Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Milwaukee Eight (M8) (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8-198/)
-   -   quick fix for crankcase venting (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8/1278007-quick-fix-for-crankcase-venting.html)

rscott 04-04-2019 10:40 AM

quick fix for crankcase venting

Facebook Post

lp 04-04-2019 12:13 PM

Saw that the other day. Often wondered why no one else had tried that yet.

Hope it doesn't end up with oil everywhere.

SWThomas 04-04-2019 01:23 PM

Cool idea. But do you really think it’s necessary to safety wire the oil cap? I mean, how many instances have you heard of where that gets loose if it was properly tightened?

Mattbastard 04-04-2019 01:40 PM

Thanks, but TURN YOUR DAMN PHONE WHEN TAKING VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: So clearly the OEM ventilation system isn't working if that's the cure. Why not look into that first before doing ghetto fixes?

Hairy Larry 04-04-2019 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mattbastard (Post 18158137)
Thanks, but TURN YOUR DAMN PHONE WHEN TAKING VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think that is the OP's video. It's from a M8 Facebook page posted by someone else. I agree with you about the vertical video though.

Mattbastard 04-04-2019 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Hairy Larry (Post 18158189)
I don't think that is the OP's video. It's from a M8 Facebook page posted by someone else. I agree with you about the vertical video though.

Yea, I know. My comment was more of a Public Service Announcement.

supernac 04-04-2019 03:05 PM

I feel like this is a solution in search of a problem.

RinTin 04-04-2019 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by SWThomas (Post 18158088)
Cool idea. But do you really think it’s necessary to safety wire the oil cap? I mean, how many instances have you heard of where that gets loose if it was properly tightened?

Thomas, 90% of your post are aggressive. Dude, chill out. We are all Harley lovers and are here for one reason. To learn/share..Ok thats two but you get the point.

OP, thanks for sharing. Great idea made simple. I hear you on the wire ties. I am orignally from Ohio.. Dragway 42 for those that have been there. We wire tied everything to make it vibration proof. Thank again for sharing.

HogEye68 04-04-2019 03:53 PM

Looked to me like the wire tie was so the rubber hose didn't ride the scalding hot exhaust pipe and melt..... Seems smart to me.....

I too am hoping that is doest create an oil slick for the rear tire though...

Following

SWThomas 04-04-2019 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by RinTin (Post 18158347)
Thomas, 90% of your post are aggressive. Dude, chill out. We are all Harley lovers and are here for one reason. To learn/share..Ok thats two but you get the point.

OP, thanks for sharing. Great idea made simple. I hear you on the wire ties. I am orignally from Ohio.. Dragway 42 for those that have been there. We wire tied everything to make it vibration proof. Thank again for sharing.

LOL! If you think my posts are aggressive, you need thicker skin. Don’t be so sensitive fella.