Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M8-1200 Iron, Part 2..I like it when ya talk dirty to me...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 10:24 AM
Ernie DeBord
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default M8-1200 Iron, Part 2..I like it when ya talk dirty to me...

Made a post awhile back about how I chose the lowly 1200 Iron over the new M8. I REALLY considered a new Streetbob, or whatever Harley calls them now. After reading about the serious "Slurping" problems etc, I decided my pockets aint deep enough to deal with that. I don't consider myself a "troll". But anyway keep on flaming, I was just giving a long time rider (im 64) and working mans toughts on the new M8. I hope they do well. Time to drag and keep my sorry a.ss back to the Sporter forum, Regards "Big E"

Old 05-19-2019, 10:35 AM
Ernie DeBord
Advanced

Oh....while im on a roll. Looks like the main flamers in here don't ride. Looks like they spend all there time in here patting themselves on the back. AND they are the ones that are having the most problems out of there beloved over-priced pos

Old 05-19-2019, 04:58 PM
Bowhunter8607
Road Warrior
Received 417 Likes on 322 Posts

There's nothing wrong with Sportsters buddy so don't get so worked up. It was just an unusual post to see in the M8 section and many aren't very tolerable of unusual posts. I did find it a bit strange as well but whatever. I took it as a conversation starter.

I've had 2 Sportsters and will get another as my second bike in the future because they are just great bikes in general.

My 2018 Fat Bob has had one issue that was fixed under warranty and that was excessive oil out of the breathers due to the original oil pump plate that came on the bike. Other than that it has been a great bike and just as nimble as the Sportster.

My warranty will be up next April and my service plan that was rolled over from my Sportster ends in October so I'm investing in a service manual soon so I can start learning and getting to know this M8 engine better. Yeah the Sportster was probably easier to work on but why let that stop you from going with something different and out of your comfort zone?

Having owned both, I do believe you are missing out by not going with the Softail. In my experience, they have very few issues and the issues that do pop up seem to be far and few between. Much better handling, more torque and power, not much heavier than a Sportster, and just as fun or more fun to ride.

Not going to tell you your choice was wrong though because as long as you're happy and riding, that's the only thing that should matter to you. Take care, ride safe and enjoy the hell outta that Iron.

Old 05-19-2019, 05:08 PM
Ernie DeBord
Advanced

Mr BowHunter, I thank you and respect your comments. I feel they where Spot-On, Regards "Big E"