run better or more efficiently.

Old 04-02-2019, 10:26 PM
h-d wrencher
Stellar HDF Member
Received 796 Likes on 302 Posts

Well thanks for the info guys. I did mine basically like Spanish Cobra did his. Quick and simple. A lot easier than my twinkie was to do that's for sure.

Quick Reply: M8 Breather Bypass