Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackpot M8 Street Outlaws

Old 07-10-2019, 03:07 PM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master
Received 511 Likes on 228 Posts
Default Jackpot M8 Street Outlaws

Ordered these slip- ons during Fuel Moto's July 4th sale and they're scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Coming from one of the best speed shops in the business I know they're designed with performance over sound in mind. I really like the removable torque inserts idea so that I can put them in when working day shift and leaving early, and can pull them when working nights (1900-0700).

Just curious if anyone can give an idea of what they sound like on a stock 114 w/cat, insert in and insert out, as compared to the stock setup.

I should say that I think the stock exhaust sounds great after a couple thousand miles. If Harley could make the stock mufflers a little louder I'd be completely happy with them.

Once my warranty is up in two years it'll be time to cam and tune it. I really like the fact that the Street Outlaws are designed to grow with your mods and this was a consideration in my purchase.

I obviously haven't had a chance to run them yet but I think these mufflers, for the price (even better with the sale code) represent one of the best deals in the business. BTW- I watched several YouTube videos but as everyone knows, they always sound different in person not to mention most all the bikes had a cam. I'm only interested in the stock sound and how those that run them like them.

Thanks in advance guys. I'll also update this thread after I install them this weekend.

Old 07-10-2019, 03:19 PM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master
Default Oh yeah...

Should have mentioned, Fuel Moto's legendary customer service is alive and well. The sale was for the 4th-7th (included all items except Vance & Hines exhaust, so i'm sure they came in Monday morning with a boatload of orders to fill).

My delivery date was for Saturday which is the same day we're leaving on a trip. My exhaust was scheduled to ship Tuesday and I was concerned that the box would be sitting on my porch while we are away. I emailed and explained this to FM and they made time to package and ship them out a day earlier thereby guaranteeing delivery before we leave, even though i'm sure they were running ragged to fulfill the hundreds of orders that undoubtedly came in over the weekend.

Every order I've ever placed with FM has exceeded my expectations. I really love this company!

Last edited by BatOuttaHell; 07-10-2019 at 03:28 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by BatOuttaHell:
hattitude (07-11-2019), timbits588 (07-13-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 04:19 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,938 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Bout time you put some pipes on that Honda

Old 07-10-2019, 04:56 PM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master

Originally Posted by dawg
Bout time you put some pipes on that Honda
Stop, or I'm telling Mrs. Dawg. Meow.

Old 07-10-2019, 06:38 PM
Neil
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

I put these on my 107; stock head pipe and their stage one AC. Compared to stock, the Outlaw's with the inserts in are just a bit deeper than stock, but, not too far off. I am currently running them without the inserts and they are perfect! I swapped back and forth a few times but got some good compliments from some buddies. This is all with the stock, cat included, head pipe. If/when I add the FM 2/1/2 head pipe I will most likely put the inserts back in. I will definitely put them in if I every add a cam etc... With the cat in the head pipe there is still enough back pressure to keep performance great. Anything more and from what I have read there is enough of a drop in back pressure that the inserts make a big difference in performance.

Love FM stuff!

Neil
RDMC

Old 07-10-2019, 06:52 PM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master

Originally Posted by Neil
I put these on my 107; stock head pipe and their stage one AC. Compared to stock, the Outlaw's with the inserts in are just a bit deeper than stock, but, not too far off. I am currently running them without the inserts and they are perfect! I swapped back and forth a few times but got some good compliments from some buddies. This is all with the stock, cat included, head pipe. If/when I add the FM 2/1/2 head pipe I will most likely put the inserts back in. I will definitely put them in if I every add a cam etc... With the cat in the head pipe there is still enough back pressure to keep performance great. Anything more and from what I have read there is enough of a drop in back pressure that the inserts make a big difference in performance.

Love FM stuff!

Neil
RDMC
Thanks very much Neil...these sound like exactly what I'm looking for. I'm guessing that you tuned with the Stage 1 AC...what tuner did you use? Mine will be on a stock headpipe/stock airbox so there'll probably be a bit of a difference in sound. Again, I like the sound of the stock mufflers...just wish they were half again as loud. By the way, VT RDMC here. Be safe brother.

Old 07-10-2019, 06:59 PM
Neil
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

I went with a full FM power package running the Power Vision.

Stay safe as well!!

Neil
RDMC

Old 07-12-2019, 01:17 PM
Renoir1
Cruiser
Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

I have to agree, the jackpots are a great deal. I researched pipes for awhile and figured can't go wrong with Fuel Moto.

I've had them on for about 1k miles. Put them on just before a 600 mile trip. No other mods, stock headers. Just what I was looking for in the sound. Definitely louder and a
bit deeper than stock, but won't annoy the neighbors. I have the inserts in. Didn't notice any torque decrease, maybe a tiny increase
on the low end, but hard to tell, could be placebo effect. No gurgling or decel pop at all. Super easy install and fit great. Totally happy with them.

Old 07-12-2019, 01:31 PM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master

Originally Posted by Renoir1
I have to agree, the jackpots are a great deal. I researched pipes for awhile and figured can't go wrong with Fuel Moto.

I've had them on for about 1k miles. Put them on just before a 600 mile trip. No other mods, stock headers. Just what I was looking for in the sound. Definitely louder and a
bit deeper than stock, but won't annoy the neighbors. I have the inserts in. Didn't notice any torque decrease, maybe a tiny increase
on the low end, but hard to tell, could be placebo effect. No gurgling or decel pop at all. Super easy install and fit great. Totally happy with them.
Yep, these sound exactly like what i'm looking for. They were delivered last night and i'm getting ready to throw them on in a few minutes. Right now i'm going to run just the slip-ons but am considering adding the HD street tuner so I can install a high flow filter which I'd bought for my '17 but never installed.

Do you have any reservations about running them without a tune? Lots of conflicting info out there about whether the M8 needs a tune for just slip- ons.

First impressions are that the chrome is outstanding... as good or better than anything I've seen before.

One pretty cool thing is the packaging for the left side muffler has a S&S sticker... wonder if Jamie contacted with them to build his design. If so I'm good with that... their stuff is top notch.

Old 07-12-2019, 01:37 PM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jackpot M8 Street Outlaws