Sponsored by:

Well $#it...I sumped this evening

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 07:27 AM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior
Received 416 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
Gonna call the shop that did it today to see if he recalls the plate, I know for sure he did not put a new one in. At this point I just want the right parts in it that will solve it, got too much riding to do and dont want to be thinking about breaking down when I ride. Build date is August 2018.
Ah ok, with an August build date, I doubt it had the seal in it. If not is that the route you plan to go first?

Old 06-12-2019, 07:40 AM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Originally Posted by skid_pimp
Ah ok, with an August build date, I doubt it had the seal in it. If not is that the route you plan to go first?

If the S+S kit is better and seems to be resolving the issue then I will go that route.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:54 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,519 Likes on 4,422 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
If the S+S kit is better and seems to be resolving the issue then I will go that route.
I'd be hesitant to want to throw money at it until I wrote down a list and had a thorough conversation with your build guy and go over all the potential causes as we currently know of:

piston oilers
spec/mic the cylinders
oil pump without seal
crankcase pressure and relief, head breathers
what else...??

obviously you want to get back riding asap, but if they are going to do some disassembly then make sure everything possible is addressed in order and put back together properly

I can only try and imagine how disheartening this must feel, hoping for the best

Old 06-12-2019, 08:03 AM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by mjwebb
I'd be hesitant to want to throw money at it until I wrote down a list and had a thorough conversation with your build guy and go over all the potential causes as we currently know of:

piston oilers
spec/mic the cylinders
oil pump without seal
crankcase pressure and relief, head breathers
what else...??

obviously you want to get back riding asap, but if they are going to do some disassembly then make sure everything possible is addressed in order and put back together properly

I can only try and imagine how disheartening this must feel, hoping for the best

Yes sir, what a roller coaster of emotions, been so excited like a kid on Christmas these past 2 weeks to now this, I guess if motorcycle problems are my only issue in life at the moment then I'm doing ok, still bummed but things could always be worse.

The following 3 users liked this post by Quik:
GatorCVO (06-14-2019), Northernproducer (06-12-2019), Zonktified (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 09:13 AM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,148 Likes on 3,515 Posts

Sorry to hear this, Quik. Seems like the damn CVOs are really prone to this for some reason. Best of luck in getting it solved.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:12 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,425 Likes on 1,573 Posts

To remove the crank trigger you will need a 3/16" allen wrench and a drain pan. It is located in the bottom area of the crankcase on the right hand side towards the front. Remove the bolt then pull the trigger down and out. It's pretty simple once you have done it. To reinstall clean the hole and the sensor then slide back into place and install the screw again. Sorry to say but the bottom line is you have already voided the warranty with the cam install.

As for the Feuling and S&S pump plate combinations they do NOT solve sumpping. Many have tried but it almost always comes back, the factory pumps seems to work just as well when it comes to sumpping.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:28 AM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
To remove the crank trigger you will need a 3/16" allen wrench and a drain pan. It is located in the bottom area of the crankcase on the right hand side towards the front. Remove the bolt then pull the trigger down and out. It's pretty simple once you have done it. To reinstall clean the hole and the sensor then slide back into place and install the screw again. Sorry to say but the bottom line is you have already voided the warranty with the cam install.

As for the Feuling and S&S pump plate combinations they do NOT solve sumpping. Many have tried but it almost always comes back, the factory pumps seems to work just as well when it comes to sumpping.

I'm not concerned about the warranty at all so that's not an issue, I would just like to know what parts I need to put in to make this thing right and reliable.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:32 AM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by skid_pimp

Checked with the install guy and he said it did not have the plate with the seal, just my luck. Guess I should have instructed him to put it in but I just assumed since it was a 2019 that it came in it so didnt think about it.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:42 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

Do any of you guys know the latest and greatest p/n on the 2019 oil pump and plate with seal?

Old 06-12-2019, 12:55 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 231 Likes on 144 Posts

The pump hasn't been updated in over a year, the plate with seal is 62400206.

Quick Reply: Well $#it...I sumped this evening