Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Rear ended on 4.9.17 by hit n run cager

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 11:00 PM
motohaid
Road Master
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Rear ended on 4.9.17 by hit n run cager

Sunday April 9, 2017 was a beautiful day in Carolina. I was almost back home from a solo ride from Greenville to Hendersonville and back. When approaching a red light within 2 miles of home and the light changed traffic started picking up speed. As we started moving faster cars started jocky'ing for position. I was in the far right lane and out of the corner of my eye I could see a vehicle squeezing me over to the white line. Next thing I remember was sitting in the grass and hearing the EMS siren. Half out of it the state trooper was asking what happen. I had no idea the car didn't stop and since no one who saw what happened stopped he assumed I just LOST IT and that's the way he wrote up the report. Well the collision portion of my insurance is paying to repair my bike but if some one who saw what happened had stopped and gave that tidbit of info to the trooper I would have been able to collect on the uninsured motorist portion of my insurance, but nooooo. I wasn't that lucky. I was in the hospital four days with four broken ribs in multiple places and a broken scapula so the hospital bill was and still is sizable. I had Progressive insurance and they will only pay up if I find someone who saw it happen or if I can convince the trooper to change his report which will happen when hell freezes over. So I am more than a little pissed at the *** that would do this and not man up and stop. At least to be sure I was alive.

Old 02-16-2018, 06:11 PM
warjorge
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Moto,

Progressive should side with your version of events if you push enough. You should advise them that you are willing to submit to an examination under oath (EUO) and you will provide your version of events under sworn testimony.

You should also be able to file an amended police report at the station as well.

If they continue to not budge you may want to seek legal counsel

Old 02-16-2018, 07:23 PM
motohaid
Road Master

I have an attorney that's supposed to specializes in motorcycle accidents. I received a letter this week from him and he says unless I find a witness or convince the trooper to modify the report he will be unable to do anything. This weekend I plan to print up some signs offering a reward for information and stick em up near the accident site. Next week I think I will contact the trooper and discuss it with him to see if I can convince him to revise the report now that I am in my right mind. As right as it can be anyway. I think I could have accomplished more with this attorney on my own. If I find a witness or convince the trooper to revise the report I think I will fire my attorney. He hasn't help the case and all the work will be my own. I don't need to pay him for my work.

Last edited by motohaid; 02-16-2018 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-03-2018, 03:22 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

I was thinking that if you see, or witness an acident you were to stop and make sure no one is hurt.
No one stop to help or check if you were OK?

John

Old 03-04-2018, 08:59 AM
motohaid
Road Master

Originally Posted by OldPhat
I was thinking that if you see, or witness an acident you were to stop and make sure no one is hurt.
No one stop to help or check if you were OK?

John
Responsible people do but no, who ever was responsible did not stop. SOMEONE did stopped and helped me into the grass but did not admit to witnessing what happened to the state trooper.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:20 PM
180Tiger
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for your troubles man. The drivers in this town SUCK. Bad enough keeping your head, limbs, and body fluids intact when on four wheels much less 2. Wish I could have seen it I'd have run the dude down. The cops are too busy talking on the damn cell phones and profiling for ECU coeds. My girlfriend and I count the cars with no lights on after dark on Greenville Blvd. 10 the other night in a distance of 2 miles.
Hope your situation turns out for the best but I definitely feel for you
Bob

Old 03-06-2018, 01:32 PM
motohaid
Road Master

Originally Posted by 180Tiger
Sorry for your troubles man. The drivers in this town SUCK. Bad enough keeping your head, limbs, and body fluids intact when on four wheels much less 2. Wish I could have seen it I'd have run the dude down. The cops are too busy talking on the damn cell phones and profiling for ECU coeds. My girlfriend and I count the cars with no lights on after dark on Greenville Blvd. 10 the other night in a distance of 2 miles.
Hope your situation turns out for the best but I definitely feel for you
Bob
Thanks. Kinda stuck between a rock and a hard spot. Doesn't look good as far as collecting on the un-insured motorist portion of my policy. It would sure help with the hospital bills but at least my bike will be back together soon. Hospital may want that for a bit of tha bill.

Last edited by motohaid; 03-06-2018 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:44 AM
DorisJessup
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your case is a bit complicated, but it's good to know that you have recovered from the accident. You can claim the insurance and get the compensation if you somehow manage to prove the accident. Try to take some additional info from the motorcycle direct insurance expert. Try to convince the person who took you to the hospital to give a statement on your behalf, that can help to rest your case. While you plan all this collect the hospital bills and other documents that can make your insurance claim stronger.