Sponsored by:

Rear Fender Info

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 01:41 PM
Timberjkd
Tourer
Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Rear Fender Info

Hey guys, I know that there is a bunch of information out there good and bad, but I'd like some information (if anyone has any) about the Advanblack CVO fender conversion...or any brand cvo conversion they recommend. I have seen in person the stretched fender fascia and I have to admit its better quality (imho) than the one on my street glide. I really want a steel fender with lots of lighting. The bullets just don't put out a lot of light and the CVO fender looks nice. I'd love to be able to afford the OEM CVO fender from the dealer but it's $1000 plus paint $300 + Labor...$13 - $1500 is out of the budget. Just want some insight from someone who may have some experience with Advanblack Fender kit.

Old 05-18-2019, 05:20 PM
jada816
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

. Hello Guys and Gals, Im new here and learning and reading like everyone else..... the advan fender is a good fender steel and fascia is good quality, now lighting and wiring may have a few issues. i think its the same fender as TCMT chinese made. they buy in bulk and paint them . I think the problem is with the lights on the 2014 newer ultra the turn signals don't work when the brake is applied. look up member here (roadpop) he purchased his painted cvo kit from advan and he was more than pleased with the paint fender and fascia only to later find out that he had no rear turn signals while braking, he also stated that they have a fix for it now and that advan sent replacement lights and wiring. which maybe HD parts not sure but i will be calling advan monday to find out

Old 05-18-2019, 10:36 PM
Timberjkd
Tourer
Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by jada816
. Hello Guys and Gals, Im new here and learning and reading like everyone else..... the advan fender is a good fender steel and fascia is good quality, now lighting and wiring may have a few issues. i think its the same fender as TCMT chinese made. they buy in bulk and paint them . I think the problem is with the lights on the 2014 newer ultra the turn signals don't work when the brake is applied. look up member here (roadpop) he purchased his painted cvo kit from advan and he was more than pleased with the paint fender and fascia only to later find out that he had no rear turn signals while braking, he also stated that they have a fix for it now and that advan sent replacement lights and wiring. which maybe HD parts not sure but i will be calling advan monday to find out
Well that sounds good. I've been on the fence. I've seen a few good reviews about their products but nothing about the cvo fender. I was worried about the strength of the steel vs the harley OEM. I ride 2 up and that is a big deal for me. I heard the paint is spot on and if not they fix it no questions asked. If anything there is a ton of good reviews about their customer service. I think I'll roll the dice. I hear they ship really fast even thought says paint may take 4 weeks. Harley is good quality but almost $1500 for adding a fender (paint, fender, lights plus paint labor)...I just cant justify it.
Thanks for the reply. Pls let me know if you find out anything Monday about the lights.