Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Insurance Discussion (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/motorcycle-insurance-discussion-125/)
-   -   Geico vs Progressive (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/motorcycle-insurance-discussion/1212351-geico-vs-progressive.html)

r0de_runr 12-26-2017 08:35 PM

Geico vs Progressive

New 2018 Heritage Classic and 2015 Triumph T214.

Geico: over $800 a year. I've been with them almost 5 years.
Progressive: Under $300 a year.

Same overages and deductibles.

Any Questions?

Hoginedgewood 12-26-2017 08:38 PM

Something is not right there, but in an attempt to turn this political I’ll mention George Soros owns Progressive, he’s an evil man that hates America.

1BRAVO9 12-26-2017 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by r0de_runr (Post 16942469)
New 2018 Heritage Classic and 2015 Triumph T214.

Geico: over $800 a year. I've been with them almost 5 years.
Progressive: Under $300 a year.

Same overages and deductibles.

Any Questions?

You know getting an insurance quote is not an exact science. You see my experience was the exact opposite.

I have full coverage insurance with Geico on two bikes with one of them having ad-on insurance in the amount of $7.5K and I pay half of what Progressive quoted me for 1 bike (with no ad-on coverage).

BuzzCap7 12-26-2017 08:43 PM

I found Geico to be the best out there.

When I had an accident, they showed up right away, gave me a check on the spot and said if I need me to just call him.

I did not need more.

That and for other reasons I really like them and will stick with them.

BuzzCap7

r0de_runr 12-26-2017 08:49 PM

I know. When I bought the new Heritage last week I 'bout fell out of my chair with GEICO. You see, I was trading in a 2012 CVO that was $32k new. Still worth probably $18k the day I traded it. The new quote from them on the Heritage, about a 22k bike was fully $300 more than I was paying on the CVO. We went over the coverages and I left the dealership.

So yesterday I went online at Progressive and went through there quote process and was shocked and pleasantly surprised to see that with the same coverages I would save many hundreds of dollars.

1BRAVO9 12-26-2017 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by r0de_runr (Post 16942495)
I know. When I bought the new Heritage last week I 'bout fell out of my chair with GEICO. You see, I was trading in a 2012 CVO that was $32k new. Still worth probably $18k the day I traded it. The new quote from them on the Heritage, about a 22k bike was fully $300 more than I was paying on the CVO. We went over the coverages and I left the dealership.

So yesterday I went online at Progressive and went through there quote process and was shocked and pleasantly surprised to see that with the same coverages I would save many hundreds of dollars.

Yeah bud, sometimes it just doesn't seem to be any logic to it.

DanHappy 12-27-2017 12:49 PM

I would think it would be close. Not that much different. Are the coverages the same?
Same mileage to / from work?
Same deductibles for you and rider?
Rider coverage too? I know some states you don't have to have.

Something is wrong there. Did you go back to geico and ask WTF?

Jamo11 12-27-2017 01:07 PM

GEICO commercials are so funny and Progressive commercials are so insipid.

rdm1465 12-27-2017 01:44 PM

I have Geico for my truck and that's it. I have All State for the 2018 Ultra Limited and Home. Geico could not touch what All State premiums are for the bike. By the same token All State couldn't touch what Geico is charging me for the truck. Strange in deed.

TNCarters 12-27-2017 03:39 PM

Been with Geico for about 6 years and been pretty happy but have had no claims. Recently damaged the front fender on my CVO requiring replacement. Since fender was significantly more than my deductible decided to file a claim. They were quick in coming to check it out and gave me a check for the fender less deductible on the spot. Thought all was well until I got notice of a yearly rate increase totaling about half the price of the fender each year. Starting to have doubts about staying with Geico.