Geico vs Progressive - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Geico vs Progressive

P

Old 12-27-2017, 06:31 PM
Club Member

I'm a little off topic here, but I have Rider Insurance in NJ. I have a 2017 RGS. I pay $400 and some change a year full coverage. They cover my bike for twice it's value at $45K.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:39 PM

I got a Geico quote and it was no where close to the Progressive quote for the 2007 Suzuki GS500f my son has. I put that bike in my name, added a 2017 Honda Rebel 500 and the premium for both was still cheaper than Geico's for the Suzuki after I put it in my name. Where it got interesting was adding the '07 Road King last month, full coverage - under $300 per year. Dropping the Suzuki would have only saved me $14 with Progressive for the two bikes. Why the such a low premium I asked? They said the risk is spread across three bikes so lower claim odds on any one of them. All have full coverage, high liability numbers, the same noraml deductibles. So maybe the thing for you all with higher premiums is to go find a cheap, smaller beater bike to own and insure, maybe the premium drop will pay for it quick then save you some coin.

The thing about insurance is that while the sates set the rates there can be a wide variance between companies. All of this just shows ya gotta shop them every time and when the premiums creep up, shop them again.
The Following User Says Thank You to peterllo For This Useful Post:
r0de_runr (12-29-2017)
Old 12-29-2017, 06:52 PM
Extreme HDF Member

It's hard to beat Progressive. I had repeatedly tried to get my State Farm agent to ever get close since he has everything else. Few years back he did but. Agent told me to get competitive had farmed it out to Progressive. But within a couple years he sneaked back up.
So I just switched back to Progressive. I have a perfect record and never make claims..Make them competitive by driving with care and checking others. Sure it drives them crazy.

Last edited by RIPSAW; 12-29-2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:10 PM

When it comes to insurance, I want the premiums to be consistent each year and if there is a claim, I want to feel like the company is on my side. This was the main reason I got in to insurance and became an agent specializing in motorcycles back in 2009. I starting working at a Harley-Davidson dealership in 2006 and would see customers' policies written very poorly and very costly.

My 2015 Limited is insured with a carrier which offers Replacement Coverage for as long as I own it. If my motorcycle is stolen or destroyed, it is replaced with a brand new current model Limited. Plus all the accessories I have on the motorcycle are also replaced. This coverage is currently available to any 2016 model year and newer (Current Year minus 2). I'm licensed in Wisconsin, Illinois, and Arizona; however the carrier writes in all 50 states.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:26 PM
Elite HDF Member

I've been with GEICO for years. My scooter, truck, and house. I received a recent bill for my scooter that was more then last year. So I'll check Progressive.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:55 AM
Extreme HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPalmer View Post
When it comes to insurance, I want the premiums to be consistent each year and if there is a claim, I want to feel like the company is on my side. This was the main reason I got in to insurance and became an agent specializing in motorcycles back in 2009. I starting working at a Harley-Davidson dealership in 2006 and would see customers' policies written very poorly and very costly.

My 2015 Limited is insured with a carrier which offers Replacement Coverage for as long as I own it. If my motorcycle is stolen or destroyed, it is replaced with a brand new current model Limited. Plus all the accessories I have on the motorcycle are also replaced. This coverage is currently available to any 2016 model year and newer (Current Year minus 2). I'm licensed in Wisconsin, Illinois, and Arizona; however the carrier writes in all 50 states.
How much does that cost?
Old 01-10-2018, 05:42 PM
Default Progressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0de_runr View Post
New 2018 Heritage Classic and 2015 Triumph T214.

Geico: over $800 a year. I've been with them almost 5 years.
Progressive: Under $300 a year.

Same overages and deductibles.

Any Questions?
All I'm going to say is .
We had to higher a Attorney to make Progressive pay our Motorcycle accident.
NEVER Never never let a bro buy Progressive insurance !
Old 01-10-2018, 09:05 PM
One Of The Regulars

Foremost, get quote from them if shopping...
Old 01-10-2018, 09:18 PM
Road Master

I have Geico for over 30 years on three cars and two bikes. I had two cars hit my parked cars over the years and Geico paid right up on the spot. I have had my policy quoted by other companys every year for the last ten years because I had kids start driving but Geico has always quoted me the best rate. I did hate the caveman commercials.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:39 AM
Extreme HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyh14 View Post
I have Geico for over 30 years on three cars and two bikes. I had two cars hit my parked cars over the years and Geico paid right up on the spot. I have had my policy quoted by other companys every year for the last ten years because I had kids start driving but Geico has always quoted me the best rate. I did hate the caveman commercials.
You like Flo better???

P