Sponsored by:

Aim light force

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 06:44 PM
dinsmoor17
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Aim light force

I replaced my first AIM with the new updated unit and it works great making the clutch very easy to pull. I could not get use to the stock clutch cyl. The only thing I notice is the friction zone is a little inconsistent. It does seam to change from 1/2 inch of the grip to around 1 inch. You have to pay attention to it. Still great and would not go back to the stock. I think I saw a comment in another thread. Anyone else find the same?

Old 06-23-2019, 07:06 PM
Redfish911
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I had mine installed on Friday. I've got to say I'm impressed. It has to be about 50% less effort to pull. I really didn't mind the new hydraulic clutch for just going down the road but this is a game changer for traffic.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:36 PM
dinsmoor17
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Redfish911
I had mine installed on Friday. I've got to say I'm impressed. It has to be about 50% less effort to pull. I really didn't mind the new hydraulic clutch for just going down the road but this is a game changer for traffic.
I totally agree.

Old 06-25-2019, 06:26 AM
jake24lt
Road Warrior
Received 1,270 Likes on 706 Posts

Does the friction zone seem to differ when you first ride it. In other words, the lever seems right off the bars on the first ride of the day and then returns to normal after riding for a bit? if so, check the fluid level. If it's down,you got a bad one as did I. I would have that issue and would have trouble shifting from first to second gear for a few shifts, then it would be fine. The other day the clutch was right off the bars and jerky. I turned around and went home and found the MC almost empty.

Old 06-25-2019, 01:07 PM
dinsmoor17
Cruiser

This is my updated AIM. The first one did leak and it was replaced with the updated model. It seam to just change where the friction zone starts off the grip. Sometimes its around 1/2 inch and other times its around 1 inch.I might bleed it again but that should not give this result. Still great and would not go back to oem cylinder. Where are you a FF.I am retired from just north of Boston and now Live Free or Die.

Old 06-27-2019, 12:16 PM
jake24lt
Road Warrior
Received 1,270 Likes on 706 Posts

Mine is now with USPS taking a trip back to California. Hopefully they will get the replacement here soon, as I cant stand the factory one. I WAS a FF west of Boston, retired last year.

Old 06-27-2019, 03:02 PM
dinsmoor17
Cruiser

Mailed mine on aFriday and they shipped the new one on Tuesday got it on Friday. You are right about the stock cyl. Please let me know if you find the fricticn zone change a little. I also tweaked my levers a little to have it just start in gear but keep the friction zone close to the grip as I can get it.

Old 06-27-2019, 06:01 PM
Firenailer
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 95 Posts

Hey Men,
Im looking for a little help and hope I can get it from a couple of retired Brothers. I’m retired out of Westchester NY and had a bit of trouble with their first edition on A 2800 mile ride down south. They were good bout replacing the failed unit but before I take the bike apart again for the 4th time ( recall, first aim, replacing factory for failed aim, and now second aim) I’m looking for confirmation that this replacement part looks right. Here are some pics -

Factory

First Aim Light Force

Replacement Aim Light Force

Does this second unit look similar to what you installed? I’m having a hard time believing enough fluid will build up behind that cylinder to disengage the clutch ....let me know what you think - thanks!

Old 06-27-2019, 07:08 PM
dinsmoor17
Cruiser

Yes that is exactly what mine looked like. It works GREAT

Old 06-27-2019, 07:54 PM
Firenailer
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 95 Posts

Excellent! And thanks for the response, hopefully fourth time’s the charm lol!

Quick Reply: Aim light force