Sponsored by:

Discovered a new audio feature...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 08:56 AM
VRSGS16
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonSmith
Yep, and you don't need WHIM!! I see WHIM as such a waste.

Headset paired to Phone. Phone paired to Infotainment. Done
Can you expand on this a little bit further...... I can pair headset to phone and pair phone to Infotainment, but my incoming calls go to Infotainment-not my headset. Is there a way to correct this?

Old 06-13-2019, 09:09 AM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Yep, and you don't need WHIM!! I see WHIM as such a waste.

Headset paired to Phone. Phone paired to Infotainment. Done
Brandon...can you pls provide additional detail around this, like pairing sequence or anything special that must be done to accomplish this? Thanks...

Last edited by bradsULtd; 06-13-2019 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:14 AM
SWFLGuy
Road Warrior
Received 1,211 Likes on 597 Posts

Lol I’ve never been able to get my phone to link up Bluetooth with my bike.
I have to keep it plugged in on the usb.

Old 06-13-2019, 02:49 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 2,225 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Here you go:
You CAN pair the phone to both the Infotainment system and a Sena headset. You can make/receive calls and play music from the phone to the HD speakers...you will also hear the ringtone on both the bike and Sena speakers, have caller ID/access to address book from the bike. However, no audio path from the bike back to Sena... Workaround for phone shown here:
Test setup: iPhone iOS 12.3.1, Sena SMH5, Boom! 4.3.
Steps:
1. Paired the iPhone to the SMH5 and had full functionality as expected (VOX, music from phone, GPS turn-by turn from phone, Siri, etc).
2. Paired the iPhone to the Infotainment system via Bluetooth. HD radio plays media, makes/receives phone calls, though the person on the other end won't hear anything as the bike only receives audio through hardwired connections. Full access to phone address book. Caller ID shows up on HD display.

TO RECEIVE A CALL: 1. HD radio plays the ringtone, displays caller ID, AND you also hear the a ringtone in the Sena earphones. 2. DO NOT tap the phone button on the Sena, it won't do any good...you'll hear the caller on both the speakers and the headset, but your mic will be dead....tap ANSWER on the HD radio (push in the right-hand joystick). 3. Once the bike answers the call HOLD DOWN the phone button on the Sena headset for two seconds until it beeps, then port all phone audio (speaker and mic) to/from the Sena. To end the call hit the phone button on the Sena again as you normally would, or kill the call from the Infotainment system.

TO MAKE A CALL: 1. You can either select someone from the phone book by using the Infotainment system, or give a Siri command from the Sena headset, or use the phone to dial/select contact. 2. The phone call will connect and you'll hear the audio thru BOTH the speakers AND the Sena headset. Again, you're only hearing the phone call, your mic is not connected. 3. HOLD DOWN the phone button on the Sena for a second or two...it will beep and then port all the audio (speaker and mic) to/from the Sena headset. To end the call hit the phone button on the Sena again as you normally would, or kill the call from the Infotainment system.

All you're really doing is redirecting the phone call from the hands-free kit in the bike to a Bluetooth headset. At no time is your mic audio being accepted/used by the HD radio.

Last edited by BrandonSmith; 06-13-2019 at 02:50 PM.