Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

More premium for fewer bikes

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 05:22 AM
Jemezcrusher
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by F150HD
why carry liability in winter if the vehicle isn't being driven and you'll never hit/kill anyone?

having no comprehensive is a huge risk- fire, theft, tree falling on garage etc.....personally I'd carry comp over liability when in storage. JMO
In New Mexico, you have to maintain the minimum liability or Motor Vehicle will cancel your plate

I drop the liability to the minimum, and keep the comp in place in case of theft, etc.

Old 10-05-2017, 05:29 AM
Jemezcrusher
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now I will have to do some shopping. As I mentioned, the 03 KLR and 04 Harley were about 300 a year. Now replacing the 04 Harley with a 13 Harley and the new total is 700

I have never made a claim in 48 years of driving/riding. Insuring my truck and wife’s car at 300/500 only cost me 1200 a year. Can’t figure the 125% increase. Sure the 13 is worth 7-8K more than the 04 but this still seems whacky

Old 10-05-2017, 07:28 AM
Devingoyen
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everybody do call a insurance company called Dairyland insurance I have a 2011 Fatboy lo full coverage roadside assistance and driver coverage as well with 500 deductable paying 243 a year I live in Kansas phone #(866) 324 7952

Old 10-07-2017, 01:52 PM
HDSlimJim
Tourer
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

An 04 and an 03 and you carry full insurance? The ins.co isn't going to give you retail value; trade value is the best you can generally hope for and odds are the littlest dent and the bike is totaled. You may want to check NADA and KBB and think about dropping that full coverage.

Every spring I contact the major insurers and give them a shot at my business. It's so easy, there is no excuse not to price yearly...for vehicles, they only need the VIN, for the house, they only need the address. I always get the "gold" packages as price difference between that and bare min insurance is negligible.

For 5 years in a row now, Nationwide has won my business; customer support is excellent too. I had a house claim a few years back, they didn't even come out to look at the house; just asked that I send in an estimate for the repair...ZERO hassle.

Last edited by HDSlimJim; 10-07-2017 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:22 PM
Star Commtrey
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty901
Progressive did that to me couple years back. I had been with them 11 years. They jacked me up just like you and gave no reason. I know riders with two DUI's that were paying less. I dropped them. When to GEICO . Rates was even lower than before Progressive jacked me up. Switched my cars also.
No loyalty any more go with the better deal. When I trade the 2016 for the 2017 my rates went down with GEICO.
Wait until you have a claim with Geico......I have had two in the past year(One comp, the other collision from an uninsured motorist hitting my wifes car).....Neither have been anything resembling close to pleasant. The closest shop they use is 70 miles away....The truck I used a local one, both the shop and me told the adjuster the bed needed to be replaced. He said no, just repair it. A 3k dollar job turned into 6k and Im still not happy. But since they do not recommend the shop, they wont do a thing about it, even thought their adjuster would not allow the recommended fix. The wifes car is still in the shop. They didnt fix all the damage, and what they did fix they screwed up big time. Right down to an 8 inch run of paint that a monkey could see. I called them and said hell no to taking the car. They said that because I used that shop(the one I was told they guarantee, even have the email from them stating that) that again, there is nothing they can do. That took me up the chain and finally someone who let me forward the email with the appt time, shop, and guarantee statement on it. They are now honoring that and making the shop completely redo the entire job........

They tried to screw me on a boat claim. 5500 in damage, they said they were only responsible for 2k even though I claimed custom parts when I bought it and PAID for insurance for those parts at an AGREED value.....They still tried to depreciate it 95%!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am leaving Geico as soon as my wifes car is fixed and heading to Liberty Mutual......Great insurance as long as you dont use it.