Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M8 Engine Temp

Old 05-18-2019, 08:58 AM
AFSOC_Commando
Tourer
Received 134 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
did you consider the Supoertrapp Kerker Stouts or Slash? heard video clips of those and sound great, especially with their 'unfiltered' headpipe..just never hear of those being used here and been curious
MJWEBB, My factory warranty is done in 2 weeks, I had the Stage 1 since I purchased the bike. I decided to replace the headpipe to reduce the heat from the cat instead of drilling the Cat out since I had to pull the Headpipe to replace the CAM and install the Aim Light force.

I also like the look of the Street Canons and they have been fine since the replacement for the rattling. The Street Cannons and the Supertrapp header sound good in my opinion, the have some bark if I get into it but aren't to obnoxious when cruising. The price was also not bad for the header.

The following users liked this post:
mjwebb (05-18-2019)
Old 05-18-2019, 09:52 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,503 Likes on 4,414 Posts

Originally Posted by AFSOC_Commando
MJWEBB, My factory warranty is done in 2 weeks, I had the Stage 1 since I purchased the bike. I decided to replace the headpipe to reduce the heat from the cat instead of drilling the Cat out since I had to pull the Headpipe to replace the CAM and install the Aim Light force.

I also like the look of the Street Canons and they have been fine since the replacement for the rattling. The Street Cannons and the Supertrapp header sound good in my opinion, the have some bark if I get into it but aren't to obnoxious when cruising. The price was also not bad for the header.
I like my SE Canons too..they do look sound and perform great imo

Old 05-19-2019, 06:19 PM
Fitterwelder
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Mines running 245°/255° shown by the fp3...straight off the highway on a 85° day ...probably running rich too idk...
anyone thought about Lucas cool blast coolant ? It looks very similar in color and guys around here run it in hotrods

2017 flhtkl

Old 05-19-2019, 06:34 PM
Rogue1
Road Master
Received 651 Likes on 329 Posts

I don't have a temperature gauge on my stock 114, all I know is it runs hotter than a two-dollar ***** on a Saturday night in the Bronx and the Yankees are in town.

Last edited by Rogue1; 05-19-2019 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:52 PM
MTBIG G
Road Warrior

Received 966 Likes on 554 Posts

Last time I had my PV on it was ~85 and the PV pretty consistantly read around 265-270.
Mods are in sig.

Old 05-20-2019, 10:20 AM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 482 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by Fitterwelder
Mines running 245°/255° shown by the fp3...straight off the highway on a 85° day ...probably running rich too idk...
anyone thought about Lucas cool blast coolant ? It looks very similar in color and guys around here run it in hotrods

2017 flhtkl
I wouldn't run any coolant other than what HD recommends in order to preserve your engine warranty, unless you are out of warranty...

Old 05-20-2019, 12:38 PM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by bradsULtd
I wouldn't run any coolant other than what HD recommends in order to preserve your engine warranty, unless you are out of warranty...
From THEIR owners manual. Doubt it would void the warranty. They're just trying to make a buck. If GENUINE HARLEY-DAVIDSON EXTENDED LIFE ANTIFREEZE AND COOLANT is unavailable, a mixture of de-ionized water and ethylene glycol-based antifreeze may be used. At the first opportunity, change back to GENUINE HARLEY-DAVIDSON EXTENDED LIFE ANTIFREEZE AND COOLANT.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:56 PM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 482 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by CSMHOG
From THEIR owners manual. Doubt it would void the warranty. They're just trying to make a buck. If GENUINE HARLEY-DAVIDSON EXTENDED LIFE ANTIFREEZE AND COOLANT is unavailable, a mixture of de-ionized water and ethylene glycol-based antifreeze may be used. At the first opportunity, change back to GENUINE HARLEY-DAVIDSON EXTENDED LIFE ANTIFREEZE AND COOLANT.
And what if you don't change back at 1st chance and motor has a problem? How do you know that stuff is any better or worse at cooling, than the HD stuff? Bottom line is why not just use the HD stuff and be done with it? JMHO

Last edited by bradsULtd; 05-20-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:03 PM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by bradsULtd
And what if you don't change back at 1st chance and motor has a problem? How do you know that stuff is any better or worse at cooling, than the HD stuff? Bottom line is why not just use the HD stuff and be done with it? JMHO
Just using common sense … every manufacturer wants you to use their products (at a higher cost). If you do your homework, you can figure out where they've actually rebranded their products from. Do you actually think HD makes their own coolant?? All of their motor oil is actually from Citgo, do you actually trust that more over Amsoil or Mobil1 or Redline?? Not trying to make this into an oil thread, but just because it has HD on it doesn't make it better … 9 times out 10, it's not as good.

Old 05-20-2019, 07:06 PM
Fitterwelder
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Peak global coolant and Amsoil is what I run

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: M8 Engine Temp