Notices
Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion

2018 cvo sumping

 
  #1  
Old 05-06-2019, 03:32 PM
fmlawn
fmlawn is offline
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 100
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2018 cvo sumping

2018 cvo rg built motor ss oil pump still 8oz to 12 oz in crank case ...any ideas ...
 
  #2  
Old 05-06-2019, 06:04 PM
sixguns's Avatar
sixguns
sixguns is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: SW Washington State
Posts: 3,223
Received 634 Likes on 430 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by fmlawn View Post
2018 cvo rg built motor ss oil pump still 8oz to 12 oz in crank case ...any ideas ...
S&S ever say their pump would help with these bikes sumping? If all else is as it should be, install a Harley Pump and sealed back plate. You would not be the first to do this.
 
  #3  
Old 05-06-2019, 10:52 PM
cmashark's Avatar
cmashark
cmashark is offline
Road Warrior
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Munford, TN
Posts: 1,399
Received 136 Likes on 88 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by fmlawn View Post
2018 cvo rg built motor ss oil pump still 8oz to 12 oz in crank case ...any ideas ...
ĎWhat does built motor mean?
 
  #4  
Old 05-07-2019, 12:06 AM
MTBIG G's Avatar
MTBIG G
MTBIG G is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SE Washington
Posts: 1,124
Received 315 Likes on 234 Posts
Default

Try venting your oil tank. Few of us have done this..... tman even has a vid. Can't say for sure if it will help, but it's worth a try.
 
  #5  
Old 05-07-2019, 11:13 PM
fmlawn
fmlawn is offline
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 100
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Going to try the vent.. iím just going to use the stock oil dipstick. Drill a hole with a hose and filter to see if that works before I drill into the case.. also S&S says shut the bike off when itís straight up, and donít let it idle on a kickstand. The oil that stays in the case when the bike is off, they say itís not a problem, once bike is running it will not sump...Also running VR1 2050 Valvoline oil.
Bike runs good never stopped or smelled any burning oil, but I always checked the oil sensor and it always had 8 to 12 ounces of oil. The motor is at 117 T-man 226 cams, ported heads. 11:3 compression .. 126 hp/130 tq
 
  #6  
Old 05-08-2019, 06:46 AM
cmashark's Avatar
cmashark
cmashark is offline
Road Warrior
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Munford, TN
Posts: 1,399
Received 136 Likes on 88 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by fmlawn View Post
Going to try the vent.. iím just going to use the stock oil dipstick. Drill a hole with a hose and filter to see if that works before I drill into the case.. also S&S says shut the bike off when itís straight up, and donít let it idle on a kickstand. The oil that stays in the case when the bike is off, they say itís not a problem, once bike is running it will not sump...Also running VR1 2050 Valvoline oil.
Bike runs good never stopped or smelled any burning oil, but I always checked the oil sensor and it always had 8 to 12 ounces of oil. The motor is at 117 T-man 226 cams, ported heads. 11:3 compression .. 126 hp/130 tq
Gotcha. When the engine was assembled, what did they find with the piston oil jets? Did they change to the cometic gaskets or was it determined that what you had was working flawlessly? I have one of the A1 vents. I ran it for 1K miles and noticed no difference. I donít have oil issues but was hoping it would help with temp reduction or less oil to the throttle body. Itís not uncommon to see 380F Head temp and 350F engine temp running down the highway at 70 in 6th, within an hour of riding, when itís 65F outside. Mine is a stock 117 with a cam, pipe, cleaner, and Power Vision. I used the stock oil pump without the seal.
 
  #7  
Old 05-08-2019, 09:18 AM
bradsULtd
bradsULtd is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 752
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cmashark View Post
Gotcha. When the engine was assembled, what did they find with the piston oil jets? Did they change to the cometic gaskets or was it determined that what you had was working flawlessly? I have one of the A1 vents. I ran it for 1K miles and noticed no difference. I donít have oil issues but was hoping it would help with temp reduction or less oil to the throttle body. Itís not uncommon to see 380F Head temp and 350F engine temp running down the highway at 70 in 6th, within an hour of riding, when itís 65F outside. Mine is a stock 117 with a cam, pipe, cleaner, and Power Vision. I used the stock oil pump without the seal.
Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you add the plate with the seal?
 
  #8  
Old 05-08-2019, 09:11 PM
fmlawn
fmlawn is offline
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 100
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

well ..buddy 19 rg sumped..that why went ss
 
  #9  
Old 05-08-2019, 10:53 PM
cmashark's Avatar
cmashark
cmashark is offline
Road Warrior
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Munford, TN
Posts: 1,399
Received 136 Likes on 88 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bradsULtd View Post
Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you add the plate with the seal?
I donít think itís a solution to a problem.
 
  #10  
Old 05-09-2019, 07:49 PM
bradsULtd
bradsULtd is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 752
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cmashark View Post
I donít think itís a solution to a problem.
Not sure what you mean?
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: