Sponsored by:

2019 Limited w/Magnaflow Hitman Slip-On

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 08:07 PM
Moonrunner
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2019 Limited w/Magnaflow Hitman Slip-On

Took my time throughout and spent just under 2 hours beginning to firing up. Wore nitrile gloves to keep mufflers clean during reassembly then wiped everything down with isopropyl alcohol and lint free cloth. Clamps need 15mm socket and 1/2” for rear hangers. Mufflers arrived very well padded and packaged. Magnaflow provides new clamps and rear bolts along with excellent instructions. Instructions even state the recommended torque.

The following 2 users liked this post by Moonrunner:
mjwebb (05-31-2019), not_so_newb (06-01-2019)
Old 05-31-2019, 08:55 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,183 Likes on 2,453 Posts

is that with the stock headpipe or did you decat as well?

sounds pretty good.

Old 06-01-2019, 07:04 AM
Moonrunner
Tourer

Bike is totally stock other than the Slip-On mufflers. It seems not much louder than stock but the idle sounds deeper and there is than same deeper sound as I accelerate. I’ll be taking a couple hundred mile ride today so we’ll get a good idea of how she sounds. We’ll see if the mufflers were worth $460 bucks. I listen to the radio most of the time so I wasn’t looking for loud, just a good look and a nice deep tone with enough volume to sound like a big V-twin.

Old 06-01-2019, 07:11 AM
JHC210
Club Member
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Sounds good. I have researched the Hitmans but I never found them for $460. That's a pretty good deal.

Old 06-01-2019, 07:32 AM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 450 Likes on 318 Posts

Here are the Hitmans on a decatted head pipe and CR-460 cam

The following users liked this post:
TriGeezer (06-01-2019)
Old 06-01-2019, 07:46 AM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I also have the Hitmans, installed on my 2017 RGS with Jackpot 2-1-2 headpipe and stage 2 torque cam, They are very deep and get compliments all the time and people asking me what they are.Only downfall is keeping the tips clean.I havent noticed any power loss on the low end.The cam and headpipe definitely made the mufflers louder so much so i have to turn up the volume on the radio at highway speeds

Old 06-01-2019, 08:19 AM
Softy 103
Banned
Received 259 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Robtarra39
I also have the Hitmans, installed on my 2017 RGS with Jackpot 2-1-2 headpipe and stage 2 torque cam, They are very deep and get compliments all the time and people asking me what they are.Only downfall is keeping the tips clean.I havent noticed any power loss on the low end.The cam and headpipe definitely made the mufflers louder so much so i have to turn up the volume on the radio at highway speeds
Well that was all I needed to hear, I want better sound but not at the expense of the radio going down the road, Thanks for the heads up.

Old 06-01-2019, 04:27 PM
Moonrunner
Tourer

I just finished a 285 mile ride with the newly installed Hitmans and had no trouble hearing my radio at all. I have the radio background sound sensor set to level one of I think three available. I left the radio sound level at the same settings with the Hitmans as it was with stock but at 70 mph I see the background sensor now regularly compensates at 3 bars instead of two. By comparison it would normally compensate at two and jump to 3 bars in 15+ mph winds. Either way I enjoy music best when I can hear a strong midrange guitar and voices. I had no trouble listening to the radio all day today in light winds at any speeds I ran up through 75 mph. I like the deep throaty sound of the exhaust in the background and if there was any change in torque then it may have increased a bit. But the throttle definitely seems a little smoother.

the price was on eBay from Powersportsuperstore and the price was only on one with the chrome tip. Shipping was free too.

Old 06-01-2019, 08:36 PM
Moonrunner
Tourer

As you can see there is more engine noise than exhaust sound at the riders position when idling. But when you hit the road it sounds pretty good from the riders seat. More sound clips

Last edited by Moonrunner; 06-01-2019 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:39 PM
Softy 103
Banned
Received 259 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Moonrunner
I just finished a 285 mile ride with the newly installed Hitmans and had no trouble hearing my radio at all. I have the radio background sound sensor set to level one of I think three available. I left the radio sound level at the same settings with the Hitmans as it was with stock but at 70 mph I see the background sensor now regularly compensates at 3 bars instead of two. By comparison it would normally compensate at two and jump to 3 bars in 15+ mph winds. Either way I enjoy music best when I can hear a strong midrange guitar and voices. I had no trouble listening to the radio all day today in light winds at any speeds I ran up through 75 mph. I like the deep throaty sound of the exhaust in the background and if there was any change in torque then it may have increased a bit. But the throttle definitely seems a little smoother.

the price was on eBay from Powersportsuperstore and the price was only on one with the chrome tip. Shipping was free too.
What is the radio background sound sensor?

Quick Reply: 2019 Limited w/Magnaflow Hitman Slip-On