Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The tts performance inferno supercharger.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 11:37 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by TTS Performance
There's no point in making small intercoolers, they have to be a decent size to cool and flow properly, we don't want it to reduce power, we want more and with reliability.
Agree. No point to make it too small. They don't look like the size of saddlebags either. Basically takes the place of the fairing lowers at most.Once painted and maybe a louver on them they'll look good.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:18 PM
TTS Performance
Former Sponsor
Received 113 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by load97
Agree. No point to make it too small. They don't look like the size of saddlebags either. Basically takes the place of the fairing lowers at most.Once painted and maybe a louver on them they'll look good.
thats the idea. You know by our other work we can do a good job. Thanks for your comments.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:55 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 450 Likes on 318 Posts

Drive train! We use a duplex sprocket mounted midway between the crank sprocket and clutch, the conversion comes with a longer primary chain, of higher quality than the Regina OE one. The extra length gives all the tooth contact we need to drive the supercharger

As they say, imitation is the highest form of flattery. So thank you for the duplication of my idea!

Old 04-12-2019, 04:44 PM
TTS Performance
Former Sponsor

Hi Lane. The idea to run sprockets on a run of chain has been around since the 19th century. On conveyor systems to name but one. To apply it to this application wasn't rocket science . But the simplicity in this application 1. Can only work with a longer chain. 2 can only work running the sprocket on top of the chain as the chain is inboard of the inner case and that would need replacing as well as the sprocket needing mounting high to get the chain wrap. 3. Multiple step up ratios involving extra pulleys/gears/shafts/belts is not required. 4. The Rotrex unit is the only unit around that has a high enough internal gearbox to make this work efficiently. 5. The Rotrex unit is probably the only unit to be small enough to run inboard and close to the centre of the bike and keep a better balance of the motorcycle. On other Harley's the units are mounted adjacent (outboard) the engine. So there are many fundamental differences compared to your designs. You're obviously a great engineer and you put together every version of a package that you thought would work with the supercharger you were working with. You didn't have the options open to me. I congratulate you on what you achieved.

The following 2 users liked this post by TTS Performance:
ajtwin (01-18-2021), lyork (04-12-2019)
Old 04-12-2019, 04:57 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 450 Likes on 318 Posts

I appreciate the acknowledgements. I really like the looks of your system. People don’t realize what we do once we have an idea, to prototype it., etc. THEN on top of it all...lets now make it aesthetically pleasing (this takes as much thought, actually even more, than developing the idea, and it truly shows with your kit)

I think the hp/tq numbers you’re getting with the Rotrax are awesome. I’ve played with a few of them on a two stroke application in the past couple years and have found them to be good, solid head units.

Last edited by lyork; 04-12-2019 at 04:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TTS Performance (04-13-2019)
Old 04-13-2019, 05:35 AM
TTS Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lyork
I appreciate the acknowledgements. I really like the looks of your system. People don’t realize what we do once we have an idea, to prototype it., etc. THEN on top of it all...lets now make it aesthetically pleasing (this takes as much thought, actually even more, than developing the idea, and it truly shows with your kit)

I think the hp/tq numbers you’re getting with the Rotrax are awesome. I’ve played with a few of them on a two stroke application in the past couple years and have found them to be good, solid head units.
It's great talking with a fellow engineer who appreciates the effort thats involved in producing a good product. We need to meet up for a beer sometime

lyork (04-14-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 12:30 PM
TTS Performance
Former Sponsor

Just to confirm my calculations I Dropped the rev limit to 5800rpm and re geared the supercharger to 1:1.286. I said it will give a very fat torque curve of over 200 ft.lb and still give around 200 whp. Here's what I got. Unfortunately the front head gasket let go on the next pull so we need to look into improvements in that department. The bike is my Breakout with a 114 SE kit, RS468 CAM and D & D exhaust. welded crank. Mapping this time was with the SE Pro tuner. The motor was running too lean low down as you can see so there is much more bottom end to come. 120 ft'lb of torque at 2000rpm should make it nippy Ignore the notes I didn't get round to updating, this was still the C30-74 Rotrex not the 94.

Last edited by TTS Performance; 04-23-2019 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:48 AM
TTS Performance
Former Sponsor
Default New belt guard for Inferno supercharged Softail.

As usual we continue to improve our products. We have taken a lot of weight out of the belt guard and also improved the looks in our opinion. Let me know what you think.

Wmitz (07-15-2019)
Old 04-29-2019, 10:22 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,245 Likes on 8,381 Posts

Progress with the Touring M8 Inferno supercharger

Intercooler and radiator
We're now pushing on with the Touring version. The case is much slimmer. We're looking at fitting an intercooler under the left crash bars and radiator under the right, fitting a new slim line fan and re routing the plumbing. We may fabricate some shields to sweeten the job up, but for sure the leg shields had to go.
No beltguard???

Old 04-29-2019, 10:27 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,245 Likes on 8,381 Posts

As usual we continue to improve our products. We have taken a lot of weight out of the belt guard and also improved the looks in our opinion. Let me know what you think.
Excellent! For a moment there I thought you omitted the belt guard. That one really looks good.

Quick Reply: The tts performance inferno supercharger.