Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Milwaukee Eight (M8) (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8-198/)
-   -   300 whp fxdr street bike (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8/1357481-300-whp-fxdr-street-bike.html)

TTS Performance 01-18-2021 01:10 PM

300 whp fxdr street bike

I have a customer who has been running my Inferno supercharger on his FXDR all last year. He's done 3000 miles with his 210 whp monster. But he wants more power, not a little bit more but 300whp. I told him it should be possible but we would need to build him a strong motor. He already has my clutch basket and compensator. Also the SE117 piston kit and a RS468 cam. Anyway he dropped the bike over. I thought before I pull it down I will just check the power. The motor sounded mint, and it still pulled 207 whp I was really pleased with that. Then I thought rather than pull it straight down perhaps I could check out some of the mods I made to my dragbike. to see how well the changes would affect the street kit on his bike. So I changed out the throttlebody to the SE 64mm, I changed the plenum chamber for a bigger version and changed out the intercooler for one with bigger exit pipe. If this gave me a good increase in power I would have an idea of how achievable 300 whp would be. On the dyno, straight away it was obvious that it was going to make a loadmore power, it was running so lean. To cut a long story short I spent a bit of time remapping mainly concentrating on the top end. Here are the results. I ran out of duty cycle at the top end so even more is power is achievable without any further power creating mods. Now we have his motor down. It will be going back together with the strongest crank available and a big valve head. Its going to be a couple of months yet so watch this space. :)
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...a99cacc01b.jpg

porkster 01-18-2021 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by tts performance (Post 19673685)
i have a customer who has been running my inferno supercharger on his fxdr all last year. He's done 3000 miles with his 210 whp monster. But he wants more power, not a little bit more but 300whp. I told him it should be possible but we would need to build him a strong motor. He already has my clutch basket and compensator. Also the se117 piston kit and a rs468 cam. Anyway he dropped the bike over. I thought before i pull it down i will just check the power. The motor sounded mint, and it still pulled 207 whp i was really pleased with that. Then i thought rather than pull it straight down perhaps i could check out some of the mods i made to my dragbike. To see how well the changes would affect the street kit on his bike. So i changed out the throttlebody to the se 64mm, i changed the plenum chamber for a bigger version and changed out the intercooler for one with bigger exit pipe. If this gave me a good increase in power i would have an idea of how achievable 300 whp would be. On the dyno, straight away it was obvious that it was going to make a loadmore power, it was running so lean. To cut a long story short i spent a bit of time remapping mainly concentrating on the top end. Here are the results. I ran out of duty cycle at the top end so even more is power is achievable without any further power creating mods. Now we have his motor down. It will be going back together with the strongest crank available and a big valve head. Its going to be a couple of months yet so watch this space. :)
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...a99cacc01b.jpg

😳.....

quint8 01-18-2021 05:21 PM

Holy Smokes!!

lyork 01-18-2021 05:41 PM

Oh wow! That’s awesome !

jake24lt 01-19-2021 05:13 AM

Time for you, to by stock in the tire company he uses for that bike!

TTS Performance 01-19-2021 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by jake24lt (Post 19675049)
Time for you, to by stock in the tire company he uses for that bike!

Great idea :)

Oldskewl 01-19-2021 10:36 AM

My Trask turbo RGS was putting out 200 at the wheel and it was uncontrollable. 4-5th gear wheel spins getting on the freeway. For 300 you're going to need an extended swingarm.

TTS Performance 01-19-2021 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Oldskewl (Post 19675909)
My Trask turbo RGS was putting out 200 at the wheel and it was uncontrollable. 4-5th gear wheel spins getting on the freeway. For 300 you're going to need an extended swingarm.

The difference is it isn't a turbo. Turbo's come in hard like on a piece of elastic and is difficult to control this supercharger has a very linear power delivery and has instant throttle to rear wheel control, its a very nice thing to ride. Just don't pin the throttle in the low gears, stick it in top and ride on the torque.

teedoff65 01-19-2021 12:20 PM

I'd be investing in caskets and grave plots for this guy......

TTS Performance 01-19-2021 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by teedoff65 (Post 19676241)
i'd be investing in caskets and grave plots for this guy......

😂😂🤣🤣