Sponsored by:

SE Street Crapons

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 09:17 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,523 Likes on 4,424 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
Sorry MJ, didn't mean to hi Jack your thread, I will post further info I find out in the Rinehart thread I started.
no sweat, really only thing left on the whole Street Canon topic is to see over time if the new versions hold together..I like hearing reports and video clips of all the mufflers posted on the forum..kicks the snot out of "what oil is everybody using"

Old 06-10-2019, 09:23 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
no sweat, really only thing left on the whole Street Canon topic is to see over time if the new versions hold together..I like hearing reports and video clips of all the mufflers posted on the forum..kicks the snot out of "what oil is everybody using"
Yes sir, hopefully your new cannons work out since you are happy with them!

The following users liked this post:
mjwebb (06-10-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 09:11 AM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

ok, since this 'event' is over for at least another year anyway..hypothetical questions for those that might know the answer...since my bike was dyno tuned with Street Canons..let's say I have to replace on my dime next time...if I banged the plug out of the stockers would they possibly play nice? bad idea, good idea, can't hurt to just try it and see ? they'd be a tad louder and free flowing cores so guessing they might be close enough, maybe..just read so much here about how sensitive the M8s are to mufflers and tunes etc..I have great low end torque now which I wouldn't want to compromise..so this questions is just for grins..I hope these new Canons hold up because they perform and sound great to me
With the plug out, you’ll feel a loss in the low end from my experience. The street cannons have the ID sized to optimize the low end with back pressure just right.

I do have a gently used extra set of FM Street Outlaws in chrome if you are interested at some point. The right side muffler has a light touch of rash from the curb, but they only have 812 miles on them. They are on the shelf if you get in a pinch. $225 to your door.

mjwebb (06-11-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 09:57 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by RK14SGS
With the plug out, you’ll feel a loss in the low end from my experience. The street cannons have the ID sized to optimize the low end with back pressure just right.

I do have a gently used extra set of FM Street Outlaws in chrome if you are interested at some point. The right side muffler has a light touch of rash from the curb, but they only have 812 miles on them. They are on the shelf if you get in a pinch. $225 to your door.
good info, thanks..at this point since my new version 3 day old Street Canons are awesome and have 1 year warranty so it'll be at least a year until I would consider a 'Plan B' replacement strategy

Old 06-11-2019, 10:37 AM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain
Received 79 Likes on 43 Posts

Wow, serious quality issues. I had the SCs on 2014 Limited, & it held well it seemed.

i will hold off getting one until you feel it’s fixed, will continue to ride-factory bone stock mufflers, thanks for sharing.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:44 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by DC2009EGUC
Wow, serious quality issues. I had the SCs on 2014 Limited, & it held well it seemed.

i will hold off getting one until you feel it’s fixed, will continue to ride-factory bone stock mufflers, thanks for sharing.
yeah and that's the thing..pre M8 Street Canons were great..my wife has them on her M8 Freewheeler as they are still being used for the trikes...they got off to a rocky start with the M8 Street Canon slip-ons, which has been exacerbated by the fact it's their only SE offering..you'd think they were going to limit themselves to just one SE choice they could at least make sure they did it right..now who really knows what the failure rate has been, but between myself and others I know of that had problems with them, and folks on this forum as well...they can't be considered a quality product

Old 06-15-2019, 04:11 PM
AFSOC_Commando
Tourer
Received 134 Likes on 88 Posts

Damn MJ,

Hope mine hold out. I love how they flow with the bike if you have the slash-cut end-caps. I have 40k as of today on my bike in the last 24 1/2 months but cannot remember when I had to replace the left slip-on due to the rattle, I know it was about 14 months ago.

They also sound real sweet with a cat-less header!

Old 07-23-2019, 08:03 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 330 Likes on 251 Posts

Mjwebb... So my first edition SE's finally bit the dust with the loose baffle syndrome. Question, did you need to purchase new end caps for the newest edition or did the old carry over?

Old 07-23-2019, 08:25 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by GlidingJoe
Mjwebb... So my first edition SE's finally bit the dust with the loose baffle syndrome. Question, did you need to purchase new end caps for the newest edition or did the old carry over?
old end caps fit new canons

GlidingJoe (07-23-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 09:01 AM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

old end caps fit new canons
Dang, when they warranty them they dont even give you new caps? That's like giving you a new car with used tires on it, LoL

Quick Reply: SE Street Crapons