Sponsored by:

quick fix for crankcase venting

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 06:51 PM
paid4c4
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by SWThomas
LOL! If you think my posts are aggressive, you need thicker skin. Don’t be so sensitive fella.
You keep posting them being an old biker I have a skin like an armadillo!
Bill

Last edited by paid4c4; 04-04-2019 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:06 PM
UltraZac
Tourer
Received 88 Likes on 52 Posts

It's hard to believe there are people that still don't know how to use the camera.

The following users liked this post:
Mattbastard (04-05-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 07:10 PM
RinTin
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

LOL! If you think my posts are aggressive, you need thicker skin. Don’t be so sensitive fella.
You can post whatever you like. It doesn't mean anything to me. I could care less for me. I only feel bad for the new people on this forum that don't know you need "thick skin" to ask a question that Thomas might respond to. Peace brother. We are all brothers. Remember that. My god.. Try this, click on your user name and hit past post. Look at your value add to this forum. You are 90% sarcastic and 10% interested. Try letting people be themselves brother. really..

Last edited by RinTin; 04-04-2019 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:38 PM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 994 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by RinTin
You can post whatever you like. It doesn't mean anything to me. I could care less for me. I only feel bad for the new people on this forum that don't know you need "thick skin" to ask a question that Thomas might respond to. Peace brother. We are all brothers. Remember that. My god.. Try this, click on your user name and hit past post. Look at your value add to this forum. You are 90% sarcastic and 10% interested. Try letting people be themselves brother. really..
Cool, it’s nice to know you could actually care less. I don’t know what I would do if you couldn’t care less. That would hit me right in the feels.

I would suggest you take your own advice. I actually weigh in on quite a few posts with personal experiences and advice on products/procedures. Search for posts made just today. My thanked count speaks for itself. Have a good’n.

Last edited by SWThomas; 04-04-2019 at 07:40 PM.
mjwebb (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 08:30 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 414 Likes on 297 Posts

I vent the breathers to under the bike no catch can ( like old car road draft tube).breather bolts drilled out much bigger than stock. Kept the throttle body and air filter nice and dry last 15 k.....( not a new problem twinks and evos did it too) Played with a PCV in exhaust that I pulled out of oil fill..not real successfully . But did as the guy building the kits and stuffed a filter under side cover......I swear the damn thing even idles better. There was pressure with my hand over fill plug at idle........so it can’t be bad to do. The MOCO can’t do it with the EPA up there azz.
pressure is lost HP....pistons go down they make compression you don’t need in crankcase...power loss. The aluminum plug kit just looks a bunch neater.......

Last edited by Bumpandrun; 04-04-2019 at 08:33 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bumpandrun:
hardtimes2 (04-06-2019), johnnynitro (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 08:34 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member

Cool idea. But do you really think it’s necessary to safety wire the oil cap? I mean, how many instances have you heard of where that gets loose if it was properly tightened?
nope but if you were a racer you do it in everything....lol. I like doing it just to confuse people in my hot rod bike. It’s saftey wired everwere...

Old 04-04-2019, 08:39 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by HogEye68
Looked to me like the wire tie was so the rubber hose didn't ride the scalding hot exhaust pipe and melt..... Seems smart to me.....

I too am hoping that is doest create an oil slick for the rear tire though...

Following
never had oil on a tire venting shovels,evos,twinks and now the M8......the amount of mist is so small it’s less than what’s in interstate highways that big ole Detroit’s are running on. Lol 😂

Old 04-04-2019, 11:55 PM
goose222
Road Master
Received 139 Likes on 79 Posts

Is a filter on the end a must. Was wondering if there was a chance of dirt getting “sucked” into the oil from the 1/4” hose.
Was wondering if there is any suction going on or is it all venting pressure.

Old 04-05-2019, 06:13 AM
HogEye68
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bumpandrun
I vent the breathers to under the bike no catch can ( like old car road draft tube).breather bolts drilled out much bigger than stock. Kept the throttle body and air filter nice and dry last 15 k.....( not a new problem twinks and evos did it too) Played with a PCV in exhaust that I pulled out of oil fill..not real successfully . But did as the guy building the kits and stuffed a filter under side cover......I swear the damn thing even idles better. There was pressure with my hand over fill plug at idle........so it can’t be bad to do. The MOCO can’t do it with the EPA up there azz.
pressure is lost HP....pistons go down they make compression you don’t need in crankcase...power loss. The aluminum plug kit just looks a bunch neater.......
Looks very tidy, nice work!

Has anybody thought of closing the loop and routing a second line from the heads into another breather bolt in the dipstick? You'd have a breather and a place to dump mist... Dumb question??

RinTin (04-05-2019)
Old 04-05-2019, 07:02 AM
Mattbastard
Elite HDF Member

Received 1,408 Likes on 864 Posts

LOL, nice hose clamps.

Quick Reply: quick fix for crankcase venting