Sponsored by:

Jackpot M8 Street Outlaws

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 02:44 PM
Renoir1
Cruiser
Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BatOuttaHell
Yep, these sound exactly like what i'm looking for. They were delivered last night and i'm getting ready to throw them on in a few minutes. Right now i'm going to run just the slip-ons but am considering adding the HD street tuner so I can install a high flow filter which I'd bought for my '17 but never installed.

Do you have any reservations about running them without a tune? Lots of conflicting info out there about whether the M8 needs a tune for just slip- ons.

First impressions are that the chrome is outstanding... as good or better than anything I've seen before.

One pretty cool thing is the packaging for the left side muffler has a S&S sticker... wonder if Jamie contacted with them to build his design. If so I'm good with that... their stuff is top notch.
No reservations without a tune so far. If I was getting poor performance/decel pop/ etc I'd probably tune it. My plan is to wait till my warranty is up and maybe do a stage 1
and tune with the powervision I've got. Not sure yet, It's got enough power for me right now and runs sweet so I might just leave as is

Old 07-12-2019, 05:06 PM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master
Received 511 Likes on 228 Posts

Thanks Ren... just put them on and took a 10 minute ride. They sound good, albeit pretty quiet with the inserts in. I think my stock muffs with about 1400 miles are a little louder. Did your Outlaws open up at all after 1000 miles? I should easily have that on after this weekend.

I didn't ride with the inserts out but did remove them just for start up after install. Definitely more volume with them removed. I think i'll leave the inserts in over the weekend and see how they sound before deciding whether or not to remove the inserts.

I can't say for sure if I felt any more torque on my test drive but the throttle definitely felt more responsive. Maybe it's a couple more ft/lbs i'm feeling, who knows. Also, zero decel pop.

I'll update again after the weekend miles and then again after I remove the inserts if I choose to do so.

Last edited by BatOuttaHell; 07-12-2019 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:36 PM
yobtaf103
Road Master
Received 274 Likes on 176 Posts

Cool, well S&S are just down the road & FM uses S&S cylinders in their kits

Old 07-12-2019, 07:57 PM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master

Originally Posted by yobtaf103
Cool, well S&S are just down the road & FM uses S&S cylinders in their kits
That makes sense... seems like a great partnership to me. I noticed there are no markings whatsoever on my Street Outlaws....I thought FM cans had the Jackpot logo inscribed on them...weird.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:49 PM
Neil
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

I know that FM air cleaner is basically and S&S unit. I found some instructions online that were the same and had the same piece between air filter and outer cover. No worries if things work well!

Neil
RDMC

Old 07-13-2019, 11:31 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Thanks Ren... just put them on and took a 10 minute ride. They sound good, albeit pretty quiet with the inserts in. I think my stock muffs with about 1400 miles are a little louder. Did your Outlaws open up at all after 1000 miles? I should easily have that on after this weekend.

I didn't ride with the inserts out but did remove them just for start up after install. Definitely more volume with them removed. I think i'll leave the inserts in over the weekend and see how they sound before deciding whether or not to remove the inserts.

I can't say for sure if I felt any more torque on my test drive but the throttle definitely felt more responsive. Maybe it's a couple more ft/lbs i'm feeling, who knows. Also, zero decel pop.

I'll update again after the weekend miles and then again after I remove the inserts if I choose to do so.
If you are running a stock head pipe it is generally recommended to remove the inserts, the mufflers have a fully mechanical baffle (no packing) so there is no break in period. Here is a quick video where Bob explains the baffles & inserts in our mufflers

Facebook Post

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

The following users liked this post:
jsrracing (08-05-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 05:35 PM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
If you are running a stock head pipe it is generally recommended to remove the inserts, the mufflers have a fully mechanical baffle (no packing) so there is no break in period. Here is a quick video where Bob explains the baffles & inserts in our mufflers

https://www.facebook.com/FuelMoto/vi...9635179067281/
Thanks Fuel Moto....I actually did 400 miles through the White Mountains in New Hampshire today and these are exactly what I was looking for. When I did my 10 minute ride yesterday it was pretty windy and with my 7 inch shield all i could hear was buffeting. Today was beautiful, right around 83 degrees all day and no wind. I was able to clearly hear the exhaust and it sounded great. The growl they make on closed throttle going downhill is addicting. Not sure if it's my imagination but throttle response seems much better too... maybe feeling a couple extra foot pounds?

Anyway, we're doing another four to six hundred miles tomorrow and i'm going to pull the inserts just for comparison. These are great mufflers at a great price Jamie... thank you!

Old 07-14-2019, 08:55 AM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master

Son of a...... when I installed the decibel inserts on day one I used one of those cheap Harbor Freight extended ball allen drivers and broke the head off inside one of the three cap screws used to secure the insert on the right side. Tried several ways to get it out (spring loaded center punch, drilling, etc) but nada. There's not enough room to get a dremel disk in there to cut a slot so that's out too.

Was really looking forward to hearing these mufflers sans the inserts but that isn't happening until I get home and can figure something out.

I did pull the left side insert but there's so little flow through the left muffler that I can't detect any difference.

Any ideas how to remove this sob?

Old 07-14-2019, 02:37 PM
Neil
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

I had a similar issue. Ended up pulling baffle out completely. That gave me access to drill head out. I ended up getting some stainless allen head bolts from ACE to replace the cap bolts. I did a bunch or on and off when trying to decide. Good luck!

Neil
RDMC

Old 07-14-2019, 06:35 PM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master

Originally Posted by Neil
I had a similar issue. Ended up pulling baffle out completely. That gave me access to drill head out. I ended up getting some stainless allen head bolts from ACE to replace the cap bolts. I did a bunch or on and off when trying to decide. Good luck!

Neil
RDMC
Why didn't I Think of this, lol. Great idea Neil, i'm going to try this when we get home... maybe tomorrow if it's too late. Thank you!

Quick Reply: Jackpot M8 Street Outlaws